Guest IYG

Hollywood Possibilities

4 hours ago, ajlposh said:

Danny Aiello has died

Great actor. I think his meatiest role I'm familiar with was in Do The Right Thing. He was great in that. RIP and see you soon :hatsoff:

• Like 1

On 06/12/2019 at 11:27, Ulitzer95 said:

Looking forward to the annual TCM tribute, which should be due between 14th-17th December.

Some dead certs for inclusion this year:

Carol Channing, Julie Adams, Albert Finney, Jan-Michael Vincent, Morgan Woodward, Luke Perry, Shane Rimmer, Fay McKenzie, John Singleton, Peter Mayhew, Machiko Kyo, Doris Day, Tim Conway, Peggy Stewart, Sylvia Miles, Franco Zeffirelli, Rip Torn, Peter Fonda, Valerie Harper, John Witherspoon 

TCM Remembers 2019 is up. No Shane Rimmer and Nancy Gates. They got just about everyone else though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Recent Netflix thing The Movies that Made Us has an interview with John McTiernan AKA the director of Predator, Die Hard, Last Action Hero, lots of great blockbusters.

There's a man not aging gracefully...

mctiernan 2019.png

• Like 1

Sue Lyon, the star of the Stanley Kubrick film Lolita is dead at 73

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Syd Mead, the legendary set designer of Blade Runner, Aliens and Tron, has died at 86:

https://ca.ign.com/articles/2019/12/30/syd-mead-artist-behind-blade-runner-dies-tron-aliens-star-trek

(I'm sad... on the other hand... I thought he was dead already..)

Hi, sad other the other I thought he was dead al already. I'm the Mad Hatter.

• Haha 1

Two acclaimed Hollywood veterans celebrate their birthdays today. Robert Duvall turns 88 and Diane Keaton turns 74. Many happy returns to them both.

:birthday:

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

Pam Grier denies cancer rumors

Perhaps her cervical cancer was not stage 4 when it was first diagnosed in 1988? Either this, or her surgeon managed to cut out all her secondary tumours. I really can't see how someone can survive stage 4 cancer for 32 years.

Grier is definitely one to watch I say. Maybe not very soon, but within the next couple of years...

2 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Pam Grier denies cancer rumors

She's a "sexual assault survivor"?  Aren't we all, dear. :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, RolandDeschain said:

Sad news. I remember her from Mr Hobbs Takes a Vacation. 

4 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Similarly (see other threads) I came to post Byrne's obit, and again the search box failed.  Oh well.... gonna be some duplication.  At least I knew to look, newer people won't.
SC

14 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Similarly (see other threads) I came to post Byrne's obit, and again the search box failed.  Oh well.... gonna be some duplication.  At least I knew to look, newer people won't.
SC

There's nowt wrong with the search function. You must have searched for 'Byrne' instead of 'Byrnes'. I searched for 'Byrne*' and got the three posts plus your post.

On 06/11/2019 at 22:36, alt obits guy said:

Christopher Dennis, the man known as the Hollywood Superman for his frequent impersonations of the Man of Steel, has died.  He was 52.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/hollywood-superman-christopher-dennis-dies-at-52-1252903

Turns out he died after crawling into a clothing recycling bin while fucked off his tits on meth.