Guest IYG

Hollywood Possibilities

8 hours ago, TheKillingTime said:

Barbara Berrie an Oscar nominated actress who is 91 has COPD. Might be a decent bet in 2023

I presume you mean Barbara Barrie?

• Like 1

Marjorie Campbell (IMDb) dead at 90.

American actress for MGM who, as a baby, appeared in 2 Hollywood films and one Laurel and Hardy short, but has fired because she wouldn't stop crying.

Telegraph obit. Definitely up there with the most random Telegraph obits I've ever seen.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, TheKillingTime said:

Barbara Berrie an Oscar nominated actress who is 91 has COPD. Might be a decent bet in 2023

Source?

19 hours ago, TheKillingTime said:

IPF since 2014, not COPD (or atleast haven't heard of her having it). Still, average life expectancy for IPF ain't that high and I don't think she's had a lung transplant. Was deciding between her and Duke Fakir for this year's, so she's perhaps going on my next year's.

• Like 1

Actress and singer Irene Cara,  best known for her role as Coco Hernandez in the 1980 film Fame, died at 63 years:

https://abc7.com/irene-cara-flashdance-fame-celebrity-deaths/12495906/

Her song, "Flashdance... What a Feeling," became an international hit and won an Academy Award for "Best Original Song."

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Shocked 17

1 hour ago, TomTomTelekom said:

Actress and singer Irene Cara,  best known for her role as Coco Hernandez in the 1980 film Fame, died at 63 years:

Her song, "Flashdance... What a Feeling," became an international hit and won an Academy Award for "Best Original Song."

Not gonna live forever, then.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TomTomTelekom said:

God, what was her cause of death? Can't believe I'm listening Flashdance every day, so sad, what a voice. RIP

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TomTomTelekom said:

Long before her success with Fame and Flashdance, Cara was a child actress and a cast member of the U.S. children's series The Electric Company. She played Iris, one of the Short Circus members.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gisooo said:

God, what was her cause of death? Can't believe I'm listening Flashdance every day, so sad, what a voice. RIP

Irene Cara's cause of death revealed:

It is odd that the Hollywood Reporter, Variety, Deadline or TMZ don't have it yet.

I know it's very early morning in the U.S. but you'd expect those publications (particularly the first and last one) to have skeleton staff on.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Not gonna live forever, then.

Or learn how to fly.....SHAME!!!!

4 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

It is odd that the Hollywood Reporter, Variety, Deadline or TMZ don't have it yet.

I know it's very early morning in the U.S. but you'd expect those publications (particularly the first and last one) to have skeleton staff on.

Reports up at Variety and TMZ now. 

EDIT: News on all four now, with Deadline and The Hollywood Reporter.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, GEMINEYE said:

Or learn how to fly.....SHAME!!!!

Everyone's going to remember her name 

On 26/11/2022 at 10:28, TomTomTelekom said:

Last night I was with some friends at a dance party (of the rainbow community) and they played her songs "Flashdance... What a feeling" twice and "Fame" once. Those were the right moments to remember Irene Cara and say goodbye to her. 80s legend :bow:

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Actor Clarence Gilyard, known for his roles as Theo in Die Hard, "Sundown" in Top Gun, and pastor Bruce Barnes in Left Behind: The Movie, has died at 66.

Probably more well-known for his television roles as Jimmy Trivette (opposite Chuck Norris) on Walker, Texas Ranger and Conrad McMasters (opposite Andy Griffith) on Matlock.

He later became a theatre professor at the University of Nevada Las Vegas.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

recent picture of Tippi Hedren and her daughter Melanie Griffith. Looks quite frail to me 

FF9B2D21-DF46-4E56-A6E9-0498C0C812DD.jpeg

Frail yes but not too bad for nearly 93.

• Like 1

Just now, Sean said:

Frail yes but not too bad for nearly 93.

Agree, there is worse. 

It is difficult to properly assess from that photo as you can't see whether she is slumped or it is just the angle or pose.

There's also a recent video of her where she talks about perfume. She seems fine.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, tracy said:

There's also a recent video of her where she talks about perfume. She seems fine.

Seems fine but quite lost in What she says I must say. 

1 hour ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Seems fine but quite lost in What she says I must say. 

She made perfect sense to me.

• Like 1