Guest IYG

Hollywood Possibilities

Canadian actress Yvette Thout dies at 103.  R.I.P  (1918 - 2021)

image-w856.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Golden Age of Hollywood star and Oscar nominee Cara Williams (wikidead at 96.

Also once married to actor John Drew Barrymore (1932–2004), and mother to John Barrymore III (who in turn is Drew Barrymore's half-brother).

Mentioned on here in Ideas and Possibilities threads as far back as 2011, and played in several pools.

Dying just in time to be featured in TCM Remembers 2021, but surprisingly not picked in the DDP (last time was in 2019!). That may prove to be a fatal blow in us breaking that record for # of hits.

williams-cara-image.jpg.bbfaf0e85cc608ecac795d8c2e78373c.jpg

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

@Gisooo, resize your images to anything from 100 x 100 to 300 x 300 (max).

It's a total pain for users if they're using a desktop version of DeathList to have to bypass huge images.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Golden Age of Hollywood star and Oscar nominee Cara Williams (wikidead at 96.

Also once married to actor John Drew Barrymore (1932–2004), and mother to John Barrymore III (who in turn is Drew Barrymore's half-brother).

Mentioned on here in Ideas and Possibilities threads as far back as 2011, and played in several pools.

Dying just in time to be featured in TCM Remembers 2021, but surprisingly not picked in the DDP (last time was in 2019!). That may prove to be a fatal blow in us breaking that record for # of hits.

williams-cara-image.jpg.bbfaf0e85cc608ecac795d8c2e78373c.jpg

Cara Williams was the 3rd oldest living Oscar-nominated actor.

With her passing the top 10 looks like this:

1. Glynis Johns - born 05/10/1923 - 98

2. Eva Marie Saint - born 04/07/1924 - 97

3. Angela Lansbury - born 16/10/1925 - 96

4. Sidney Poitier - born 20/02/1927 - 94

5. Harry Belafonte - born 01/03/1927 - 94 (not a nominee but the winner of an honorary Oscar)

6. Rosemary Harris - born 19/09/1927 - 94

7. Lee Grant - born 31/10/1927 - 94

8. Estelle Parsons - born 20/11/1927 - 94

9. Nancy Olson - born 14/07/1928 - 93

10. Ann Blyth - born 16/08/1928 - 93

Cara Williams' passing means there are only two nominees now alive from 1958 - Sidney Poitier and Shirley Maclaine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Obit for James Devis (IMDb), British cinematographer, aged 90.

Credits include The Little Shop of Horrors (1986), Moonraker, Superman (1978), Dune (1984), Supermario Bros., Highlander: Endgame, Interview with the Vampire, Empire of the Sun, Octopussy, Return to Oz, For Your Eyes Only, The Shining, The New Avengers, The Wicker Man (1973), The Vikings, Reach For the Sky, and 4 Carry On films... phew! What a great career!

• Like 5

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dead Wait said:

Hollywood? Seriously……?!

What? 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

2 hours ago, Gisooo said:

What? 

Do you understand what Hollywood is?

Jethro and that Japanese voice actor you mentioned are not Hollywood.

14 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Do you understand what Hollywood is?

Jethro and that Japanese voice actor you mentioned are not Hollywood.

Of course it will not be discussed but I thought that all the artists who passed away could be posted here in this forum. I am sorry @Ulitzer95and others.

• Like 1

Yanami > voice actors thread 

Jethro > comedians thread 

Familiarise yourself with the threads, and use the search function if need be. :)

• Like 1

Looking forward to TCM Remembers this year. Lots of names to choose from so I imagine they'll have to be somewhat selective to get it down to about 80 names.

It should be along very soon (earliest it was ever released was the 14th December, latest was the 22nd).

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Looking forward to TCM Remembers this year. Lots of names to choose from so I imagine they'll have to be somewhat selective to get it down to about 80 names.

It should be along very soon (earliest it was ever released was the 14th December, latest was the 22nd).

Who I wonder will get the final spots as the biggest deaths of the year? 

3 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Arlene Dahl?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

There aren't "final spots". They throw the biggest ones both near the start and the end e.g. the other year, Kirk Douglas came near the start BUT the biggest one comes at the very end. I imagine that will be Christopher Plummer.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

There aren't "final spots". They throw the biggest ones both near the start and the end e.g. the other year, Kirk Douglas came near the start BUT the biggest one comes at the very end. I imagine that will be Christopher Plummer.

Oh yeah, forgot he died this year.

• Like 1

Kenneth Dazinger  - American theatre actor, know for playing minor roles in numerous films (Jumpin' Jack Flash, The Holiday, Warlock, Eragon, Shrek, Garfield: A Tail of two kitties) has died. (IMDb

• Like 1

On 11/09/2021 at 14:17, Ulitzer95 said:

Need some help with one name who appeared in this issue. The date of death given was 4th November 2016 and the name is Jeanette Miller. Is this THE Jeanette Miller (b. 1932, wikiIMDb) who appeared as Aunt Edie in The Middle, as well as Norbit, Legion, The Truman Show etc. and was active until 2015? It would appear so but I need some kind of linking evidence to get Wiki/IMDb updated appropriately.

@Ulitzer95 I think, this is Jeanette Miller (actress born 1932), there are no famous person or actor with that name and surname except her. According to IMDb her last role was in 2013, and her death happened in 2016, it looks normal. I am sure 99% that she died out off radar. Sad because she was active. What do you think? 

10 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

@Ulitzer95 I think, this is Jeanette Miller (actress born 1932), there are no famous person or actor with that name and surname except her. According to IMDb her last role was in 2013, and her death happened in 2016, it looks normal. I am sure 99% that she died out off radar. Sad because she was active. What do you think? 

"It would appear so but I need some kind of linking evidence to get Wiki/IMDb updated appropriately."