Guest IYG

Hollywood Possibilities

Strangely that guy doesn’t even have a Wiki page!

@YoungWillz, TCM have pulled the video from YouTube which may signal some last minute changes. However, they’ve just uploaded it to their Facebook channel.

• Like 1

This amateur in memorial video is BETTER than TCM Remembers.

Whoever is behind this, TCM really needs to hire them!

• Like 5

The TCM video was apparently deleted because of "minor issues" with the music. Probably a copyright thing.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I've posted a full list of the 77 names featured in the TCM tribute above now.

Can anyone tell me who the bloody hell these two are, and why their deaths are more notable than Sally Kellerman, Betty White, Louie Anderson or Bob Saget? Are TCM now taking bribes from families to include people in their tributes or something?

I suppose an argument could be made for White, Anderson and Saget because they were not exactly known for their cinematic work, but Kellerman was nominated for an acting Oscar!! There is no excuse there.

Betty White should be on there for Lake Placid.

Lots of tweets and Facebook posts from friends and fans reporting the death of Diane McBain (wiki), aged 81, after a battle with liver cancer.

Actress, and specifically a Warner Brothers contract player, who was one of Elvis Presley's leading ladies during the 1960s.

She was also the last main cast member of the ABC TV series Surfside 6 (wiki).

Diane-McBain-and-Van-Williams-in-Surfside-6-ABC.jpg.382b4cd6c1a046e2902d59923fa69b76.jpg

EDIT: Hollywood Reporter obit.

• Like 2

And there goes my "haha, found someone with weeks left to live that nobody else on the forum will pick" gambit.

Report of the death of Christopher Tucker (wiki), aged 76.

British makeup artist who created the prosthetics on "The Elephant Man", "The Company of Wolves", "Julius Caesar" and the 1986 stage production of "The Phantom of the Opera".

Won a BAFTA in 1982 for his work on "Quest For Fire".

1467345618_Masks-kkTH-621x414LiveMint.jpgcopy.jpg.d62507747842aeb9f5377c7d8c9cde25.jpg

• Like 7

His makeup work in "The Elephant Man" was so good that it forced the Oscars to make a category for makeup.

• Like 3

On 30/08/2022 at 17:13, TomTomTelekom said:

Actress and model Charlbi Dean, who is perhaps most famous for her role as Syonide on the CW comic book series Black Lighning, died at 32 years:

https://www.tmz.com/2022/08/30/south-african-actress-charlbi-dean-dead-dies/

As a model, she has done shoots for Elle, Glamour, Cosmopolitan and more.  She made her film acting debut in the comedy Spud in 2010. 

Charlbi Dean's autopsy results released.

Died from bacterial sepsis, caused by an infection. The removal of her spleen after a 2008 car crash, which she narrowly survived, put her at greater risk of bacterial infections.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, When The said:

Star Trek actress Maggie Thrett dead at 76

Is that a death Thrett?

Neal Jimenez, writer of River's Edge and writer/director of The Waterdance, died at 62 on Dec. 11.

I almost brought him up a few months ago because he was reported dead in July by Roger Avary on his and Quentin Tarantino's podcast, but I figured it wasn't true. Guess he actually was in bad shape.

• Like 1

Awful. I've seen The Hurt Locker, The Town, Wind River and Arrival and he is an actor I always like. Hope he gets back on acting soon.

• Like 2

I really have trouble seeing Earl Holliman making it to 2024. A shame he is unheard of in the UK, otherwise he would have been at the forefront of my 2023 Shadowlist.

19 minutes ago, The Daredevil said:

I really have trouble seeing Earl Holliman making it to 2024. A shame he is unheard of in the UK, otherwise he would have been at the forefront of my 2023 Shadowlist.

He was the star of the very first Twilight Zone episode, he's known to me.

(Pretty much for that, and that alone.)

4 minutes ago, msc said:

He was the star of the very first Twilight Zone episode, he's known to me.

(Pretty much for that, and that alone.)

I knew the name and could picture the face so I looked him up - police woman, main cast, was shown in the UK -  probably enough to obit I'd have thought.

I don't figure he'll ever make the DL but I would expect that anyone in the UK with a passing interest in older Hollywood stuff would know who Holliman is. After all he's one of the few living guys from a number of big movies (Forbidden Planet, Giant, The Big Combo, The Sons of Katie Elder, The Rainmaker, Gunfight at the O.K. Corral, etc.), along with the TV stuff already mentioned above.

11 minutes ago, En Passant said:

I knew the name and could picture the face so I looked him up - police woman, main cast, was shown in the UK -  probably enough to obit I'd have thought.

I’ll be staggered if he gets a BBC obit, but agreed Holliman will probably get some UK media coverage when he goes.

22 hours ago, tracy said:

Jeremy Renner in "critical but stable condition" after a snowplowing mishap.

Now, I'm up too late and probably grumpy, but...

Jezza runs himself over with his own snowplough and we are all shocked and concerned for him. (Probably rightly so).

Brian Harvey ran himself over with his own car, and was decried as a total idiot. (Admittedly, he did lie about it).

We British, huh? Makes me laugh and cry in equal measure on a daily basis. :P

5 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Now, I'm up too late and probably grumpy, but...

Jezza runs himself over with his own snowplough and we are all shocked and concerned for him. (Probably rightly so).

Brian Harvey ran himself over with his own car, and was decried as a total idiot. (Admittedly, he did lie about it).

We British, huh? Makes me laugh and cry in equal measure on a daily basis. :P

Didn't Brian Harvey run himself over because he'd stuffed his face on jacket potatoes and leant out of the car to be sick? That is an idiotic thing to do. I bet Jeremy Renner's excuse is less ridiculous.

• Haha 1

Just now, GEMINEYE said:

Didn't Brian Harvey run himself over because he'd stuffed his face on jacket potatoes and leant out of the car to be sick? That is an idiotic thing to do. I bet Jeremy Renner's excuse is less ridiculous.

I don't recall exactly. Common humanity gives me the sense to have compassion for both, regardless of the circumstances.

Haven't we all left the handbrake off or not fully engaged at some point? (Note, I haven't driven in over 20 years or so - cost of cars even then was ridiculous). Damn sure if it was a snowplough rather than a car, I'd have been extra careful.

I care too much sometimes - my fault, and as I said, a little grumpy. :D

1 hour ago, GEMINEYE said:

He did indeed.

5 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

I don't recall exactly. Common humanity gives me the sense to have compassion for both, regardless of the circumstances.

For the last time Willz, Brian Harvey is not going to shag you.

• Like 1