Guest IYG

Hollywood Possibilities

Halle Berry rushed to hospital after 'nasty fall'.

Sorry to be picky but that links to a story about Pete Doherty leaving rehab.

Halle Berry rushed to hospital after 'nasty fall'.

Sorry to be picky but that links to a story about Pete Doherty leaving rehab.

Jesus, you aren't picky at all, my mistake. Been bouncing all over the Internet tonight... Here's the proper link for Halle

Screenwriter (Dog Day Afternoon, Cool Hand Luke, Cat Ballou) and director (A Star is Born) Frank Pierson has died

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/84/Art_Linkletter_with_Humanities_Medal.jpg

This is the picture they're using for Art Linkletter on wikipedia.

You can barely tell this is a photo of a person.

A 75 year career and this is the best photo of him.

Yet another in the long list of reasons why I don't use Wikipedia anymore. I changed my Google settings to completely exclude the site from my searches a few weeks ago and haven't looked back since.

Dale Olson, Rock Hudsons publicist.

Don't know if its worthwhile starting up a thread for publicists. I'm sure there are plenty out there.

Don't know if its worthwhile starting up a thread for publicists. I'm sure there are plenty out there.

How good can they be if we have never heard of them.

How good can they be if we have never heard of them.

As the old Viz letter went, "If Max Clifford is so good at PR, how come everyone thinks he's a cunt?"

• Like 2

Carlo Rambaldi

The Italian special effects artist who designed ET, for which he won an Oscar, has died aged 86. He won another Oscar for his work on "Alien".

Carlo Rambaldi

The Italian special effects artist who designed ET, for which he won an Oscar, has died aged 86. He won another Oscar for his work on "Alien".

That reminds me, Giger, the designer of the Alien, is still with us but getting on a bit at 72.

regard,

Hein

More mischief-making from the National Enquirer. :rolleyes:

ON BORROWED TIME: BURT REYNOLDS SAD LAST DAYS

Published on: August 17, 2012

by NATIONAL ENQUIRER staff

The health of Hollywood legend Burt Reynolds has deteriorated severely, and pals fear he’s facing his final days!

Sadly, the once high-flying 76-year-old “Smokey and the Ban­dit” box-office champ is also nearly broke, and he’s been rejected by both his adopted son Quinton and former love Pam Seals, sources say.

“Burt is on borrowed time, and he’s living his final days in physical and emotional misery,” a source close to the actor told The ENQUIRER.

“In the past few years, he’s been in a psych ward, drug and alcohol rehab, and undergone a quintuple heart bypass and back surgeries. He’s in tremendous pain from other injuries he suf­fered over the years, and he’s so feeble that his legs often buckle beneath him and he collapses.”

Despite his health woes, the Emmy-winning “Evening Shade” star insists on teaching a weekly acting class at his Burt Reynolds Institute for Film & Theater in Jupiter, Fla.

On the evenings of July 27 and Aug. 3, an ENQUIRER reporter watched as Reynolds parked his black Lexus as close as possible to the theater’s back door. Sev­eral people helped him climb out of the car and hovered close by to support him in case he stumbled as he walked into the building.

“Burt has told his students that his acting classes are the only thing keeping him go­ing,” the source added. “But some days he doesn’t even have the strength to make it to the theater. Many of his students suspect Burt suffered a stroke because of the way he favors his left side, especially his left arm. Besides that, his speech is slurred, and he’s often difficult to understand.”

In a heartbreaking twist, while many of Reynolds’ old Hollywood pals have passed on, “those who are still alive have severed ties with him,” said the source.

The “Deliverance” star has been estranged from his son Quinton, 23, whom he adopted with ex-wife Loni Anderson, as well as his ex-girlfriend Pam Seals, who’s now a high-end realtor in West Palm Beach, said the source.

“Burt reached out to Pam several times, trying to get back in her good graces,” noted the source. “But she has too many bad memories of their relationship and doesn’t want any­thing to do with him.”

Reynolds raked in millions of dol­lars during his Hollywood career, but last year he faced foreclosure on his four-acre waterfront home in Hobe Sound. The house is now badly run down, but it’s all he’s got left, sources say.

“Burt had a full-time assistant, but now he’s too broke to afford one,” said the source. “A volunteer nurse checks on him regularly, and a couple of local pals drop by. But other than that, it’s a pretty sad and lonely existence.”

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/borrowed-time-burt-reynolds-sad-last-days

More mischief-making from the National Enquirer. :rolleyes:

ON BORROWED TIME: BURT REYNOLDS SAD LAST DAYS

Published on: August 17, 2012

by NATIONAL ENQUIRER staff

The health of Hollywood legend Burt Reynolds has deteriorated severely, and pals fear he’s facing his final days!

Sadly, the once high-flying 76-year-old “Smokey and the Ban­dit” box-office champ is also nearly broke, and he’s been rejected by both his adopted son Quinton and former love Pam Seals, sources say.

“Burt is on borrowed time, and he’s living his final days in physical and emotional misery,” a source close to the actor told The ENQUIRER.

“In the past few years, he’s been in a psych ward, drug and alcohol rehab, and undergone a quintuple heart bypass and back surgeries. He’s in tremendous pain from other injuries he suf­fered over the years, and he’s so feeble that his legs often buckle beneath him and he collapses.”

Despite his health woes, the Emmy-winning “Evening Shade” star insists on teaching a weekly acting class at his Burt Reynolds Institute for Film & Theater in Jupiter, Fla.

On the evenings of July 27 and Aug. 3, an ENQUIRER reporter watched as Reynolds parked his black Lexus as close as possible to the theater’s back door. Sev­eral people helped him climb out of the car and hovered close by to support him in case he stumbled as he walked into the building.

“Burt has told his students that his acting classes are the only thing keeping him go­ing,” the source added. “But some days he doesn’t even have the strength to make it to the theater. Many of his students suspect Burt suffered a stroke because of the way he favors his left side, especially his left arm. Besides that, his speech is slurred, and he’s often difficult to understand.”

In a heartbreaking twist, while many of Reynolds’ old Hollywood pals have passed on, “those who are still alive have severed ties with him,” said the source.

The “Deliverance” star has been estranged from his son Quinton, 23, whom he adopted with ex-wife Loni Anderson, as well as his ex-girlfriend Pam Seals, who’s now a high-end realtor in West Palm Beach, said the source.

“Burt reached out to Pam several times, trying to get back in her good graces,” noted the source. “But she has too many bad memories of their relationship and doesn’t want any­thing to do with him.”

Reynolds raked in millions of dol­lars during his Hollywood career, but last year he faced foreclosure on his four-acre waterfront home in Hobe Sound. The house is now badly run down, but it’s all he’s got left, sources say.

“Burt had a full-time assistant, but now he’s too broke to afford one,” said the source. “A volunteer nurse checks on him regularly, and a couple of local pals drop by. But other than that, it’s a pretty sad and lonely existence.”

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/borrowed-time-burt-reynolds-sad-last-days

Recent photos from Daily Mail article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2166299/Changing-face-Burt-Frail-Reynolds-spotted-arriving-LA.html

Top Gun director, Tony Scott, has jumped off an LA county bridge and killed himself http://www.contracos...idge?refresh=no

I would jump off a bridge too if i made that movie .

• Like 1

Althought, it was quite a blockbuster. Guess you could say he fell from the top...

• Like 1

Top Gun director, Tony Scott, has jumped off an LA county bridge and killed himself http://www.contracos...idge?refresh=no

I would jump off a bridge too if i made that movie .

Wasn't as bad as Beverly Hills Cop 2, or Days of Thunder...he may have a tough time keeping out of Movie Hell

Did he fly into the dangerzone ?

Personally I can't beleive it. It took my breath away :-)

Dead at people naming these 6/10 80s blockbusters and forgetting that Scott was behind "Domino", which truly is one of the worst fucking films ever made.

Keira Knightley as a bounty hunter. Just think about that for a second.

Dead at people naming these 6/10 80s blockbusters and forgetting that Scott was behind "Domino", which truly is one of the worst fucking films ever made.

In fairness, his films were all right when he had a decent script to work with (True Romance, Enemy of the State). There's an early film he did in the 70s was reissued through the BFI, is supposed to be quite good

Didn't she get her tits out in that one? Not that anyone could tell.......

• Like 2