Hollywood Possibilities

Glynis Johns turns 96 today! :birthday:

World is full of fuckers who never die.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, drol said:

Glynis Johns turns 96 today! :birthday:

World is full of fuckers who never die.

Which is great for t heir family and friends,  just not so good for us maybe ! :unsure:

P.S Happy Birthday Glynis ! 

1 hour ago, Drewsky1211 said:

Robert Forster, actor nominated for an Oscar for his performance in Jackie Brown, is dead at 78.

Interesting, he died on the release date of a movie he's in, El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie

Regardless this is very sad. R.I.P.

1 hour ago, FixedBusiness said:

Interesting, he died on the release date of a movie he's in, El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie

Regardless this is very sad. R.I.P.

Yeah, I watched it yesterday. I couldn't have told he was ill.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Actor Bill Macy dead at 97 on the Twittersphere.

Keep an eye on Hollywood Reporter.

He'd been in hospital recently because he was in a car crash (yes, he was still driving at 97). Could be unnatural death bonus points...

According to wikipedia he was on a show called Celebrity Bucket Kickers yesterday. Is this just some kind of wind up? 

55 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

According to wikipedia he was on a show called Celebrity Bucket Kickers yesterday. Is this just some kind of wind up? 

No of course it is totally genuine.

He was competing with Kirk Douglas and Vera Lynn on yesterday's episode but he was the only one to manage to actually kick the bucket. The other two had a few swings at it but couldn't get the leverage from their wheelchairs to get a good contact.

They also showed a special repeat show from September 17th where Leah Bracknell surprised everybody by beating Jacques Chirac and Ginger Baker after a slow motion action replay because in real time it looked like both Chirac and Baker had kicked the bucket before her.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

On 05/08/2019 at 23:50, msc said:

A 2 for 1 of sorts.

Robert Evans, famed Hollywood producer (Chinatown, Marathon Man), studio exec and coke smuggler, 'retired' by Paramount after 52 years and "in frail health".

Apparently promised a job for life by Forum Fave Sumner Redstone, whose health is now so poor these sorts of rulings can be ignored...

Coulda been a hot tip but didn't have the staying power! Oh well.

American actress Bernadette Withers who was not a big name Hollywood star has died aged 73. She is the niece of still alive Derby Deadpool pick actress Jane Withers.

• Like 1

Rewatching The X-Files and the conspiracy group have shown up. I used to think the guy in charge was played by Jay Leno.

11670417.jpg?size=sw620x65

25 years later, I don't, obviously. But anyhow, that is Don S Williams who was antagonist in three series of The X-Files, so I went to his Wiki to see what became of him and it looked very vandalised.

But then a glance at the history said that page had been edited a few times this year, yet the uncited death claim had been kept. So I went digging and found this:

Sad to get the word through Gord Lansdell’s Northwest Broadcasters that CBC Vancouver producer/director Don S. Williams (above) died October 28 at age 80, ending a 25-year struggle with Parkinson’s Disease.

His work included writing, directing and executive producing The Beachcombers TV series.  He was involved in the Dr. Bundolo comedy series and in a host of other productions for both CBC and outside producers.

In 1991, he turned to television acting and guest-starring engagements in a number of Vancouver-shot programs leading to a recurring role as The First Elder in The X-Files, the role for which he would be best known.

So yeah, Random Uncited Wiki Guy is right.

Of the Syndicate, only 4 are still alive btw:

Nicholas Lea (Krychek) b 1962

Jerry Hardin (Deep Throat) b. 1929

William B Davis (Cigarette Smoking Man, of course) b. 1938

All of whom will will piss obits in their sleep.

And also: Armin Mueller-Stahl (b. 1930) who was Strughold the Big Boss in the film, and who has been in everything from The West Wing to Shine (for which he was Oscar nominated, so another QO cert).

Peter Donat, George Murdock, Walter Gotell and the great John Neville are all long gone now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, msc said:

Rewatching The X-Files and the conspiracy group have shown up. I used to think the guy in charge was played by Jay Leno.

11670417.jpg?size=sw620x65

25 years later, I don't, obviously. But anyhow, that is Don S Williams who was antagonist in three series of The X-Files, so I went to his Wiki to see what became of him and it looked very vandalised.

But then a glance at the history said that page had been edited a few times this year, yet the uncited death claim had been kept. So I went digging and found this:

So yeah, Random Uncited Wiki Guy is right.

Of the Syndicate, only 4 are still alive btw:

Nicholas Lea (Krychek) b 1962

Jerry Hardin (Deep Throat) b. 1929

William B Davis (Cigarette Smoking Man, of course) b. 1938

All of whom will will piss obits in their sleep.

And also: Armin Mueller-Stahl (b. 1930) who was Strughold the Big Boss in the film, and who has been in everything from The West Wing to Shine (for which he was Oscar nominated, so another QO cert).

Peter Donat, George Murdock, Walter Gotell and the great John Neville are all long gone now.

I was surprised to see that Mulder is 60 next year. 

5 minutes ago, TomTomTelekom said:

Rumours that actor Johnny Depp has only few weeks to live:

https://www.gossipcop.com/johnny-depp-dead-christmas-health/

Maybe someone to take an eye on.....would be a big loss anyway.

“Sees that the scale is at the very end of the fiction scale.”

Yep, looks legit.