Guest IYG

Hollywood Possibilities

Car Crash Thread.

On the subject of which, away from Hollywood, both Morgan Tsvangarai's wife and Nelson Mandela's great-granddaughter have been killed in car crashes in recent years.

For the future, George Michael and 'Gazza' are both likely candidates.

Car Crash Thread.

On the subject of which, away from Hollywood, both Morgan Tsvangarai's wife and Nelson Mandela's great-granddaughter have been killed in car crashes in recent years.

All very true - I was thinking strictly in Hollywood terms though - a new James Dean or Jayne Mansfield. Thanks for the link to the other thread - didn't know Albert Camus went that way.

Car Crash Thread.

A "bicycle crash" thread would probably be less visited, although there have been Gary Mason and Pietro Ferrero Jr. recently as well as professionals such as Wouter Weylandt (though they have their own thread anyway).

Personally, I blame cars designed by computers and packing effective airbags. Oh yeah, and those pesky mobile phones that summon help rapidly, even in the middle of nowhere. I think the days of wholesale car related carnage for these loose livers are probably gone for good. It's the odd one, like Lovelace, now, and that's it.

Hey Maryport, that's not fair - blaming computers and CAD designers - it's the customers and sales guys who drive the market in wanting safe cars to buy and sell.

Who the hell do these people think they are?

Friend of Moore: "We'll need to give you the gate code."

Operator: "No you can fucking go and open it." (paraphrasing slightly).

I can't understand why there was such a delay in the person just answering a simple question like "how old is she"?

FFS Demi's bio details are all over the place. It's not like anyone would be offended if we found out she was 49

I can't understand why there was such a delay in the person just answering a simple question like "how old is she"?

FFS Demi's bio details are all over the place. It's not like anyone would be offended if we found out she was 49

In her case it is better to tell the age. Or one might think she has a 33 y.o. son and is at least in her mid 50's.

nick nolte has aged really bad and doesn't look good at all.

Given Sean Penn seems intent on siding with Argentina & referring to The Falkland Islands as The Malvinas is there hope that a squaddie with PTSD could shoot the cunt in the face with an anti-tank missile?

Hoping to see Mr Penn state that America is guilty of colonialism as well and insist they return the stolen lands to the Native Americans.......

At least we let the Falkland Islanders have a free vote on whether they want to be drinking tea or greasy cheats!

Given Sean Penn seems intent on siding with Argentina & referring to The Falkland Islands as The Malvinas is there hope that a squaddie with PTSD could shoot the cunt in the face with an anti-tank missile?

Hoping to see Mr Penn state that America is guilty of colonialism as well and insist they return the stolen lands to the Native Americans.......

At least we let the Falkland Islanders have a free vote on whether they want to be drinking tea or greasy cheats!

Or to the Mexicans, in one appropriate case.

Times are tough in Hollywood due to the Global Financial Crisis, impact of people downloading films instead of paying for overpriced DVDs, etc:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/23/opinion/foreclosure-story-untold-in-hollywood.html?_r=3

Might be a suicide or two as the work and money dries up for some of those B-actors still trying to live the party lifestyle...

I think this should be it's own thread. However I do have one more... Carla Laemmle (born 1909) is believed to be the only surviving Dracula (1931) cast member. There are a few entries that don't have birth or death dates so I'm not too sure on those.

Also the only surviving member of the Lon Chaney Sr. Phantom of the Opera, from the 20's, I believe.

I know there's another Hollywood thread somewhere, buggered if I can find it though.

Anyhoo, Joyce Redman dies aged 96

Thanks to what ever mod/admin that found it

Edited by Paul Bearer

The only reason I'd heard of the late Emmy-winning screenwriter/producer/director Hal Kanter was because he'd been pencilled into my 2012 DDP theme team. Step up to the plate, Christopher Challis.

He wasn't exactly Hollywood, but it's the best thread I could find to put Challis's death. Sadly, he wasn't poisoned.

3. Frank Cady born 1915

Frank Cady has died at age 96. He was best known for playing Sam Drucker in Green Acres, The Beverly Hillbillies, and Petticoat Junction.

That'll be a hit for 3 teams when a UK obit turns up.

Susan Tyrrell, Oscar-nominated for 1972's Fat City before switching to cult films for the rest of her career (most notably Cry Baby), dead at 67.

We probably should have seen that one coming- Nora has been hinting at health problems for a while.

In other news, TMZ reports that Conrad Murray, Michael Jackson's former physician, is in failing health and fears that he may die in jail. I think a bulk of the article is complete, sensationalist bullshit, and TMZ and the other tabloids are rarely factual, but we should keep our eyes open nonetheless.

• Like 1