Guest IYG

Hollywood Possibilities

Chris rock still alive. Not sure about Will Smith's career though.

What's on Chris Rock's face?

Fresh Prints! :D

• Haha 8

On 19/03/2022 at 18:59, gcreptile said:

Jimmy Lydon, Hollywood actor and producer, dead at 98:

When I saw "Jimmy Lydon RIP" I thought it was John Lydon's brother, who made a few records of his own.

I don't know how many of you saw the Oscars telecast, but I also thought that Francis Ford Coppola looked like he has declined a bit.  He's 82 now.  It seems to me that his face looks more gaunt than it used to, and his voice was a bit raspy as well.   Perhaps one to keep an eye on.  

• Like 3

Marvin J. Chomsky, multi-Emmy winning director, has died aged 92. Also an extensive catalogue of non-emmy winners including Gunsmoke, Star Trek, Hawaii 5-0 &C.

• Like 1

American actor Paul Herman (Wikidead on his 76th birthday

He was best known for playing supporting roles in numerous films as well as Randy in Silver Linings Playbook, Jack Greene in Crazy Heart, Whispers in The Irishman, Alfonso in American Hustle and Toughguy in Tough Guy (1995)

Paul Herman | Biography, Movie Highlights and Photos | AllMovie

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

He was best known for playing supporting roles in numerous films as well as Randy in Silver Linings Playbook, Jack Greene in Crazy Heart, Whispers in The Irishman, Alfonso in American Hustle and Toughguy in Tough Guy (1995)

I wonder if Richie Aprille ever built a ramp leading up to his ass 

8 hours ago, Gisooo said:

List of the Missed. Picked last year by Spade's Sopranos Theme Team.

• Thanks 2

Two members of that theme team dead already this year, despite only one carking it in the whole 12 months they were in action. Similar to Lee Aaker and Hank Aaron both going from my alphabetical order effort the previous time out.

Relevant quotes from some of Ed Gale's (Chucky the Doll, Howard the Duck) videos. Could be a good pick for the Windy City Deadpool.

October 2018:

"Everyday’s a struggle. Been in bed all week with pneumonia. I got my flu shot and I have to get my pneumonia shot because if I get any one of them, my doctor just said I’m dead, you know, so there’s no other way to look at it. So I won’t survive it."

"I can’t get well, honey. It’s restrictive lung disease and it’s terminal so I’m just gonna stay happy every day."

May 2020:

"Of course we’re in quarantine. I’ve been in quarantine since October, when I had my umpteenth lung collapse."

"I’m doing well. At this moment, it’s kind of like, although I don’t have you know cancer and I don’t know anything what it’s like and I’m not trying to make an ill-gotten comparison that people will be mad at me. But having terminal restrictive lung disease isn’t much different except it doesn’t spread like cancer. But it progresses or digresses and so anybody who’s had anything like that…You have your good days and then you have…I say I have my bad days and I have my worst days."

January 2021:

"No, I’m not doing so good. I have to see my doctor again. My breathing is horrible. Someone posted on one of my pages that I’m making up stories about my health because I can’t make any money on autographs. Okay…Keyboard coward won’t respond to me. He says that my stories my health are made up, I’m just trying to make money out of my autographs. And my video was saying I’m getting out of the business of doing autographs, so you go figure that out."

"I’m dying, I’m like…My head is so stuffed, my nose became unstuffed because the air conditioner is off."

July 2021:

"My health is failing faster than anticipated. So I just live everyday to the fullest and I ignore the fact that I’m terminal. Just go on everyday with life, you know. I don’t smell flowers, I get out of bed. What else can I do?"

"Ok so it is official. It took a lot of negotiating and they wanted me to sign an affidavit that I would be there. Under no uncertain terms would I cancel. I said I have terminal restrictive lung disease. I’m living on borrowed time. It gets harder to breathe the longer that I talk. I’m gonna keep talking as long as my body will let me."

"I’m doing good, it’s very difficult to keep my eyes open. And the doctors are going to do a brain scan. All theyr’e gonna get is an echo but anyway. My body is falling apart and they say I need one hip and two knee replacements. And possible ankle surgery. The problem with that is I’m inoperable. I cannot have surgery because of intubation. Intubation is when they put a tube down your throat with the mask to regulate the propofol and penathol and..yeah propofol, it goes on a drip and keeps you asleep. If you start to wake up, there’s lines on the computers and when the lines may be dropped too low or raised too high, they have to adjust the medication. Well, that tube won’t fit in my throat because I have cervical myelopathy, which means my throat is slowly closing. Which means, in layman’s terms, in dummy terms like you and me both. Trust me, anytime I call anybody an idiot, I’m including myself in that. I’m basically suffocating, so it won’t be a major deal. You know, one night, we don’t know when. Two weeks from now, two years from now, ten years from now, ten minutes, hell I could die on camera. So yeah, the assumption or presumption is I will go to sleep and one day not wake up because I’ll just slowly stop breathing."

• Sad 1

Walter Coblenz, who was nominated for an Oscar for producing the 1976 film 'All the President's Men', died March 16th. He was 93. His death was reported April 1st. Coblenz's credits also included 'The Candidate' and 'The Onion Field'.

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/walter-coblenz-dead-all-the-presidents-men-1235221585/

John Zaritsky has died at the age of 79.

The Oscar-winning director - who earned an Academy Award in 1983 for his documentary 'Just Another Missing Kid' about an Ottawa teenager who went missing in Nebraska and went on to direct a string of other hard-hitting documentaries - died from heart failure last Wednesday (30.03.22)

SC

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

an Ottawa teenager who went missing in Nebraska and went on to direct a string of other hard-hitting documentaries

Impressive.

• Like 1

Tony Mockus (Anthony Mockus Sr), who appeared in The Untouchables, Caddyshack II and Backdraft, as well as several US TV programmes has died aged 92 (1st April according to IMDb).

A Chicago native, his last appearance was appropriately in a 2013 episode of Chicago Fire, which coincidentally I watched last night.

• Like 1

American actress Kathryn Hays (Wikidead at 87

She was best known for her role as Kim Hughes on the CBS soap opera As the World Turns from 1972 to 2010

undefined

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Gisooo said:

American actress Kathryn Hays (Wikidead at 87

She was best known for her role as Kim Hughes on the CBS soap opera As the World Turns from 1972 to 2010

undefined

I was going to post this but was going to add ‘Is that really the best photo they could find?’ - so now I have.  It looks like they took a picture of her corpse.

SC

1 minute ago, Sir Creep said:

I was going to post this but was going to add ‘Is that really the best photo they could find?’ - so now I have.  It looks like they took a picture of her corpse.

SC

She passed since March 25 and her death was made known yesterday. LATE. I was hoping she get an obit from Hollywood Reporter

10 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

She passed since March 25 and her death was made known yesterday. LATE. I was hoping she get an obit from Hollywood Reporter

She got plenty of British ones even through I don’t think As the World Turns ever aired in the UK.

• Like 1

Kathy Lamkin, who appeared in No Country For Old Men and the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remakes, has died aged 74.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mollyafox said:

Cause of death revealed 

"a fatal cardiac arrhythmia secondary to severe coronary atherosclerosis"

do you work for deadline or something?

• Haha 1

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-10758823/Oscar-winning-actors-live-five-years-longer-unnominated-stars-study-finds.html

New data analysis  says Oscar winning actors live longer than actors nominated but who don't win and Oscar nominated actors live longer than actors who are never nominated. 

Exactly why is not fully understood  but it could be a helpful pointer for deadpoolers 

• Haha 3

Writer & producer Declan O'Brien died in February, but news only just released. Did work for the SyFy channel and directed Wrong turn 3,4 & 5, writing 4 & 5.

He was 56.