Guest IYG

Hollywood Possibilities

We've had this chat before, right but...

Kim Novak is due to turn 88 in February, obitable, low profile by choice and a survivor of a serious cancer battle ten years back. 

Kim_Novak,_1962.jpg

Obviously, this is not a recent photo

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

low profile by choice .........................

......................Obviously, this is not a recent photo

How can we be sure of that? :D

On 20/07/2018 at 22:03, gcreptile said:

Stacy Title is an Oscar nominated director and writer. Her ALS diagnosis only makes the news because she's the wife of a Survivor contester:

https://survivingtribal.com/2018/06/27/survivor-jonathan-penner-stacy-title-als/

Stacy Title  “can no longer walk, talk, swallow, or breathe without a machine,”;

https://heavy.com/entertainment/survivor/jonathan-penner-wife-stacy-als-gala/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toast said:

How can we be sure of that? :D

Depends on whether you trust the Wiki page - recent photos show evidence of fat filling in her face and she opted to live on a ranch, do art and breed horses rather than make more movies

33 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Stacy Title  “can no longer walk, talk, swallow, or breathe without a machine,”;

https://heavy.com/entertainment/survivor/jonathan-penner-wife-stacy-als-gala/

I'm never quite sure what kills the ALS's though - once they are on their breathing machine then they can breathe right? A lot of them still seem to last a while from that but what to watch out for seems to be when their bodies start wasting away - if that video is current then that doesn't seem to be happening yet?

19 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

I'm never quite sure what kills the ALS's though - once they are on their breathing machine then they can breathe right? A lot of them still seem to last a while from that but what to watch out for seems to be when their bodies start wasting away - if that video is current then that doesn't seem to be happening yet?

Yes, that's indeed the mystery. I try to look at the speed of progression. But with the slower cases, say, OJ Brigance, they might last in that state for many years.

Death notice for Kay Morley (wiki), aged 100, Hollywood actress of 40s and 50s.

Was listed in a deceased category on Wiki and no news from her in years, hence off our radars.

PDS026980-1_20201122.jpgx.jpeg.14b4a730b834a47aeb0b422c5faf9a64.jpeg

• Like 3

Philip Baker Hall is an american actor. He was born in 1931 and one of his most well known roles was secret honor (1984) and potrayed Richard Nixon. He has used portable oxygen earlier, don't know if he still uses that.

Edited by Death Impends
Thread merged into Hollywood Possibilities

Released that I accidentaly out this on Deadpool. Anyone that can short this to Deathlistforum:facepalm:

Damn, you know you're old when the nerdy guy from The Breakfast Club gets his own DeathList thread.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Putin said:

Deathlustforum

Is that a site for necrophiles?

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Putin said:

Released that I accidentaly out this on Deadpool. Anyone that can short this to Deathlistforum:facepalm:

Or alternatively just delete it entirely? We're getting a thread a day at the moment, many on people who barely deserve them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Model and Actress Pamela Tiffin, who also appeared in Italian comedies and the film One, Two, Three, died at 78 years:

https://www.repubblica.it/spettacoli/cinema/2020/12/04/news/e_morta_pamela_tiffin_accanto_a_tognazzi_e_mastroianni_nelle_commedie_anni_sessanta-277037150/

She also costarred with Burt Lancaster in the western film The Hallelujah Trail.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, adrian0719 said:

Tommy "Tiny" Lister found dead in California home.

:o Not Zeus

William Daniels, veteran film and TV actor, perhaps best known as the voice of KITT. 93 now, definitely worthy of consideration for next year 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Death Impends said:

So Peggy Mitchell did get snubbed in the end, cos at least two others who died after her were included. :lol:

To be fair to TCM, excellent job as per usual. It's really hard to include everyone. Though they did 81 names this year, 90 last year. I feel that they try to fit it around the chosen song a little too much? They should aim for 90–100.

I watched the video then went to this page on Wiki. It's easy to pick out a few notable omissions.

Here are the names I feel could have been included:

Anna Karina, Bond girls Claudine Auger and Margaret Nolan, composer Jerry Herman, Syd Mead, Edd Byrnes, Robert Conrad, Marge Redmond, Lynn Cohen, Michael Medwin, Boys in the Band screenwriter Mart Crowley, Terrence McNally, Hilary Dwyer, James Drury, Disney animator Ann Sullivan, Sam Lloyd, child actor Jon Whiteley (Oscar winner), Richard Herd, Mary Pat Gleason, screenwriter Lewis John Carlino (Oscar winner), Linda Cristal, Earl Cameron, Zizi Jeanmaire, Out of Africa screenwriter Kurt Luedtke (won an Oscar), The Pianist screenwriter Sir Ronald Harwood (Oscar winner), Maurice Roeves, Barbara Jefford, Helen Reddy, Frank Windsor, Conchata Ferrell, Gandhi costume designer Bhanu Athaiya (the first Indian person to win an Oscar!), Geoffrey Palmer, Warren Berlinger and Barbara Windsor

Of those, I think Zizi Jeanmaire is the biggest cock up.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

So Peggy Mitchell did get snubbed in the end, cos at least two others who died after her were included. :lol:

To be fair to TCM, excellent job as per usual. It's really hard to include everyone. Though they did 81 names this year, 90 last year. I feel that they try to fit it around the chosen song a little too much? They should aim for 90–100.

I watched the video then went to this page on Wiki. It's easy to pick out a few notable omissions.

Here are the names I feel could have been included:

Anna Karina, Bond girls Claudine Auger and Margaret Nolan, composer Jerry Herman, Syd Mead, Edd Byrnes, Robert Conrad, Marge Redmond, Lynn Cohen, Michael Medwin, Boys in the Band screenwriter Mart Crowley, Terrence McNally, Hilary Dwyer, James Drury, Disney animator Ann Sullivan, Sam Lloyd, child actor Jon Whiteley (Oscar winner), Richard Herd, Mary Pat Gleason, screenwriter Lewis John Carlino (Oscar winner), Linda Cristal, Earl Cameron, Zizi Jeanmaire, Out of Africa screenwriter Kurt Luedtke (won an Oscar), The Pianist screenwriter Sir Ronald Harwood (Oscar winner), Maurice Roeves, Barbara Jefford, Helen Reddy, Frank Windsor, Conchata Ferrell, Gandhi costume designer Bhanu Athaiya (the first Indian person to win an Oscar!), Geoffrey Palmer, Warren Berlinger and Barbara Windsor

Of those, I think Zizi Jeanmaire is the biggest cock up.

Bolded were the audible FFS misses, but no doubt there were more.

Mind you, my video last year was an hour long and I forgot Bruno Ganz, so glasshouses, stones, etc...

• Like 1

I kinda feel Regis Philbin should have been included since they included Alex Trebek.

On 13/12/2020 at 04:52, JR976evil said:

William Daniels, veteran film and TV actor, perhaps best known as the voice of KITT. 93 now, definitely worthy of consideration for next year 

I know this sounds wierd, but I never thought of the voice of KITT as being an actor, I kinda thought it was the car really talking for some reason. :lol: 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, markb4 said:

I kinda feel Regis Philbin should have been included since they included Alex Trebek.

Hmm Philbin didn't have a career in film though according to this. Just appeared as himself in cameos, which doesn't count.

Alex Trebek was included because he hosted TCM ceremonies over many years.

• Like 1