Guest IYG

Hollywood Possibilities

14 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

This is even better ! https://soaps.sheknows.com/soaps/news/577376/kevin-dobson-knots-landing-days-of-our-lives-dead/

And so the last surviving member of the main cast of Kojak is gone.R.I.P Crocker !

I don't think thats quite right.

According to IMDB all of the main cast are now dead APART from Mark Russell who played Detective Saperstein in 107 of the 117 episodes.

Telly Savalas, Dan Frazer and now Kevin Dobson starred in all the episodes whilst George Savalas (Telly's brother)  was in 114 episodes.  Vince Conti (died in 2018) was in 92 episodes. 

After these no other actor was in more then 12 episodes so I would say Mark Russell was one of the main cast even though he wasn't in every one of them.  He was born in 1933 in Glasgow according to IMDB and his last role was in 1985 so no idea how he's doing now...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RolandDeschain said:

I don't think thats quite right.

According to IMDB all of the main cast are now dead APART from Mark Russell who played Detective Saperstein in 107 of the 117 episodes.

Telly Savalas, Dan Frazer and now Kevin Dobson starred in all the episodes whilst George Savalas (Telly's brother)  was in 114 episodes.  Vince Conti (died in 2018) was in 92 episodes. 

After these no other actor was in more then 12 episodes so I would say Mark Russell was one of the main cast even though he wasn't in every one of them.  He was born in 1933 in Glasgow according to IMDB and his last role was in 1985 so no idea how he's doing now...

You are correct. Kevin Dobson was the penultimate living main cast member to die  . Long live Detective Saperstein ! 

On 10/05/2020 at 05:47, Perhaps said:

James Caan seems to have deleted this tweet now, so perhaps the wheelchair is no longer as temporary as he initially thought?

James Caan healthy enough to clear Angry Birds levels with ease:

• Haha 1

Designer & artist Ron Cobb, whose credits include Alien & Back to the Future, has died on his 83rd birthday. Not a DDP pick :angry:

• Like 1

Character actor Thomas Jefferson Byrd, an "oh that guy" face from numerous Spike Lee films, was murdered last night. He was Tony-nominated for his role in a revival of Ma Rainey's Black Bottom.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 2

On 05/04/2018 at 16:59, drol said:

Directors Roger Corman and Lester James Peries turn respectively 92 and 99 years old today! :birthday:

Close but no cigar.

Gene Corman (wiki), film producer and brother of Roger, dead at 93.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

Re-watched Magnum Force this week. Notably enough, Clint Eastwood (1930), Hal Holbrook (1925) and Mitchell Ryan (1928) are all alive in their 90s. Who will go first? The most likely answer is David Soul!

3 hours ago, drol said:

Re-watched Magnum Force this week. Notably enough, Clint Eastwood (1930), Hal Holbrook (1925) and Mitchell Ryan (1928) are all alive in their 90s. Who will go first? The most likely answer is David Soul!

Every year we get to my annual October rewatch of The Fog and I remain surprised Hal Holbrook is still with us.

15 hours ago, drol said:

I watched that a couple of weeks ago.I was meaning to watch all the Dirty Harry films in chronological order but didn't get past Magnum Force. Must watch the next one soon ! 

9 hours ago, markb4 said:

I know it's been posted elsewhere, but I felt Rhonda Fleming's death deserved a mention in this thread too.

https://deadline.com/2020/10/rhonda-fleming-dies-film-tv-star-hollywood-golden-era-was-97-obituary-1234599156/

She died of aspiration pneumonia, which was also the CoD of Lee Teng-hui and Stan Lee and almost killed Dilip Kumar twice. People who suffer from it are usually very frail. I guess The Queen of Technicolor spent her last years bedridden and in failing health.

• Like 1

William Blinn, who created Starsky & Hutch, wrote the Prince movie Purple Rain and had involvement in a cross-section of successful productions, including Eight is Enough, Roots, Fame and Brian's Song, has died. He was 83.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/william-blinn-screenwriter-on-purple-rain-brians-song-and-roots-dies-at-83?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

• Like 2

She was in titanic too:

Lew Palter and Elsa Raven as Isidor and Ida Straus~Historical Characters.  This scene makes me bawl like a baby. C… | Weird facts, Titanic movie  facts, Titanic movie

Apparently Lew Palter, who played the husband, is still alive and 92 years old.

• Like 3

While filming Ghost of Frankenstein, she would play hide & go seek with Bela Lugosi and Lon Chaney, Jr.  Chaney wanted to adopt her. She died of leukemia on Friday the 13th.  And most importantly, she was a guest on my podcast Gilbert Gottfried's Amazing Colossal Podcast. 
RIP Janet Ann Gallow.
Image may contain: 2 people, people standing, shoes and child