Guest IYG

Hollywood Possibilities

Probably the most depressing death I've ever read on this forum. He made the most specially unique children's films ever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

Not really Hollywood,  but... Jules Bass, producer of Christmas-timey TV specials has died at 87:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/jules-bass-dead-frosty-the-snowman-1235248424/

1 hour ago, Death Impends said:

DDP pick thanks to a Christmas theme team.

And now I see these posts!  I'd posted of Bass' death in the 'Cartoonists and Animators' thread.

Edit - correction and acknowledgement

Edited by Evil Grimace
Edit - correction and acknowledgement
  • Like 1

Ben Feigin, who won a 2020 Emmy as an executive producer for Schitt's Creek, the Canadian series that had a Cinderella run in the U.S. during its sixth and final season, has died. He was 47. Feigin died of pancreatic cancer.

https://deadline.com/2022/10/ben-feigin-dies-schitts-creek-executive-producer-age-47-1235154880/

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 23/10/2022 at 03:45, Ulitzer95 said:

If that’s true then that’s hilarious. Basically an Elizabeth Warren type.

I wonder how common it is in the States for ppl to lie about or at least exaggerate Native American ancestry. Do they think it gives them some kind of superiority over their peers if they claim to be descended from the early peoples of the Americas? Personally I find it a bizarre thing to lie about.

It's common in America, particularly in states like Oklahoma where Elizabeth Warren is from. It's usually a folktale handed down by the family, about their great-great grandparents. So they're not exactly lying, even though it's not true. Usually they claim Cherokee, due to the infamy of the Trail of Tears. Johnny Depp, Miley Cyrus, and Johnny Cash are other examples. I think Heather Locklear is actually Native American (Lumbee tribe).
To the extent of Sacheen Littlefeather or Iron Eyes Cody (the Crying Indian), no that is extremely bizarre.
To get college subsidies, you'd have to be an official member of a tribe and go through the tribe's education department.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

60s/70s child star Dawn Lyn in a coma "fighting for her life" after undergoing brain surgery.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Andrew Duncan, actor known for Slap Shot, SNL reportedly died yesterday

• Like 3

Not a real actor but was part of Hollywood, I thought would be interesting!

Gary Carlson (IMDb), who played Beau Wilkes (as a body double for one of the older Beau Wilkes actors) in 1939 film Gone with the Wind dead at 94

Ps: Three different children played Beau Wilkes during different times in the film, and they are:

Greg Giese (IMDb) - Newborn Baby Beau - I believe Mr. Giese was 11 days old at the time

Ric Holt (IMDb) - Baby Beau after the Civil War - Sadly, Mr. Holt passed away in '15

Mickey Kuhn (Wiki) - Young Beau - he was roughly 6 years-old in the film and is one of only 2 people living that was credited in the movie, not to mention the only child actor in the film that is alive that was credited in the movie!

• Like 2

American fashion designer Alice Estes Davis (Wikidead at 93 :(

Known by all for her work with Walt Disney, who employed her to develop costumes for films, television, and theme parks.

Awarded as Disney Legend in 2004

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

American fashion designer Alice Estes Davis (Wikidead at 93 :(

Known by all for her work with Walt Disney, who employed her to develop costumes for films, television, and theme parks.

Awarded as Disney Legend in 2004

Also wife of Disney animator, Marc Davis

• Like 2

3 horas atrás, Gisooo disse:

Não era um ator de verdade, mas fazia parte de Hollywood, achei que seria interessante!

Gary Carlson (IMDb), que interpretou Beau Wilkes (como dublê de corpo para um dos atores mais velhos de Beau Wilkes) em 1939 no filme Gone with the Windmorto aos 94 anos

Ps: Três crianças diferentes interpretaram Beau Wilkes durante diferentes momentos do filme, e eles são:

Greg Giese (IMDb) - Recém-nascido Baby Beau - Eu acredito que o Sr. Giese tinha 11 dias de idade na época

Ric Holt(IMDb) - Bebê Beau após a Guerra Civil - Infelizmente, o Sr. Holt faleceu em 1915

Mickey Kuhn (Wiki) - Young Beau - ele tinha cerca de 6 anos de idade no filme e é uma das únicas 2 pessoas vivas que foi creditada no filme, sem mencionar o único ator infantil no filme que está vivo que foi creditado no filme!

Holt passed away in 2015, if it was in 1915 he wouldn't have made the movie

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, diego said:

Holt passed away in 2015, if it was in 1915 he wouldn't have made the movie

He played a corpse.

50 minutes ago, drol said:

He played a corpse.

aaaaa, it's explained, I want to watch this movie

• Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, diego said:

aaaaa, it's explained, I want to watch this movie

This AI stuff's getting advanced. It can even form its own sentences now!

why do you say that?

11 minutes ago, DaDeathGuy said:

This AI stuff's getting advanced. It can even form its own sentences now!

why do you say that?

3 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

since Marsha Hunt is dead, who is currently the oldest actor/actress alive ?

Branka Veselinović innit, as the more learned researchers on here doubt that Adriana Sivieri is still with us. If you mean Hollywood actors, then it's Caren Marsh Doll.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Branka Veselinović innit, as the more learned researchers on here doubt that Adriana Sivieri is still with us. If you mean Hollywood actors, then it's Caren Marsh Doll.

thanks ! there is also Dorette Ardenne from France, born in 1919 but I can't find any proof that she is still alive, if someone wants to investigate…

3 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Branka Veselinović innit, pois os pesquisadores mais instruídos aqui duvidam que Adriana Sivieri ainda esteja conosco. Se você quer dizer atores de Hollywood, então é Caren Marsh Doll.

and the oldest living actor in the world? Anybody know?

8 minutes ago, diego said:

and the oldest living actor in the world? Anybody know?

Oldest on Wikipedia's list are Guido Gorgatti (1919), Arnold Yarrow and Ardeshir Kazemi (1920). There might be some older ones.

I forgot Yarrow is still alive, thought he'd died already, I recall he's been in bad health for a while. No idea who's the oldest Hollywood actor. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, arghton said:

Os mais antigos na lista da Wikipedia são Guido Gorgatti (1919), Arnold Yarrow e Ardeshir Kazemi (1920). Pode haver alguns mais velhos.

Esqueci que Yarrow ainda está vivo, pensei que já tivesse morrido, lembro que ele está com problemas de saúde há algum tempo. Não faço ideia de quem é o ator mais velho de Hollywood. 

So if Adriana Sivieri is still alive, they are both Italian-Argentinean and would be the oldest living actor and actress in the world, interesting coincidence, Why do researchers think Adriana is no longer alive?