Guest IYG

Hollywood Possibilities

Don Knotts - even though he's not 85, he's had complications after having a bowel resection, has macular degeneration and has been deemed too frail to travel.

Looks like that's a point for MBH2.

Aside from needlessly pointing that out, I've noticed that out of the mentioned people on this thread, only Robert Wise died and Charleton Heston was placed on the list. Just thought reviving this would be a nice reminded to anyone in need.

• Like 1

Jules Drassin...director...b. 1911

Kitty Carlisle...panalist...b.1910

Bruce Bennett...bit actor...b.1906

Old, old Hollywood figures. But might get a three-quarter inch obit somewhere in England.

Jules Drassin...director...b. 1911

Kitty Carlisle...panalist...b.1910

Bruce Bennett...bit actor...b.1906

Old, old Hollywood figures. But might get a three-quarter inch obit somewhere in England.

Kitty Carslisle, as per a news article I posted somewhere on the site, is still giving interviews and performing.

In all fairness though, I hope that I'm proven wrong, since she's on my DDP. She's had a long good life.

Glynis Johns - b.1923

Clive Dunn- b.1920

Bill Pertwee- b. 1926

Not sure if any of those can be classed as Hollywood actors/actresses :angry:

This thread is all over the place. Wish people would keep to topic indicated. Anyways rant over!!Actual Hollywood possibilties over 85 (what the thread is actually about in first place!!!!!!!!)

Over ninety

Charles Lane

Ernest Borgnine

Luise Rainer

Gloria Stuart

Tony Martin (Rose in titanic)

Jane Wyman

Between eighty five and ninety

Cyd Charrisse

Olivia de Havilland

Joan Fontaine

June Allyson

Lena Horne

Celeste Holm

Kirk Douglas :angry:

Kathryn Grayson

Maureen ohara

Jennifer Jones

Janis Paige (at laest think she is still alive)

Yvonne de carlo

Janis Paige still seems to be alive according to imdb.com

She was last in an episode of "Family Law" in 2001

This thread is all over the place. Wish people would keep to topic indicated. Anyways rant over!!Actual Hollywood possibilties over 85 (what the thread is actually about in first place!!!!!!!!)

Over ninety

Ernest Borgnine

I can't remember Tony Martin's performace as Rose in Titanic :angry:

Ernest Borgnine was 89 in January. He is not over 90

Over ninety

Ernest Borgnine

I can't remember Tony Martin's performace as Rose in Titanic :angry:

Tony Martin as Rose? I just might have to watch that movie after all... :D

Also, you missed Anita Page (95 going 96), Barbara Kent (99 going 100) and Anita Page (95 going 96) and probably more I can't think of at the moment.

I can't remember Tony Martin's performace as Rose in Titanic :banghead:

Oops that was meant to be next to Gloria Stuart who played old Rose in titanic an was a relatively famous 1930s actress.

I also missed Evelyn Keyes

Dulcie Gray

Googie Withers

Esther Williams

Jane Russel

Over ninety

Ernest Borgnine

I can't remember Tony Martin's performace as Rose in Titanic :banghead:

Tony Martin as Rose? I just might have to watch that movie after all... :banghead:

Also, you missed Anita Page (95 going 96), Barbara Kent (99 going 100) and Anita Page (95 going 96) and probably more I can't think of at the moment.

CP,

Don't forget abot Anita Page too :D

Over ninety

Ernest Borgnine

I can't remember Tony Martin's performace as Rose in Titanic :P

Tony Martin as Rose? I just might have to watch that movie after all... :lol:

CP,

Don't forget abot Anita Page too :D

Oh drat. The second Anita Page should have been... someone else that I can't remember anymore...

Today is the 96th birthday of film actress Anita Page. I stumbled across her RDP profile, and it's quite a good read for a few minutes - http://www.nndb.com/people/928/000066730/

Went to her website, though I couldn't see where you could send her emails that she'd reply to, and I don't feel like doling out $45.00 for an autographed picture (though the pack rat side of me was tempted). Apparentely though, she's healthy and spry.

If my inner pack rat gets the best of me, I'll let you know, though perhaps I'll ask for a current picture instead of an old one. :lol:

How exciting would it be if they decided to do a big Holloywood movie starring some of the all time greats. Sort of like Coccoon but with the added element of some hot sex scenes . I reckon Luise Rainer and say Tony Martin would have to be the leads in a story of sex, betryal and intrigue for the over nineties. Full frontal nudity and closeup sex scenes being key elements of the plot.Just too please the older fans they would be some big scale musical numbers were the likes of Cyd Charrisse and Doris Day would hobble on croak a tune and exit.

Sound like a box office smash?Come on some one out there must be willing to fund the whole enterprise.

How exciting would it be if they decided to do a big Holloywood movie starring some of the all time greats. Sort of like Coccoon but with the added element of some hot sex scenes . I reckon Luise Rainer and say Tony Martin would have to be the leads in a story of sex, betryal and intrigue for the over nineties. Full frontal nudity and closeup sex scenes being key elements of the plot.Just too please the older fans they would be some big scale musical numbers were the likes of Cyd Charrisse and Doris Day would hobble on croak a tune and exit.

Sound like a box office smash?Come on some one out there must be willing to fund the whole enterprise.

It's a great idea. There's still a decent cast list that can be assembled.

Finally, we'd have a movie that showed modern moviegoers what real acting is.

S'pose the only thing that might scupper it is insurance costs?

Well poor old Jane Wyatt wont be able to make appearence any more, shame. Good innings though 96. Am sure trekkies everywere are in mourning as another of the celebrated caste departs this earthly plain. Oh and before anyone grumbles I realise her death will have been commented on in near misses etc

Not quite on topic, but close enough. Article on oldest living TV stars.

Setting aside the obvious fact that "TV star" should be more properly translated "American TV star," I'm not sure it's entirely correct, but I'm too lazy check. If nothing else, Charles Lane should be worthy of consideration.

Anyhow, just thought I'd put it out there.

Not quite on topic, but close enough. Article on oldest living TV stars.

Setting aside the obvious fact that "TV star" should be more properly translated "American TV star," I'm not sure it's entirely correct, but I'm too lazy check. If nothing else, Charles Lane should be worthy of consideration.

Anyhow, just thought I'd put it out there.

Here's the end quote:

''There is one TV legend, though, who’s older than all of them. He’s Frank Stanton, one of the giants of TV history who was president of CBS from 1946 to 1971. He’s still alive, if not quite kicking, at age 98''.

Hmmm...sounds like one for the Deathlist. One additional peice of trivia regarding Mr Stanton: It was he who devised the Presidential debates on television. :ghost:

This jurno chap did not dig very deeply! No mention of Karl Malden who was born in 1912.

This jurno chap did not dig very deeply! No mention of Karl Malden who was born in 1912.

The great man is not so active these days, but interestingly is a member of the Citizens' Stamp Advisory Committee (along with former vice presidential first lady Joan Mondale). This body of notables meets four times yearly in Washington, D.C and reviews proposals submitted for new US stamp designs.

I propose he deserves to be on one himself!

Just seen that Celeste Holm has just turned 90 and is still going. In fact, at 87 she married for the fourth time, this latest husband being an opera singer 46 years her junior. Noted for having won an oscar in 1947 and for never missing a chance to let the world know what a talentless piece of self-centred crap Marilyn Monroe was, not that she was bitter after working with her on All About Eve, or owt.

Oh aye, and mebbe we should rename this thread.

Thread renamed about 30 seconds after I suggested, now that's service!

Today is the 96th birthday of film actress Anita Page. I stumbled across her RDP profile, and it's quite a good read for a few minutes - http://www.nndb.com/people/928/000066730/

Went to her website, though I couldn't see where you could send her emails that she'd reply to, and I don't feel like doling out $45.00 for an autographed picture (though the pack rat side of me was tempted). Apparentely though, she's healthy and spry.

If my inner pack rat gets the best of me, I'll let you know, though perhaps I'll ask for a current picture instead of an old one. ;)

Anita Page no longer meriting consideration (I thought there was a specific thread for silent film actors but can't seem to find it).

Cinematographer Gilbert Taylor was looking quite wizened when I saw him on Paul Merton's programme about Alfred Hitchcock, but then he was born in 1914. Might be one to keep an eye on.

• Like 1

Saw a very good Beeb documentary tonight about The Andrews Sisters.

The sole surviving sister,Patty, celebrated her 90th birthday last month.

Cant find any up to date pics of her but, in fairness, she has to go sooner rather than later.