Guest IYG

Hollywood Possibilities

1 hour ago, Wee Jum said:

You stupid twat - not only do you post in THIS thread without looking, you then double post into another thread.  

SC

3 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

You stupid twat - not only do you post in THIS thread without looking, you then double post into another thread.  

SC

He posted an obit from the Guardian, ie a QO for many pools. 

Nothing wrong with that, and nothing wrong with posting in the collective thread for the year's deaths.

He's not the stupid twat.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Toast said:

He posted an obit from the Guardian, ie a QO for many pools. 

Nothing wrong with that, and nothing wrong with posting in the collective thread for the year's deaths.

He's not the stupid twat.

Agreed though I think “cult actor” is a peculiar description for him. He won at least one Emmy, was nominated for an Oscar if memory serves, and his career spanned something like 60 years. It’s like calling Harry Dean Stanton a cult actor. 

On 21/10/2018 at 18:37, alt obits guy said:

Diana Sowle, forever to be remembered as Mrs. Bucket in 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory', has died.  She was 88.  Sowle was the last remaining major adult actor from the film.  Only a few Oompa Loompas and the child actors remain, I believe.

https://uk-reports.com/willy-wonka-the-chocolate-factory-actress-diana-sowle-dies-aged-88/

I should probably note who's alive from the film, credited and uncredited that I could find, after Denise's death.

Peter Ostrum - Charlie Bucket (Age 61, B. November 1 1957)

Julie Dawn Cole - Veruca Salt (Age 61, B. October 26 1957)

Paris Themmen - Mike Teavee (Age 60, B June 25th 1959)

Michael Bollner - August Gloop (Age 60, B. September 14th 1958)

Rusty Goffe - Uncredited Oompa Loompa, this is the one that's actually obitable though (Age 70, B. October 30 1948)

Malcolm Dixon - Uncredited Oompa Loompa (Age 65, B. September ? 1953)

Albert Wilkinson Uncredited Oompa Loompa (Age 79/80, B. 1938)

Tim Brooke-Taylor - Uncredited Computer Scientist. Was in this scene. (Age 78/79, B July 17 1940) Highly obitable, is a OBE award winner.

Bob Roe - Uncredited character, Peter Goff (one of the school kids) (Age 61, B November 14 1957)

Peter Stuart (son of director Mel Stuart) - Winkelmann (Age 60, B 1958)

Madeline Stuart (daughter of director Mel Stuart) - Madeline Durkin (Age ?, B ?)

Shin Hamano. Uncredited Japanese candy salesman. Born 1928

Recently dead from cast:

Denise Nickerson, actress who played Violet Beauregarde, died July 10th 2019

Gloria Manon, actress who played Mrs Curtis. died somewhere around November 10th and November 14th 2018

Diana Sowle, actress who played Mrs Bucket, died October 10th, 2018

Hopefully I didn't miss anybody. cheers.

• Like 3

Hmm thought I'd reported Gloria Manon's death hereabouts. I'll have a look.

2 minutes ago, FixedBusiness said:

I should probably note who's alive from the film, credited and uncredited that I could find, after Denise's death.

Gloria Manon - Uncredited character Mrs Curtis. I WANT MY WONKA BARS! (Age 79, B December 28 1939)

2 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Hmm thought I'd reported Gloria Manon's death hereabouts. I'll have a look.

Yeah, looks like you did. I saw that on Reddit just now and that's the only source, a "personal connection", so I don't know.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FixedBusiness said:

Yeah, looks like you did. I saw that on Reddit just now and that's the only source, a "personal connection", so I don't know.

Well, who knows? Ha! We find these things, they go uncorroborated, then either they are dead or they turn up in an obit years later.

All I know is I ain't picking her for a pool anytime, ever!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YoungWillz said:

Well, who knows? Ha! We find these things, they go uncorroborated, then either they are dead or they turn up in an obit years later.

All I know is I ain't picking her for a pool anytime, ever!

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't risk it unless I'm making a dead pool of people I specifically don't want obits for ;)

16 minutes ago, FixedBusiness said:

Peter Ostrum - Charlie Bucket (Age 61, B. November 1 1957)

Julie Dawn Cole - Veruca Salt (Age 61, B. October 26 1957)

Paris Themmen - Mike Teavee (Age 60, B June 25th 1959)

Michael Bollner - August Gloop (Age 60, B. September 14th 1958)

Rusty Goffe - Uncredited Oompa Loompa, this is the one that's actually obitable though (Age 70, B. October 30 1948)

Malcolm Dixon - Uncredited Oompa Loompa (Age 65, B. September ? 1953)

Albert Wilkinson Uncredited Oompa Loompa (Age 79/80, B. 1938)

Tim Brooke-Taylor - Uncredited Computer Scientist. Was in this scene. (Age 78/79, B July 17 1940) Highly obitable, is a OBE award winner.

Bob Roe - Uncredited character, Peter Goff (one of the school kids) (Age 61, B November 14 1957)

Peter Stuart (son of director Mel Stuart) - Winkelmann (Age 60, B 1958)

Madeline Stuart (daughter of director Mel Stuart) - Madeline Durkin (Age ?, B ?)

Gloria Manon - Uncredited character Mrs Curtis. I WANT MY WONKA BARS! (Age 79, B December 28 1939)

Shin Hamano. Uncredited Japanese candy salesman. Born 1928

Unconfirmed, since sources are giving me next to nil:
Pepe Poupee. Uncredited Oompa Loompa Apparently since the 2000s has been living in a care home in England, legally blind. I don't know if this is updated.

Rudy Borgstaller. Uncredited Oompa Loompa IMDB says possibly alive.

Hopefully I didn't miss anybody. cheers.

Rusty Goffe confirmed in this 2005 interview that only himself Dixon and Wilkinson were still alive of the 10 Oompa Loompas so you can take Pepe and Rudy off the list of possibly living.

4 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Rusty Goffe confirmed in this 2005 interview that only himself Dixon and Wilkinson were still alive of the 10 Oompa Loompas so you can take Pepe and Rudy off the list of possibly living.

On ‎17‎/‎01‎/‎2014 at 03:40, Guest Guest said:

Pepe Poupee died a few years ago.She was in the nursing home I worked at for a while

Ah, there's always something on the forum if you look hard enough...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Cheers.

Stephanie Niznik, who had a 15 year career in Hollywood, from the mid-90s to 2009 and whose credits included the regular role of Nina Feeney in Everwood and Perim in the movie Star Trek: Insurrection, died June 23rd.  She was 52.  Her death is only being reported today, July 12th.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/stephanie-niznik-dead-dies-star-trek-everwood-1203266197/

4 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Looks like Gloria Manon may in fact have died sometime in late 2018 according to this:

https://en-gb.facebook.com/events/memorial-service-for-gloria-manon/497926957379037/

Yup, looks like it. Thanks for that. Here's something from her facebook page, November 9th, 2018.

For all of you that know and love Gloria, she is in hospice care now and in her last days. Please send your prayers her way so we can all blast her with our love for her as she enters this journey beyond. If anyone feels moved to visit her soon, you can contact me, Dave Cesana, through my Facebook messenger or I’ll check on her Facebook periodically. Also, please let me know if you’d like to be included in her memorial service. There are many out there whose lives she touched that I’m not even aware of. She has been a gift and bright light to us and will be missed on this planet. Thank you.

The memorial of life event was posted Nov 14th 2018, so she definitely died around mid Nov. Cheers again Young.

• Like 1

The cast and crew of DC Universe's Titans are reeling after the accidental death of the show's stunt coordinator, Warren Appleby.

According to Warner Bros., the veteran special effects coordinator was preparing for an upcoming shoot at an offsite facility when the fatal accident occurred. Production has been shut down on the series for two days.

Appleby was reportedly fatally injured after being hit by a piece of equipment that unexpectedly broke off during preparation and testing of an effect for an upcoming shoot for Titans, The Wrap reports.
SC

Director D.A. Pennebaker dead at 94 years:

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/d-a-pennebaker-dead-dies-dont-look-back-1203290823/

He was well known for his documentaries, including the classic “Don’t Look Back” (1967), “Monterey Pop” (1968) and “The War Room” (1993) and “Elaine Stritch at Liberty” (2002)

• Like 3

On 31/05/2017 at 21:54, YoungWillz said:

Stacy Keach falls ill on opening night of play: http://www.playbill.com/article/opening-night-performance-of-goodmans-pamplona-suspended-after-stacy-keach-falls-ill

Guaranteed obit in due course and not getting any younger.

Stacy Keach, 78,  gets Hollywood Walk of Fame star.

Another for the "they've aged" file:

Actor-Stacy-Keach-gets-a-star-on-the-Hollywood-Walk-of-Fame.jpg

• Like 1

A 2 for 1 of sorts.

Robert Evans, famed Hollywood producer (Chinatown, Marathon Man), studio exec and coke smuggler, 'retired' by Paramount after 52 years and "in frail health".

Apparently promised a job for life by Forum Fave Sumner Redstone, whose health is now so poor these sorts of rulings can be ignored...

12 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

Barry Coe, a Golden Globe-winning actor with over 20 years of credits, notably for the films Peyton Place and A Private's Affair, has died.  He was 84.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/06/entertainment/barry-coe-obituary/index.html

"Actor Ryan O'Neal would go on to play Coe's role from the film, a character named Rodney Harrigton, in the TV series."

Oh heavens.... do I detect a coincidental death alert?......  Would surely be something wouldn't it.... 

1 minute ago, Sir Creep said:

"Actor Ryan O'Neal would go on to play Coe's role from the film, a character named Rodney Harrigton, in the TV series."

Oh heavens.... do I detect a coincidental death alert?......  Would surely be something wouldn't it.... 

Was on a lot of people's radars six/seven years ago when he was diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer.  Still talked about from time to time, usually either about his health, the death of Farrah Fawcett or the attempted murder case involving their son.

12 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

Dango Nguyen, a one-time firefighter who had bit parts in Hollywood under the pseudonym Dang Nu Yen, including seven uncredited appearances in the Walking Dead, has died of cancer.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/12/entertainment/walking-dead-actor-death/index.html

QO https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/breaking-walking-dead-star-dango-18921484

ALSO

how the fuck did this guy get this much coverage