Guest IYG

Hollywood Possibilities

Brad William Henke dead at 56.

Former NFL player who segued to acting and appeared in TV series including Orange Is the New Black, Justified and Lost and such films as Pacific Rim and World Trade Center.

• Like 5

James "Jimmy" Ning, the actor who played Duane Chow in Breaking Bad, dead.

I'm surprised nobody is talking about this, considering the popularity of the show.

• Like 3

He was a bit part local actor from Albuquerque who appeared briefly in two episodes of Breaking Bad. Can't work out how folk night have missed this.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, When The said:

James "Jimmy" Ning, the actor who played Duane Chow in Breaking Bad, dead.

I'm surprised nobody is talking about this, considering the popularity of the show.

I watched the whole series once, I recall Duane Chow was not in many episodes but to me was one of the more memorable minor characters along with the toilet defibrillator guy and some of the methheads.

Around 2:12 onwards:

Cliff Emmich, the character actor from Payday, Thunderbolt and Lightfoot, Halloween II and Little House on the Prairie, dead at 85.

Notable for his very large frame (he was typecast as The Fat Guy more often than not). Quite an age for him to reach!

rsz_638aac21eb87e.png

• Like 2

5 hours ago, msc said:

He was a bit part local actor from Albuquerque who appeared briefly in two episodes of Breaking Bad. Can't work out how folk night have missed this.

This coming from someone who would probably flag up the demise of an actor who appeared in a single episode of sixties Doctor Who........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bibliogryphon said:

This coming from someone who would probably flag up the demise of an actor who appeared in a single episode of sixties Doctor Who........

Tbf, that’s not msc’s point… the original poster asked how it was possible it went off radar and he was giving the answer.

Plus Doctor Who has a huge cult following hence why every cast member is accounted for. Breaking Bad does not.

• Like 1

Oh don't worry, if I find out someone like Gordon Faith died you'll all hear about it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Kirstie Alley dead at 71.

• Sad 5
  • Shocked 26

That is a shock!

• Like 1

Look Who's Not Talking.

That's the second female lead opposite Travolta in a major film to die in just a number of months. Plus he starred opposite wife Kelly Preston in The Experts (1989) and she died in 2020.

40 minutes ago, Sean said:

That is a shock!

Yes, a real shock- and very sad as well- an excellent actress who had a pretty sad life- sorry to see her go

47 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Look Who's Not Talking.

That's the second female lead opposite Travolta in a major film to die in just a number of months. Plus he starred opposite wife Kelly Preston in The Experts (1989) and she died in 2020.

Also lost his then girlfriend Diana Hyland to breast cancer in 1977. She had starred as his mother in 'The Boy in the Plastic Bubble"!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tracy said:

Kirstie Alley dead at 71.

Oh that is so sad. What a personality.

5 hours ago, Sean said:

That is a shock!

Understatement of the year.  

I can't even say which death surprised and shocked me more this year: Irene Cara or now Kirstie Alley :(

2 minutes ago, Book said:

I can't even say which death surprised and shocked me more this year: Irene Cara or now Kirstie Alley :(

Maybe you should vote in the award 2022 thread :D 

I'm not shocked tbh? Nearly picked her in the punt pool. Always struck me as the type to try and cure cancer with prayers and that bleach water.

• Like 3

Huge shock! Totally unexpected. Despite our past time, always impressed by celebrities who manage to keep their battles secret and just slip away without fanfare, even if it makes their deaths more shocking. Alan Rickman, David Bowie and Victoria Wood immediately spring to mind.

Too young for Cheers the first time round but seen it since (excellent), my first exposure to her was a starring role in the best Star Trek film, The Wrath of Khan as Spock's protégé, Lt. Saavik. Rest in Peace, Kirstie.

16 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Maybe you should vote in the award 2022 thread :D 

I will do.

But now Irene Cara has got competition ;)

• Like 1