Guest IYG

Hollywood Possibilities

On 2/2/2018 at 20:31, ThePrematureBurial said:

Doctors must have declared Liam Neeson fit for work, or he wouldn't be filming nonstop. And yet something is wrong with his health...

Big win: Taken star Liam Neeson, 65, was all smiles as he watched his New York Rangers hockey team take home a win on Thursday night in New York City

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5344173/Liam-Neeson-attends-New-York-Rangers-hockey-game.html

Yikes! His teeth are yellow and ugly. Look at his neck! 

10 minutes ago, theoldlady said:

Yikes! His teeth are yellow and ugly. Look at his neck! 

Well I mean, that happens to everybody's neck when they get older. And he's a Brit, so obviously he's gonna have the stereotypical yellow teeth :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, FixedBusiness said:

Well I mean, that happens to everybody's neck when they get older. And he's a Brit, so obviously he's gonna have the stereotypical yellow teeth :D

Liam Neeson is IRISH, not british.

1 hour ago, ImissMontpellier said:

Liam Neeson is IRISH, not british.

From Northern Ireland, which is part of Great Britain.

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

16 minutes ago, FixedBusiness said:

From Northern Ireland, which is part of Great Britain.

Actually, it's not. You mean the United Kingdom (of Great Britain and Northern Ireland - N Ireland added on because not in Great Britain, you see). Great Britain is the island on which the mighty Scots, the English and some Welsh types live. N Ireland's part of Ireland, another of the islands in the archipelago (The British Isles) but call them Irish or Brits and you'll piss off someone. :D

• Like 7

Just now, msc said:

Actually, it's not. You mean the United Kingdom (of Great Britain and Northern Ireland - N Ireland added on because not in Great Britain, you see). Great Britain is the island on which the mighty Scots, the English and some Welsh types live. N Ireland's part of Ireland, another of the islands in the archipelago (The British Isles) but call them Irish or Brits and you'll piss off someone. :D

OH, I guess I was being an uneducated prick about that. Thought Great Britain included NI. lol. Thanks for the info, msc.

3 minutes ago, FixedBusiness said:

OH, I guess I was being an uneducated prick about that. Thought Great Britain included NI. lol. Thanks for the info, msc.

No worries, when you vote to secede from the United Kingdom  errr, I mean  are a history nerd, it tends to do well to know the in and outs. B)

• Like 2

20 hours ago, msc said:

A wikipedia link. He is also American.

Last Night Michael York appeared on the South Bank Show Originals episode for Liza Minnelli, facially and vocally he was unrecognisable, did not know he was suffering from amyloidosis.

Video from 2016

• Sad 1

Veteran publicist Ron Scott, whose client roster at one time included (awesome B-listers) David Hasselhoff, Mindy Cohn and John Stamos  and who most recently managed Hollywood Medium‘s Tyler Henry, died Saturday of respiratory problems complicated by pneumonia.  He was 74.

I mean with a stable like that I'm surprised Dustin Diamond didn't sign him up!

Scott began his decades-long career in the early 1970s at Capitol Records, where he was hired to do publicity for Eric Carmen and The Raspberries (1972), Rick Springfield (1972), Blue Swede (1973-75) and Ringo Starr’s 1974 album Good Night Vienna.
SC

Dennis Stuart Murphy, a veteran producer and unit production manager who did work on such films as Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Powder and on TV series including ER and The Bridge, has died. He was 72.  Murphy died Jan. 24 in Los Angeles of a brain hemorrhage related to acute myeloid leukemia.

Before I get taken to task, I was stunned this wasn't posted, and search both his 3-name name and also without the middle name.  No hits. If it was posted elsewhere screw you it belongs here.  I'll edit this diatribe out later, just nipping shit in the bud.

SC

Sue Barton, who helmed the rollout of more than 50 studio films, including Academy Award-winners Ghandi and Tootsie, has died. She was 79 and passed away Jan. 5 in Monterey, California of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
SC

Anyone catch ridley Scott acceptance speech for the fellowship bafta?

One thing he said that caught my attention was 'I wonder if they are giving me this before it too late'.

Is he hiding something? 

Lots of teary eyes at Gary Oldman.....

Not in a joyous way...I'm wondering if something's up....

Whilst stumbling over his words a bit, James Ivory looked fairly good for someone who will be 90 this summer.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Lots of teary eyes at Gary Oldman.....

Not in a joyous way...I'm wondering if something's up....

Please, no.

On ‎03‎/‎04‎/‎2005 at 06:08, Guest IYG said:

I'm bored and I don't want to study about the Cold War anymore at the moment so I'll make this list.

All of these people are over 85 years old and might be getting close to meeting their maker.

Art Linkletter - born 1912
Joey Bishop - born 1918
John Forsythe - born 1918
Celeste Holm - born 1919
Robert Wise - born 1914
Michelangelo Antonioni - born 1912
Lewis Gilbert - born 1920

Ok, better get back to studying now.

It took a while but finally Lewis Gilberts death makes it a clean sweep ! http://www.allocine.fr/article/fichearticle_gen_carticle=18671141.html

On 16/9/2017 at 19:14, drol said:

Well, Lewis Gilbert being still alive 12 years later is astounding! By the way Morgan Woodward turns 92 today :birthday:

It was astounding.

Richard Glickman, who served as a member of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences' Scientific and Technical Awards Committee for more than 25 years, has died. He was 91.
Glickman died Feb. 18 in Sherman Oaks, Calif., his daughter, Katherine Moore, announced.
A consulting engineer and expert in the field of lighting and related technology for film, television and the stage, Glickman in 2003 was the recipient of the Academy's John A. Bonner Medal of Commendation, given "in appreciation for outstanding service and dedication in upholding the high standards of the Academy."
SC

It's the 90th Oscars ceremony tomorrow. 

I seem to recall for the 75th oscars they had many past Oscar acting winners on stage together for an ensemble celebration segment and they name checked all of the living Oscar winners on stage as the camera went on them. 

I wonder if they will do the same for the 90th tomorrow? 

Will be interesting to this forum if they do as we may be able to assess the condition and frailty of many Oscar winners and potential future deathlist or deadpool picks 

Of course they won't all attend even if they do it. Joan Fontaine did not attend for the 75th Oscars in 2003 although her sister Olivia did. Although sibling rivalry may have played a part in that! 

• Thanks 1

Eva Marie Saint looking and sounding absolutely incredible at the Oscars tonight for someone turning 94 in July.

Feel sorry for the suckers who picked her in the DDP. :P

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Eva Marie Saint looking and sounding absolutely incredible at the Oscars tonight for someone turning 94 in July.

Feel sorry for the suckers who picked her in the DDP. :P

I thought the same thing when I saw her for the whole minute I watched the Oscar's last night. She looks better than most 60 year olds.

• Like 2