Guest IYG

Hollywood Possibilities

7 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

I know this sounds wierd, but I never thought of the voice of KITT as being an actor, I kinda thought it was the car really talking for some reason. :lol: 

I know him best as John Adams in 1776 and Disney fans of the 90s will know him best as Mr. Feeny from Boy Meets World.

4 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Hmm Philbin didn't have a career in film though according to this. Just appeared as himself in cameos, which doesn't count.

Alex Trebek was included because he hosted TCM ceremonies over many years.

That makes sense then.

9 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

I know this sounds wierd, but I never thought of the voice of KITT as being an actor, I kinda thought it was the car really talking for some reason. :lol: 

Schizophrenia is no laughing matter :shock:

21 hours ago, JR976evil said:

Schizophrenia is no laughing matter :shock:

For which of the personalities?

6 hours ago, Kenny said:

For which of the personalities?

Likely the one who isn’t suffering from disassociative identity disorder 

TCM have very kindly updated their annual tribute.

They've added Barbara Windsor, Jeremy Bulloch and production designer Peter Lamont, and they haven't scrubbed anyone out.

Got to give them their credit, they're bloody dedicated. I wish there was a body who did this annually for musicians. :( Sadly MTV has long lost its way. Focus is on reality programmes like "16 and Pregnant" and "Date My Mom" rather than actual music nowadays.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

TCM have very kindly updated their annual tribute.

They've added Barbara Windsor, Jeremy Bulloch and production designer Peter Lamont, and they haven't scrubbed anyone out.

Got to give them their credit, they're bloody dedicated. I wish there was a body who did this annually for musicians. :( Sadly MTV has long lost its way. Focus is on reality programmes like "16 and Pregnant" and "Date My Mom" rather than actual music nowadays.

• Like 2

Wrong thread **

moved

On 16/11/2020 at 01:19, Sir Creep said:
While filming Ghost of Frankenstein, she would play hide & go seek with Bela Lugosi and Lon Chaney, Jr.  Chaney wanted to adopt her. She died of leukemia on Friday the 13th.  And most importantly, she was a guest on my podcast Gilbert Gottfried's Amazing Colossal Podcast. 
RIP Janet Ann Gallow.

Bizarrely got a last minute QO via The Telegraph.

NY Times reporting the death of director Joan Micklin Silver (wiki). 

Hester Street (1975) among her work, which saw an Oscar nomination for actress Carol Kane.

• Like 1

Tweet reporting the death of supporting actor George Gerdes (IMDb) aged 72.

His film credits include Rumor Has It and The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.

TV credits include Grey’s Anatomy and NCIS.

9 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Mike Fenton, a long-time Hollywood casting director who worked on such classic films as One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, E.T. and Back to the Future, has died. He was 85.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/mike-fenton-dead-85-casting-et-godfather-american-graffiti-1234877635/

If he directed One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest then he was a genius. R.I.P 

11 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

NY Times reporting the death of director Joan Micklin Silver (wiki). 

Hester Street (1975) among her work, which saw an Oscar nomination for actress Carol Kane.

Also directed another great film " Chilly Scenes of Winter" which  kickstarted John Heard's career

Report here of the death of actor Gary Howard Klar (wiki), aged 73.

Best known for his role of Private Steel in Day of the Dead. Also had notable roles in Hackers, Big, and Married To The Mob.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Report here of the death of actor Gary Howard Klar (wiki), aged 73.

Best known for his role of Private Steel in Day of the Dead. Also had notable roles in Hackers, Big, and Married To The Mob.

He had 12 siblings all of which, like Klar, were adopted. :o

• Like 1

On 02/01/2021 at 08:23, Ulitzer95 said:

A Metro obit here, also mentions his two early 70s albums, the aptly titled Obituary and Son of Obituary.

• Haha 1

On 02/01/2021 at 03:23, Ulitzer95 said:

It's been a lousy couple of weeks for Michael McKean. David Lander (co-star on Laverne & Shirley, comedy partner predating the show) dies and now George Gerdes, whom he referred to as a 'dear old friend', has also passed away.

On 02/01/2021 at 09:23, Ulitzer95 said:

For an X-Files buff like me, he was reverend Calvin Hartley in Miracle Man. The Evil Sheriff was played by R. D. Call, who died last year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, drol said:

For an X-Files buff like me, he was reverend Calvin Hartley in Miracle Man. The Evil Sheriff was played by R. D. Call, who died last year.

Although I did have to imdb it to work out which role he actually played. (The preacher dad in one episode of Season 1 as you note.)

The obit said X-Files in the headline and never bothered to say who!

2 minutes ago, TomTomTelekom said:

American actress and singer Marion Ramsey, who played a recurring role on the series Cos and played the role of Laverne Hooks in the Police Academy films, died at 73 years:

https://deadline.com/2021/01/marion-ramsey-dead-obituary-police-academy-actress-was-73-1234666700/

A 'hit' for me on my Blueberry Crumble  Derby Dead pool team assuming a qualifying obituary emerges.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

A 'hit' for me on my Blueberry Crumble  Derby Dead pool team assuming a qualifying obituary emerges.

Appears to have a copy/paste on UK Yahoo already, yer safe - with better obits no doubt to follow.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, msc said:

Appears to have a copy/paste on UK Yahoo already, yer safe - with better obits no doubt to follow.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/13682441/marion-ramsey-dead-73-police-academy-star/

Thank you! Just found  another  obituary too.

It doesn't matter at all but can you recall  if my pick of Marion Ramsey was unique? I'm not asking you to go to the trouble of looking it up or anything but just wondering if you can recall if it was a unique pick? If you can't remember  I will just have to wait like everyone else  no problem. :)

1 minute ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/13682441/marion-ramsey-dead-73-police-academy-star/

Thank you! Just found  another  obituary too.

It doesn't matter at all but can you recall  if my pick of Marion Ramsey was unique? I'm not asking you to go to the trouble of looking it up or anything but just wondering if you can recall if it was a unique pick? If you can't remember  I will just have to wait like everyone else  no problem. :)

I'm more curious to know... why did you pick her? Just a hunch or did you know something? I ask because the reporting on her death just says cause unknown though "ill for a few days".