Guest IYG

Hollywood Possibilities

9 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Jessica Campbell (IMDb), American actress who appeared in Election and Freaks and Geeks, died aged 38 in December.

Obituaries: The IndependentDaily ExpressDaily MailThe Sun

Shit. Rewatched Election (still one of the best American films of the 90s) a few months ago and wondered why her career never really took off.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Shit. Rewatched Election (still one of the best American films of the 90s) a few months ago and wondered why her career never really took off.

Can't speak to Election or the wonderful accolades, but allow me to say Freaks & Geeks remains one of the best shows ever on American TV, and if you haven't seen it, Spade, by all means search it out.  

2 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

Peter Mark Richman, a long-time character actor who appeared in TV series like Three's Company, Beverly Hills 90210 and Star Trek:  The Next Generation, among many others, has died. He was 93.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/peter-mark-richman-dead-beverly-hills-90210-1234885944/

It's Andrew Liard from Dynasty ! 

• Like 1

On 14/01/2021 at 16:52, CoffinLodger said:

It's Andrew Liard from Dynasty ! 

The Reverend Snow from Three's Company!  

• Like 1

Another one where I knew the face but not the name.

10 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Richard Lindheim, whose decades-long television industry career were highlighted with his co-creation of the 1985 CBS show the Equalizer, has died. He was 81.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/richard-lindheim-co-creator-of-cbs-the-equalizer-dies-at-81?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Death - the great Equalizer.  He probably died when he heard Queen Latifah was starring in the reboot.

• Haha 2

Scott Baio  the co-star of Ron Howard in  Andy Griffith show is a Q-Anon Trumper who might try to attack America at the capital tomorrow.  Possible death by failed Jihad

1 hour ago, WillyWonka422 said:

Scott Baio  the co-star of Ron Howard in  Andy Griffith show is a Q-Anon Trumper who might try to attack America at the capital tomorrow.  Possible death by failed Jihad

Scott Baio was in Happy Days, not the Andy Griffith show.

Gregory Sierra, who was a cast member on Sanford and Son as well as Barney Miller, has died. He was 83. Sierra's career began in the late 1960s, doing both movies and episodic television before his runs on the two 1970s stalwart comedy series. Afterwards, he worked steadily until the early 2000s.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/gregory-sierra-dead-barney-miller-sanford-son-actor-was-83-1215625?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

• Shocked 1

27 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

Gregory Sierra, who was a cast member on both Sanford and Son as well as Barney Miller, has died. He was 83. Sierra's career began in the late 1960s, doing both movies and episodic television before his runs on the two 1970s stalwart comedy series. Afterwards, he worked steadily until the early 200s.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/gregory-sierra-dead-barney-miller-sanford-son-actor-was-83-1215625?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Interestingly his last credited role is  "The Other Side of the Wind"  an Orson Welles film that began production in 1970 and wasn't officially released until 2018 when 90% of the people who worked on production had already passed away.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CaptainChorizo said:

Interestingly his last credited role is  "The Other Side of the Wind"  an Orson Welles film that began production in 1970 and wasn't officially released until 2018 when 90% of the people who worked on production had already passed away.

I remember the story. Seem to think there was a fire involved, but even if not it was a storied Welles' long-unfinished project.

22 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

I remember the story. Seem to think there was a fire involved, but even if not it was a storied Welles' long-unfinished project.

Embezzlement, money issues, deaths - the whole caboodle. There's a documentary about the tortured making of the film, and the actual film itself (finished as best as possible without Orson) on Netflix. It's an interesting idea - if you've ever seen Symbiopsychotaxiplasm (yes it's a real film and yes I had to google the bloody name) it's a similar sort of idea of a mockumentary crew following a "real life" acclaimed nutter director in action.

• Like 1

Actually I was just thinking its the style of film Werner Herzog would do pretty well and then I remembered the somewhat batshit Incident at Loch Ness, a deeply odd film I highly recommend. A documentary film crew follow Herzog's film crew as he researchs at Loch Ness for a film about the monster.

And then (film spoiler below)...

Spoiler

There's a genre shift in the last 30 mins as it suddenly becomes a horror film with Werner fucking Herzog as the Final Girl trope. For real.

Perry Botkin Jr., a prolific, Grammy-nominated television theme composer, arranger and producer, who was notably behind the theme songs of the Young and the Restless, Mork & Mindy and Happy Days, has died. He was 87. In 1970, Barry DeVorzon and he had a #8 U.S. hit with 'Nadia's Theme', the tune that still opens the Young and the Restless.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/perry-botkin-jr-grammy-winning-arranger-of-nadias-theme-dies-at-87?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EFRVoaMNmI

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

Bruce Kirby, a prolific Hollywood actor whose decades-long credits included the movies Stand By Me and Throw Momma From the Train and the television series Kojak and LA Law, has died. He was 95.

https://www.facebook.com/johnkirby1/posts/10225059267418531

Aww man, Columbo legend! DDP pick as well, as you can see from his description on site I was a bit surprised to find out he was still alive!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Bruce Kirby, a prolific Hollywood actor whose decades-long credits included the movies Stand By Me and Throw Momma From the Train and the television series Kojak and LA Law, has died. He was 95.

Darn, this is sad. Knew him best from his guest appearances on Barney Miller. He was also the father of the late actor, Bruno Kirby..

Didn't realize he was 95. A sad loss indeed.

Twitter reporting the death of Hollywood Golden era actress Marie Harmon (wiki), aged 97.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Hollywood Reporter obit. Quick pick up should guarantee a QO.

Article confirms that he was indeed 95. Wiki, IMDb etc all erroneously had 1928. This’ll need changed on the DDP (not that it affects the scoring).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Hollywood Reporter obit. Quick pick up should guarantee a QO.

Article confirms that he was indeed 95. Wiki, IMDb etc all erroneously had 1928. This’ll need changed on the DDP (not that it affects the scoring).

Yep, Yahoo gives the QO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tseng Chang, who was the Chinese grandpa in 2012 alongside Lisa Lu, is dead at 89.

I went to see the movie when it came out in.... 2009?! Seems yesterday to me! Anyway the movie sucked and the Chinese grandparents were one of the few entertaining features. Like

"The World will end in a matter of hours!"

"Well, now I kill this chicken for lunch, then we'll think about it" (he did not speak but that was the sense)

And they thought about it as they were among the few survivors if i remember correctly. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, drol said:

Tseng Chang, who was the Chinese grandpa in 2012 alongside Lisa Lu, is dead at 89.

I went to see the movie when it came out in.... 2009?! Seems yesterday to me! Anyway the movie sucked and the Chinese grandparents were one of the few entertaining features. Like

"The World will end in a matter of hours!"

"Well, now I kill this chicken for lunch, then we'll think about it" (he did not speak but that was the sense)

And they thought about it as they were among the few survivors if i remember correctly. 

I concur. Truly awful film. Apocalyptic disaster movies always do well at the box office so the hype around it was pretty big and so many were disappointed.

3 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I concur. Truly awful film. Apocalyptic disaster movies always do well at the box office so the hype around it was pretty big and so many were disappointed.

The trailers had a tsunami consuming the Himalayas which freaked out folk I knew even if it was bad CGI.

The film though. For those who haven't seen it, there's a bit when Yellowstone Park volcano errupts, but the main characters are able to outrun pyroclastic flow in a tiny little plane which only stops fueling as the park explodes. And one guy outruns the explosion to jump on the plane as it takes off!