Guest IYG

Hollywood Possibilities

2 minutes ago, Slackhurst Broadcasting said:

I'm surprised that someone who's been burned so badly could be left with usable organs.

I have similar thoughts. Part of me wonders if that is maybe the issue? They are figuring out 1. What can we use 2. Who needs it badly enough

Could be a situation where the organs aren't great, but are better than what someone else has.

I also wonder what state her organs are in due to hypoxia.

46 minutes ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Maybe they could fly her neck to New York and give it to Salman.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPgo5HbCHrxRxStRKEeCC

7 hours ago, drol said:

Notice NYT has not jumped the gun. Waiting for their obit is the best thing at the moment.

Like Heche, This didn’t age well.

I just had a look and Anne's father also died very young around 45 in 1983, plus her mother Nancy Heche (Wiki) is still alive at 87, she had five children, four of whom are deceased, including Anne, that's terrible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gisooo said:

I just had a look and Anne's father also died very young around 45 in 1983, plus her mother Nancy Heche (Wiki) is still alive at 87, she had five children, four of whom are deceased, including Anne, that's terrible.

If Heche's autobiography is to be believed (her sister + mother have different stories, which is why I say if), her father sexually abused her as a kid, her mom knew and did nothing. Her father was also a closeted gay man who died of AIDS, and her brother killed himself.

Whether that's true aside, what is true is that her mom is an outspoken advocate of conversion therapy and, when Heche publically dated Ellen, claimed Heche betrayed her because there was an unspoken agreement in the family that the "homosexuals" are not to be tolerated.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

23 minutes ago, CastAway said:

If Heche's autobiography is to be believed (her sister + mother have different stories, which is why I say if), her father sexually abused her as a kid, her mom knew and did nothing. Her father was also a closeted gay man who died of AIDS, and her brother killed himself.

Whether that's true aside, what is true is that her mom is an outspoken advocate of conversion therapy and, when Heche publically dated Ellen, claimed Heche betrayed her because there was an unspoken agreement in the family that the "homosexuals" are not to be tolerated.

This is inhumane, but all the men dying young from AIDS in the 80's and 90's were all gay? 

1 hour ago, Gisooo said:

This is inhumane, but all the men dying young from AIDS in the 80's and 90's were all gay? 

Bisexuality exists.

Also if you are a drug user and take things like heroin then that could give you HIV.

I think there are/were a few legal things going on recently where a clinical trial went badly wrong and gave people taking part in the trial HIV. This was due to dirty blood from the original source in a hospital/clinic not properly checking the blood status. It's only recently that the people who took part and their relatives have now won millions in a settlement.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gisooo said:

Arthur Ashe was not gay. Many died in a similar way to Ashe.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Gisooo said:

No, but Heche had previously said that she believes her father was gay:

https://books.google.co.in/books?id=G2UEAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA32&source=gbs_toc_r&cad=2#v=onepage&q&f=false

I don't think he was just a gay man. I think he was sexually deviant. My belief was that my father was gay and he had to cover that up.  

On 10/08/2022 at 01:52, CaptainChorizo said:

Denise Dowse

The 64 year old charecter actress is in a coma brought on by meningitis.  Over the last 30 years she has appeared on dozens of us tv programs such as Beverly Hills 90210,Seinfeld,Grey's Anatomy Insecure, Charmed,Sister Sister ,Bones etc.

Dead.

• Like 3

On 10/08/2022 at 05:52, CaptainChorizo said:

Denise Dowse

The 64 year old charecter actress is in a coma brought on by meningitis.  Over the last 30 years she has appeared on dozens of us tv programs such as Beverly Hills 90210,Seinfeld,Grey's Anatomy Insecure, Charmed,Sister Sister ,Bones etc.

Denise Dowse Dead

For my generation she'll always be the vice principal from "we don't have any episodes of Saved by the Bell, will this do?" filler show California Dreams

5 minutes ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

:clivedunn:.

Yes, :clivedunn: by someone who didn't include the name in his post, so it didn't show up in a search. I make no apologies.

4 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

For my generation she'll always be the vice principal from "we don't have any episodes of Saved by the Bell, will this do?" filler show California Dreams

California Dreams had the very sexy Diana Uribe - exhibit A...

Anne Heche will officially be taken off life support, as organ recipients have been identified. The organs she'll be donating haven't been specified. 

• Like 1

Was playing the soundtrack to the - basically - brainless movie Maryjane (1968), today (as you do) 

Googling the movie. The two female leads, Diane McBain and Patty McCormack are both still alive and in their 80s. Dead pool fodder for the lower hanging pools, like Deathrace. McBain (pictured) was newsworthy 40 years ago after an horrific attack that motivated a life-change in which she became a rape counsellor for a long time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maryjane_(film)

Diane_McBain.JPG

Anne Heche completely dead at 53. Confirmed by Associated Press and NYT.

• Like 1

Yeah, I was a little confused about the whole timeline. Yesterday, Wikipedia still had her declared dead a couple of days ago. "They" have changed it to yesterday since then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

Yeah, I was a little confused about the whole timeline. Yesterday, Wikipedia still had her declared dead a couple of days ago. "They" have changed it to yesterday since then.

Legally she was dead when they established that she was brain dead.  Keeping the heart beating by artificial means pending harvesting of organs for donations doesn't change that.

The confusion comes because medical advances can keep people "alive" or "bring them back" while their condition is investigated.  It's like Tom Petty's death:  he died, they gave him CPR and put him on life support hoping he would recover but he was gone from the start.

It is tricky when the date of death is crucial for deadpool points though.  No consideration.  :evil2:

• Like 2