Guest IYG

Hollywood Possibilities

On 10/08/2012 at 16:39, VSBfromH said:

Carlo Rambaldi

The Italian special effects artist who designed ET, for which he won an Oscar, has died aged 86. He won another Oscar for his work on "Alien".

Isidoro Raponi, a Hollywood mechanical effects legend, has died at the age of 76. As reported by The Hollywood Reporter, Raponi — who is known for working on films such as 1982's "E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial" and 1979's "Alien" — died on Friday, May 25, at a Los Angeles rehabilitation facility due to congestive heart failure.

Raponi was born on June 30, 1945, in Frosinone, Italy. At the age of 18, he got his start in mechanical and special effects when he began an apprenticeship with effects creator Carlo Rambaldi, who would later win two Oscars for his work on "Alien" and "E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial." After 15 years of collaborating with Rambaldi on Italian films, Raponi moved to Los Angeles to work on the 1976 remake of "King Kong," which ended up earning him a special achievement award at the Oscars. Raponi continued collaborating with Rambaldi throughout his career, even after leaving Italy.

SC

• Like 1

American actress and singer Linda Lawson (Wikidead at 86

She appeared in several television series, including Alfred Hitchcock Presents; The Alfred Hitchcock Hour; Maverick, Bonanza, It Takes a Thief, ER; The Virginian, Mr. Lucky, Perry Mason, The Real McCoys, The Aquanauts, Sea Hunt; Tales of Wells Fargo, 77 Sunset Strip; Hawaiian Eye; Border Patrol, Colt .45,Peter Gunn, Mickey Spillane's Mike Hammer and The Tall Man among many others.

cult film freak: REVIEW OF 'NIGHT TIDE' WITH DENNIS HOPPER & LINDA LAWSON  Linda Lawson (actress) - Wikipedia

• Like 3

Could have gone in a few threads, but this seemed a decent catch-all.

The Television Academy YouTube channel regularly posts interviews with industry figures talking about their lives and careers. Their most recent participant is The Man from U.N.C.L.E. and NCIS star David McCallum. It's a Zoom interview conducted from his home, and he's looking pretty decent for someone turning 89 in a few months. Posture not great and he seems a little tired/bored/grumpy at times, but he's mentally all there and dresses smartly. Looks like the handle of an exercise bike on the left of frame too, so possibly still keeping himself physically active.

Here's David reminiscing about his childhood, including getting bombed by V1 and V2 rockets: 

https://youtu.be/lqrN2i1E7o4

• Like 1

For a long time now I've suspected him of having a picture in the attic.

21 minutes ago, Toast said:

He’s a relative of mine. We have good longevity on that side of the family. I’d expect David to be around for a while yet.

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, Toast said:

Made of Steel

On 24/11/2020 at 08:40, Putin said:

Philip Baker Hall is an american actor. He was born in 1931 and one of his most well known roles was secret honor (1984) and potrayed Richard Nixon. He has used portable oxygen earlier, don't know if he still uses that.

Philip Baker Hall being pronounced dead by the Twitterati: 

Literally in everything you've seen on the tellybox at some point.

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001311/

I'm going to say without looking he's a DDP Pick.

Edit: Apparently he isn't and has never been a DDP Pick. Well, there ya go.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Doesn't seem like it, I checked under both B and H. Not only did we not have many notable deaths lately, we've also failed at picking them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, gcreptile said:

Doesn't seem like it, I checked under both B and H. Not only did we not have many notable deaths lately, we've also failed at picking them.

Yeah, I had a swatch and edited my post.

Astonishing, he was picked hither and thither last year in pools.

• Like 3

Yes, only notable death in a while. How the hell was he not picked? He had been in failing health for years.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Philip Baker Hall being pronounced dead by the Twitterati: 

Literally in everything you've seen on the tellybox at some point.

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001311/

I'm going to say without looking he's a DDP Pick.

Edit: Apparently he isn't and has never been a DDP Pick. Well, there ya go.

Fuck, had him on last year list, but replaced him this year.

Only had 2 hits so far this year.

And there has been a few I replaced this year that has died now.

Anyway rest in peace Philip Baker Hall

7 minutes ago, Putin said:

Fuck, had him on last year list, but replaced him this year.

Only had 2 hits so far this year.

And there has been a few I replaced this year that has died now.

Anyway rest in peace Philip Baker Hall

Don't suppose you've had yourself on a list and replaced yourself by anychance :D

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Don't suppose you've had yourself on a list and replaced yourself by anychance :D

Might as well do that now

From the Happy Birthday thread

On 15/04/2021 at 12:08, torbrexbones said:

Maureen Arthur is 87, she is known for her role in 'How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying' and also had roles in TV stuff such as The Monkees and The Dick Van Dyke Show.

Maureen Arthur Picture

Maureen Arthur being reported dead: 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

American actress who starred in Hollywood classic TV Shows, Janet De Gore (Wikidead at 91

She appeared in television programs, as her credits includes, The Real McCoys, 77 Sunset Strip, Sugarfoot, The Outer Limits, Perry Mason, Branded, and The Farmer's Daughter.

Credit: Corbis via Getty Images/John Springer Collection 

• Like 6

On 19/06/2022 at 18:34, Gisooo said:

American actress who starred in Hollywood classic TV Shows, Janet De Gore (Wikidead at 91

She appeared in television programs, as her credits includes, The Real McCoys, 77 Sunset Strip, Sugarfoot, The Outer Limits, Perry Mason, Branded, and The Farmer's Daughter.

Hmmm... The memorial's been deleted from ForeverMissed (which is where Boot Hill have copy and pasted the obit from).

Maybe fake news?

Need to wait to see if she's listed in SAG-AFTRA in the future.

On 19/05/2022 at 11:30, Ulitzer95 said:

*snip*

That appears to be it. The Spring/Summer edition of Equity magazine will be out in a few days time. That should be more interesting.

So it seems Equity finally released their Spring/Summer 2022 magazine a week or so ago (a month late). However, they seem to have gone back to their old ways of sending it via mail to members but not uploading it online.

A long shot but I don't suppose we have any members on here who could take a photo of the In Memoriam page and upload?

Annoying the President of Equity uploaded a video of him discussing the latest magazine here on YouTube. He shows the In Memoriam section at 7:19 but the camera isn't close enough to him to make out the writing. :rolleyes:

On 19/06/2022 at 18:34, Gisooo said:

Boot Hill have now also removed their obituary (which was copied from ForeverMissed). Annoyingly someone has created a FindAGrave page for her now too, copying the details from BootHill. :rolleyes:

This is how misinformation spreads...

6 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Boot Hill have now also removed their obituary (which was copied from ForeverMissed). Annoyingly someone has created a FindAGrave page for her now too, copying the details from BootHill. :rolleyes:

This is how misinformation spreads..

Yep, also her IMDb is updated as dead. Let's wait in August for SAG AFTRA Summer.

On 07/10/2021 at 00:21, Ulitzer95 said:

Legacy obit for Juli Reding (IMDb), aged 85. American television and film actress of the 1950s and 1960s.

sF8CLTM5i0eVQ2xhQuERzYqNcyr.jpg.06273babb1ba6e7d0e2a9ee90c66bd48.jpg744317938_MV5BNjk0YWYzZjgtMzA1MS00NTE0LWEzZWMtMjE3YTdkZDJjYmZkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTE2NzA0Ng@@._V1_UY180_CR440180180_AL_.jpg.ff4c4a246e5987e698cb2bac74ddf0b7.jpg

Best known for her appearance in the 1960 horror film "Tormented" (wiki). 

Bert I. Gordon (wiki), the director of that movie, is still alive at 99, as are two of its stars: Lugene Sanders (wiki), 86/87, and Joe Turkel (wiki), 94.

Joe Turkel is a goner: https://variety.com/2022/film/news/joe-turkel-dead-the-shining-bartender-1235307950/

• Like 7
  • Sad 4