Guest IYG

Hollywood Possibilities

12 hours ago, markb4 said:

Producer and Director, Ivan Reitman (Ghostbusters, Ghostbusters II, Animal House), has passed away in his sleep at age 75.

https://apnews.com/article/ivan-reitman-dead-d67947aa895371cd9f5840e6e9339440?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=AP&utm_source=Twitter

Cause of death has been given as "something strange in his neighborhood",

• Haha 3

Ann-Margaret looking good at 80.

Seen here with Annie Marie Lewis and Danny B. Harvey.

Screenshot_20220216-165528.png

• Like 4

He's not dead or anything, but John Goodman in February 2022 genuinely looks nothing like how I remember him. Apparently he's lost 200 pounds since going teetotal. 

john goodman feb 2022.png

• Shocked 3

Pictures of James Caan from an event held in LA Tuesday celebrating the 50th anniversary of Godfather:

image.thumb.png.31658d6fd46aa306e4fea6a3d2e2c694.pngimage.thumb.png.3e6743d092a5f7c10fca97e300878bb3.png

1111.jpg

• Like 2

Sean Penn is currently in Ukraine because he's filming a documentary about the Russian invasion. It wasn't supposed to be about the current one, but about the conflicts that already existed:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2022/feb/24/sean-penn-ukraine-documentary-russian-invasion

A list I feel is long overdue for this thread...

Those with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame turning 90+ this year.
(since I compiled it several hours ago, the death of Joni James has been announced)

Marsha Hunt b. 17 Oct 1917
Ray Anthony b. 20 Jan 1922
Ruth Ashton Taylor b. 20 Apr 1922
Norman Lear b. 27 Jul 1922
Janis Paige b. 16 Sep 1922
Bob Barker b. 12 Dec 1923
Billy Watson b. 25 Dec 1923 (as part of The Watson Family)
Jane Morgan b. 3 May 1924
Eva Marie Saint b. 4 Jul 1924
June Lockhart b. 24 Jun 1925
Art Laboe b. 7 Aug 1925
Dame Angela Lansbury b. 16 Oct 1925
Dick Van Dyke b. 13 Dec 1925
Roger Corman b. 5 Apr 1926
Mel Brooks b. 28 Jun 1926
Norman Jewison b. 21 Jul 1926
Tony Bennett b. 3 Aug 1926
Arthur Cohn b. 4 Feb 1927
Harry Belafonte b. 1 Mar 1927
Gina Lollobrigida b. 4 Jul 1927
Vin Scully b. 29 Nov 1927
Jeannie Carson b. 23 May 1928
Richard M. Sherman b. 12 Jun 1928 (as part of Richard & Robert Sherman)
Ann Blyth b. 16 Aug 1928
Earl Holliman b. 11 Sep 1928
Garry Watson b. 27 Sep 1928 (as part of The Watson Family)
Marion Ross b. 25 Oct 1928
Terry Moore b. 7 Jan 1929
Sid Krofft b. 30 Jul 1929 (as part of Sid & Marty Krofft)
Don Murray b. 31 Jul 1929
Vera Miles b. 23 Aug 1929
Bob Newhart b. 5 Sep 1929
Barbara Walters b. 25 Sep 1929
Berry Gordy b. 28 Nov 1929

Tippi Hedren b. 19 Jan 1930
Buzz Aldrin b. 20 Jan 1930
Robert Wagner b. 10 Feb 1930
Peggy King b. 16 Feb 1930
Joanne Woodward b. 27 Feb 1930
Joni James b. 22 Sep 1930
Robert Duvall b. 5 Jan 1931
Mamie Van Doren b. 6 Feb 1931
Clarence Avant b. 25 Feb 1931
William Shatner b. 22 Mar 1931
Milt Larsen b. 9 Apr 1931
Carroll Baker b. 28 May 1931
Irwin Winkler b. 28 May 1931
Marla Gibbs b. 14 Jun 1931
Leslie Caron b. 1 Jul 1931
Barbara Eden b. 23 Aug 1931
Mitzi Gaynor b. 4 Sep 1931
Barbara Bain b. 13 Sep 1931
Angie Dickinson b. 30 Sep 1931
Rita Moreno b. 11 Dec 1931
Dabney Coleman b. 3 Jan 1932
Clive Davis b. 4 Apr 1932
Joel Grey b. 11 Apr 1932
Loretta Lynn b. 14 Apr 1932
Lalo Schifrin b. 21 Jun 1932
Carol Lawrence b. 5 Sep 1932
Abbe Lane b. 14 Dec 1932
Nichelle Nichols b. 28 Dec 1932
George Schlatter b. 31 Dec 1932

63 (out of 2713 stars in total)
Update: 49/2713 from the list above as at 14/8/23

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

A list I feel is long overdue for this thread...

Those with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame turning 90+ this year.

---snip

62 following the death of Joni James (out of 2713 stars in total)

Well done sir. Predictions on who will be the last standing? Maybe even who will be the next to go? Interesting poll idea. 

Could separate it into men v. women as well since likely women will last much longer. 

14 minutes ago, MortalCaso said:

Well done sir. Predictions on who will be the last standing? Maybe even who will be the next to go? Interesting poll idea. 

Of the above names, you'd think Bob Barker given how frail he's been for bloody ages?

Before researching this list, I didn't realise how difficult (and expensive!) it is to get a star on the Walk of Fame. Someone has to nominate you with all the appropriate paper work and the permission in writing from the nominee. The nominee then needs to pay $50,000 to the Walk for their star AND attend the ceremony in order for it to be installed (in the past, some ppl like Al Pacino, George Clooney and Bruce Springsteen agreed to get their stars, but never booked a ceremony, or in the case of Springsteen... never showed up!!). There's also only one posthumous honoree each year now (this year it's been granted to Carrie Fisher). 

Unbelievably (in addition to Pacino, Clooney and Springsteen), Brad Pitt, Will Smith, Julia Roberts, George Lucas, Angelina Jolie, Leonardo DiCaprio, Prince etc etc do not have stars. One notable nonagenarian omission is Clint Eastwood! Definitely long overdue, but maybe just doesn't want one.

Seems to me the whole process has become too complicated and has basically turned into a money raising exercise for Hollywood.

(the next star to be installed btw, will be Benedict Cumberbatch, in 2 days time, making him the 2714th recipient)

• Like 2

Any thoughts on a Shelley Duvall (1949) thread? The actress from the Shining, she's had a history of mental health issues. Seems unlikely she'll live to an advanced age.

33 minutes ago, dimreaper said:

Any thoughts on a Shelley Duvall (1949) thread? The actress from the Shining, she's had a history of mental health issues. Seems unlikely she'll live to an advanced age.

Exactly right. I logged on just this morning thinking, "You know what this site needs...more threads!!"

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, MortalCaso said:

Exactly right. I logged on just this morning thinking, "You know what this site needs...more threads!!"

At least i'm asking. Most don't. 

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Of the above names, you'd think Bob Barker given how frail he's been for bloody ages?

No idea how he's still alive. Long history of health problems including cancers, atleast one stroke, blocked carotid artery and of course falls. He had three falls between 2015 and 2019, hospitalised for around four months after the last one and seems to have been in a wheelchair since.

However I'm not sure, I don't think he's been seen since the last "rare public appearance" in October 2019:

19277870-7536059-image-m-49_1570150933497.thumb.jpg.f73f2861dbab261a34954fbf0e95f794.jpg

However he did comment on The Price is Right's 50th anniversary in August 2021.

Tony Bennett, Harry Belafonte, Joanne Woodward, Barbara Walters and Nichelle Nichols are also good candidates for the next death from that list. 

• Like 1

On 26/02/2022 at 04:23, Ulitzer95 said:

Before researching this list, I didn't realise how difficult (and expensive!) it is to get a star on the Walk of Fame. Someone has to nominate you with all the appropriate paper work and the permission in writing from the nominee. The nominee then needs to pay $50,000 to the Walk for their star AND attend the ceremony in order for it to be installed (in the past, some ppl like Al Pacino, George Clooney and Bruce Springsteen agreed to get their stars, but never booked a ceremony, or in the case of Springsteen... never showed up!!). There's also only one posthumous honoree each year now (this year it's been granted to Carrie Fisher). 

Unbelievably (in addition to Pacino, Clooney and Springsteen), Brad Pitt, Will Smith, Julia Roberts, George Lucas, Angelina Jolie, Leonardo DiCaprio, Prince etc etc do not have stars. One notable nonagenarian omission is Clint Eastwood! Definitely long overdue, but maybe just doesn't want one.

Seems to me the whole process has become too complicated and has basically turned into a money raising exercise for Hollywood.

(the next star to be installed btw, will be Benedict Cumberbatch, in 2 days time, making him the 2714th recipient)

Clint is widely assumed to have rejected more than one offer to be added. 

Since the rule that you must attend has come in Barbra Striesand is the only person to added without attending. This was because she cancelled at very short notice and it had already been set up. 

Cher accepted but then didn’t schedule her appearance so it was never installed. She did turn up shortly after Sonny Bono died for a joint star for Sonny and Cher.

Julia Roberts was announced the year before Cumberbatch as having finally accepted one but it hasn’t been installed yet. Covid has caused delays through. 

• Like 1

To be fair if I was Clint Eastwood I'd rather have the 50 grand too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Most nominations fees are paid by production companies and business. Not the person being nominated. I bet Disney are paying for Cumberbatch to promote his Marvel role.

• Like 1

According to IMDB and wikipedia, actor Brad Johnson has died at the age of 62, possibly of COVID.

Almost no media coverage.  He wasn't an A-lister, but he's been in a number of movies, most notably a starring role in the Steven Spielberg movie Always, and also starred in the Left Behind film series.  So far, no confirmation of his passing outside wikipedia and IMDB, and even that information is scant.  

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0424635/?ref_=nmbio_bio_nm

UPDATE: It looks like actor Brad Johnson has indeed died of covid at the age of 62.  

https://www.facebook.com/kendrasantoscowboys/posts/941040439930861

• Like 1

People have been noticing that Robert Downey Jr has lost a lot of weight and has no facial hair. Could be nothing and has no pressure to put on muscle after being in Marvel for 10 years but thought i'd mention it.

November 2021:

Feb 2022

28 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

People have been noticing that Robert Downey Jr has lost a lot of weight and has no facial hair. Could be nothing and has no pressure to put on muscle after being in Marvel for 10 years but thought i'd mention it.

Since when was "no facial hair" a sign of illness?

Anyway, judging by the photos, he potentially has plenty of facial hair.

• Like 1