Guest IYG

Hollywood Possibilities

One of those deaths that's massive and insignificant at the same time, the guy who plays Chekhov in the new Star Trek movies has died aged 27. Anton Yelchin was found "pinned between his car and a brick mailbox" at 1am local time.

He was also the voice of "Clumsy Smurf" in the modern Smurf films. Make your own joke.

• Like 1

One of those deaths that's massive and insignificant at the same time, the guy who plays Chekhov in the new Star Trek movies has died aged 27. Anton Yelchin was found "pinned between his car and a brick mailbox" at 1am local time.

He was also the voice of "Clumsy Smurf" in the modern Smurf films. Make your own joke.

still not as big of a blunder as staring in that horrible abomination of a movie they call the surfs movie.

Uuuh, I'm actually shocked, because it comes out of the blue and is so bizarre (and the new Star Trek movies are a heresy!)

So basically he ran himself over. I'd be checking his stomach contents for tuna mayo jacket potatoes.

• Like 1

Wasn't there an old Hollywood actor some decades ago who collapsed on his driveway, then his wife accidentally ran him over when trying to drive his car for help?

Wasn't there an old Hollywood actor some decades ago who collapsed on his driveway, then his wife accidentally ran him over when trying to drive his car for help?

Rex Allen?

Rex Allen?

Ahh yes, that's the one. Though I misremembered the wife part, it was actually a caregiver who ran him over.

Then there was that fellow from East 17, was it. One of those boy bands, anyway. Brian something?

Then there was that fellow from East 17, was it. One of those boy bands, anyway. Brian something?

Brian Harvey?

Brian Harvey?

Yes, didn't he nearly run himself over?

Brian Harvey?

Yes, didn't he nearly run himself over?

Yes - obviously my jacket potato joke went over everyone's head. In much the same way as Harvey/Star Trek boy's cars went over their heads I suppose.

Yeah, heard about this a few days ago but kept it quiet. Stage 4 neck and head cancer going into remission is somewhat.... unusual, no?

Yeah, heard about this a few days ago but kept it quiet. Stage 4 neck and head cancer going into remission is somewhat.... unusual, no?

Tell Jimmy Carter!

• Like 1

have you heard of the new t cell cancer treatment its said to be the stuff of miracles.

have you heard of the new t cell cancer treatment its said to be the stuff of miracles.

I'd be astonished if Halpin was able to access cutting-edge treatment given how his GoFundMe didn't really give off the impression of financial security. Which only makes his remission all the more surprising.

Anyway, at some point, Jenny Diski also said she was in remission. But a couple of months later, she was dead.

I'd be astonished if Halpin was able to access cutting-edge treatment given how his GoFundMe didn't really give off the impression of financial security. Which only makes his remission all the more surprising.

maybe he got their attention and they thought using it on a public figure like him would be the perfect opportunity. I am convinced Valerie Harper and clive James are also using it.

Charles Briles, who played Eugene Barkley in the Lee Majors vehicle The Big Valley and who also was in The Trouble With Girls with Elvis Presley, has died aged 70: http://santamariatimes.com/lifestyles/announcements/obituaries/charles-chuck-briles/article_b50ebe90-dfde-564d-a2c8-d97830e2638b.html

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0109295/

Apparently, his family was trying to contact him for days, but the police found him dead. He probably died a few days earlier

Apparently, his family was trying to contact him for days, but the police found him dead. He probably died a few days earlier

The Variety article seems to contradict itself on that.

Friends called the police when they couldn’t reach him and he was found dead Saturday.

Cannes Film Festival director Thierry Fremaux tweeted the news Saturday, writing that he died in peace surrounded by those close to him and the two women who loved him.

I'm intrigued by the "two women who loved him" bit.

Pretty Woman director Garry Marshall is dead at 81 of pneumonia. I think this thread is more suitable than others for him.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/director-garry-marshall-dead-at-81/

• Like 1