Guest IYG

Hollywood Possibilities

3 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I concur. Truly awful film. Apocalyptic disaster movies always do well at the box office so the hype around it was pretty big and so many were disappointed.

If you haven't seen it allready you should watch Greenland.It's a bit more realistic than most disaster movies, at the start at least. And Gerard Butler gets to speak in his real Scottish accent for a change ! 

Another big one.

Actress and fashion model Cicely Tyson (wikidead at 96.

Also at one-time married to Miles Davis. Didn’t know this until now! 

Edit: A pick for 8 DDP teams. QO via Yahoo! UK

• Like 5
  • Shocked 4

24 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Another big one.

Actress and fashion model Cicely Tyson (wikidead at 96.

Also at one-time married to Miles Davis. Didn’t know this until now! 

Edit: A pick for 8 DDP teams. QO via Yahoo! UK

Massive loss. She was a groundbreaking actress.First really big black Holywood star I think.This should get rolling news coverage ! 

• Like 3

#4 for me

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Massive loss. She was a groundbreaking actress.First really big black Holywood star I think.This should get rolling news coverage ! 

Hattie McDaniel and Butterfly McQueen were there first in the 30s. Mainstream but not leading ladies.

Then the likes of Eartha Kitt, Sidney Poitier, Ruby Dee and Lena Horne broke the mould in leading roles in the 40s–60s.

Tyson never actually had a lead role in a Hollywood blockbuster until the early 70s.

8 minutes ago, Lewd_Squirrel said:

#4 for me

You do realise that nobody cares/is impressed when you declare your hits due to the fact your "list" is 300 names long?

RIP to her, I only know her for being Annalise's mum in HTGAWM but undoubtedly a great actress.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

:clivedunn:

Indeed (though I did look her up and nothing appeared - or perhaps I didn't look close enough).

1 hour ago, Perhaps said:

You do realise that nobody cares/is impressed when you declare your hits due to the fact your "list" is 300 names long?

RIP to her, I only know her for being Annalise's mum in HTGAWM but undoubtedly a great actress.

You do realize that I don't care about your opinion, and that I have more hits than the actual list does.

Cicely Tyson and Cloris Leachman were some of the youngest-looking nonagenarians around, at least until some time ago. I was convinced Tyson would make it to 100 easily.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, drol said:

Cicely Tyson and Cloris Leachman were some of the youngest-looking nonagenarians around, at least until some time ago. I was convinced Tyson would make it to 100 easily.

Oh-oh-oh, watch out, Eva Marie Saint...

5 hours ago, drol said:

That probably means  the living skeleton known as Bob Dole will live to be 110 ...:facepalm:

PS please excuse my obsession with Bob Dole.I don't have a doll in his image  that I stick pins in or anything though.Honest...:mellow: If I did I could call it Bob Doll ! But I don't so I haven't...:unsure:

Jamie Tarses, a former president of ABC Entertainment (American ABC, not Australian one), has died. She was 56. She led the division from 1996 to 1999, the first woman ever to do run a broadcast division network in the U.S.  She would later join NBC and exercise influence there, too.

https://www.thewrap.com/jamie-tarses-obituary-abc-entertainment-president/

• Like 1

At age 101, I think she should have her own thread by now.

She had tiny roles in "Gone with the Wind" and "The Wizard of Oz".

@Paul Bearer please tell me this doesn't already exist...

Edited by Death Impends
Thread for Caren Marsh Doll merged into Hollywood thread. More of a film history curiosity than a major threadworthy name.

9 hours ago, Dying Probably said:

At age 101, I think she should have her own thread by now.

She had tiny roles in "Gone with the Wind" and "The Wizard of Oz".

@Paul Bearer please tell me this doesn't already exist...

You thought wrong.  Christ.....I agreed with Paul Bearer.

Geoffrey Scott, versatile type back in the day.

• Like 2

Dick Sheppard (wiki) dead at 90. Stuntman in over 500(!) films including the James Bond series and The Italian Job (1969).

Also held an incredible 18 Guinness World Records. Managed to get featured in their published editions every year from 1969 to 1996.

The Sun obit.
Mirror obit.

p1060910--small-.jpg.de1c0f75337ce9b05633133b64190566.jpg

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Dick Sheppard (wiki) dead at 90. Stuntman in over 500(!) films including the James Bond series and The Italian Job (1969).

Also held an incredible 18 Guinness World Records. Managed to get featured in their published editions every year from 1969 to 1996.

The Sun obit.
Mirror obit.

p1060910--small-.jpg.de1c0f75337ce9b05633133b64190566.jpg

This should also be posted in the "How Long Until We're Dickless?" thread as well lol.