Guest IYG

Hollywood Possibilities

On 29/09/2021 at 18:13, arghton said:

Ron Logan (1938-) Awarded for Parks & Resorts.

Ron Logan dead at 84.

• Like 3

William Reynolds dead at 90.

Had a number of film and TV roles in the 50s and 60s. Probably best remembered for starring on The F.B.I. and his lead role in the Twilight Zone episode "The Purple Testament".

• Like 5

On 21/07/2022 at 19:17, alt obits guy said:

Shonka Dukureh, who played Big Mama Thornton in the recent Elvis biopic which also served as her big screen acting debut, has died. She was 44.

https://people.com/movies/elvis-actress-shonka-dukureh-found-dead-in-her-nashville-apartment-police/

Cause of death revealed to be from natural causes of "hypertensive and atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease". 

• Like 2

Pauley Perrette, TV's original alt girl, reveals she suffered a "massive stroke" last year that almost killed her.

• Like 3

Taxi Driver director Paul Schrader seems to have a serious illness but doctors are unsure what it is, either something with the lungs or with the heart:

https://dailytimes.com.pk/993117/film-legend-paul-schrader-is-seriously-ill-but-on-a-roll/

However, I already posted something similar in 2020 (in another thread). So, maybe it got worse, or it's not really news.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Taxi Driver director Paul Schrader seems to have a serious illness but doctors are unsure what it is, either something with the lungs or with the heart:

https://dailytimes.com.pk/993117/film-legend-paul-schrader-is-seriously-ill-but-on-a-roll/

However, I already posted something similar in 2020 (in another thread). So, maybe it got worse, or it's not really news.

Sounds like COPD to me. 

Sara Shane (Wiki), one of the last surviving actresses from the Golden Age of Hollywood dead at 94 in Australia.

She was best known for her appearance in Tarzan's Greatest Adventure (1959), Affair in Havana (1957), The King and Four Queens (1956), Magnificent Obsession (1954) and Three Bad Sisters (1956).

undefined 

• Like 4

Marsha Hunt dead at 104.

• Like 3
  • Sad 7
  • Shocked 2

19 minutes ago, tracy said:

Marsha Hunt dead at 104.

That's a big one. RIP.

Leaves just 2 credited Golden Era Hollywood surviving actresses born in the 1910's. As far as I know, down to these women, no men left alive. 

Elisabeth Waldo + Caren Marsh Doll. Might be time to do a deep dive, similar to Silent Era. May be a few unreported. 

• Like 2

On 07/09/2022 at 14:54, Charles De Gaulle said:

Sounds like COPD to me. 

No need to be rude 

Bull Fulbright, the only character to die in A-team. Was always funny to think the actor who played him was instead alive and very old.

80s character actor James Handy did turn up in Top Gun: Maverick, after a few years away from the big screen.

• Like 1