Guest IYG

Hollywood Possibilities

So, seeing Ed Ames (Daniel Boone) announced dead I did some random searching for the musical turn from The Virginian western series - Randy Boone, aka actor Randy Benton - still alive at 83 (y'know, the age at which Tina Turner just died). 

Likely obitable in those pools that accept the likes of Variety as a source, maybe even UK broadsheet obitable on a slow day. 

Randy_Boone_1967.JPG

• Like 1

Gary Kent, producer, actor and stuntman who was the inspiration for Brad Pitt's character in One Upon A Time In Hollywood, reportedly dead: 

Doubled for Jack Nicholson in numerous films. Performed stunts for among others Daniel Boone, so another death instantly related to the report of Ed Ames death. Had a minor role in Freebie And The Bean!

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0448743/

• Like 4

2 hours ago, When The said:

However if his own claims are to be believed, he does seem in good health since. Not really a concern unless it comes back. And unlike Val, he seems to be able to still talk fine, which is useful for his career.

Roger Corman made an appearance at Cannes today and I think he looks great for 97:

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJmZGMtc2l0ZXB1YmxpYy1tZWRp

• Like 5

On 12/10/2022 at 14:15, Ulitzer95 said:

The only surviving credited cast members of Bedknobs and Broomsticks (1971) are now the three child actors:

Cindy O'Callghan (b. 1956)
Ian Weighill (b. 1957)
Roy Snart (b. 1962)

There are still some uncredited adult cast members still with us. Conrad Bachmann (b. 1932) is still acting. Writer and actor Milt Larsen (wiki, b. 1931) seems to have gone quiet lately. 

That's all I could find.

Milt Larsen very quiet. He's dead: https://abc7.com/milt-larsen-hollywood-magic-castle-obituary/13315963/

• Like 6
  • Shocked 1

On 27/05/2023 at 15:56, DoorSlammer said:

Roger Corman made an appearance at Cannes today and I think he looks great for 97

Apparently, Corman plans to continue working for "a few more years".

American choreographer Dee Dee Wood (Wikidead at 95

She and her husband Marc Breaux, choreographed numerous films like Mary PoppinsThe Happiest Millionaire, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, The Sound of Music, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang etc.

Quite silent and off from press, compared to her ex-husband when he died!

Photos of Dee Dee Wood on myCast - Fan Casting Your Favorite Stories           Marc Breaux dies at 89; choreographed 'Mary Poppins,' 'Sound of Music' -  Los Angeles Times

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

American choreographer Dee Dee Wood (Wikidead at 95

She and her husband Marc Breaux, choreographed numerous films like Mary PoppinsThe Happiest Millionaire, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, The Sound of Music, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang etc.

Quite silent and off from press, compared to her ex-husband when he died!

Photos of Dee Dee Wood on myCast - Fan Casting Your Favorite Stories           Marc Breaux dies at 89; choreographed 'Mary Poppins,' 'Sound of Music' -  Los Angeles Times

Link is paywalled unfortunately.

On 17/09/2022 at 23:35, The Daredevil said:

Barry Newman (83) is worryingly quiet these days...

Now Barry Newman is worryingly dead.

DDP pick. The article confirms he was born in 1930, not the 1938 reported everywhere.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, tracy said:

Now Barry Newman is worryingly dead.

92 instead of 84 too.

Ed Gale, the actor that played Chucky in-suit and for stunts, got exposed by Fox News LA in April for chatting up underage boys online (video).

He's still hooked up on oxygen and has been for at least 5 years due to chronic lung disease. He's been describing it as terminal since 2018 and rarely leaves bed. 

As reported elsewhere, American film and television actress Noreen Nash (wikidead at 99.

6Rgbuk0GW5Osr6538E5PZpadcYd.jpg.600552d712ce66b638a3735e87db690a.jpg

Starred alongside the likes of Mickey Rooney, Marilyn Monroe, Terry Moore, Darryl Hickman etc. One of the last surviving actors from the 1956 James Dean/Rock Hudson/Liz Taylor flick "Giant".

Also the fourth and final wife of Hollywood legend James Whitemore (wiki), who predeceased her in 2009.

5cdfdf9ed5893-1.jpg.6afc44b377251d28d101aecb9b5a0839.jpg

PS: Nash's mother, Gail Roth died in 1998, also aged 99.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Three Hollywood actors born in 1924 remain: Eve Marie Saint, Ted Hartley and Maria Riva.

Hope the last one standing is not Riva who is the most insignificant of them.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, drol said:

Three Hollywood actors born in 1924 remain: Eve Marie Saint, Ted Hartley and Maria Riva.

Gloria Stroock, Priscilla Pointer, Joyce Randolph and Woody Woodbury had Hollywood credits, albeit not during the Golden Age (which I assume is what you were referring to in your post).

• Like 2

Hartley born in 1924 or 1934? From this interview he says he joined the military at 14 more or less and according to Wiki that was 1949...

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, drol said:

Riva is also one of the last surviving silent era star, according to IMDb she appeared in a documentary at the age of 4 in 1928

Better Call Saul actor Paul Geoffrey dead of cancer at 68:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/us-celebrity-news/breaking-better-call-saul-paul-30200624

Geoffrey's most important credit was in the movie Excalibur (1981).

So, I guess I could have had two hits now if I had gone through with my idea of a Breaking Bad Theme Team.

• Like 1

Treat Williams dead at 71 after motorcycle accident.

• Like 9
  • Sad 3
  • Shocked 5