Guest IYG

Hollywood Possibilities

Film historians Austin & Howard Mutti-Mewse announce the death of actress Joan Huntington (IMDb).

Died on June 26th in Palm Springs, California, aged 87.

Roles included Bewitched, The New Dick Van Dyke Show, The Honkers, Bonanza and Perry Mason.

Though perhaps better known for her decade-long affair with Orson Welles.

8421.jpg.8f2147bb6405f945729d3641e95c1e34.jpg

• Like 4

Actor and Emmy-Winner Peter Scolari, who played yuppie TV producer Michael Harris on the series Newhart and also had roles in Honey, I Shrunk the Kids: The TV show and Bosom Buddies, died at 66 years:  https://deadline.com/2021/10/peter-scolari-dead-obituary-bosom-buddies-newhart-girls-actor-was-66-1234860691/

In 2012, he began a recurring role as the father on HBO's Girls. He provided his voice in the 2004 animated film The Polar Express.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

Val Bisoglio, previously mentioned in these parts in the deadpool detective work thread, has died aged 95.

• Like 4

Facebook post reporting the death (back on September 9th) of Hollywood actress Magda Harout (IMDb), aged 95. The post is from her granddaughter.

Had roles in TV and film from 1959 to 2013, including The Golden Girls, Everybody Loves Raymond, Dr. Kildare, Newhart, Without a Trace, Six Feet Under, and Seinfeld.

Mentioned on my IMDb list in the Detective thread.

1272743781_MV5BZjA5NGJhMzctMmU2YS00MmE4LWFmZmUtYjlmMjQ1Mzg3NTMzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzk3NTUwOQ@@._V1_UY317_CR650214317_AL_.jpg.6d2d091aa112b59655bf94f8407d7ac2.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Facebook post reporting the death (back on September 9th) of Hollywood actress Magda Harout (IMDb), aged 95. The post is from her granddaughter.

Had roles in TV and film from 1959 to 2013, including The Golden Girls, Everybody Loves Raymond, Dr. Kildare, Newhart, Without a Trace, Six Feet Under, and Seinfeld.

Mentioned on my IMDb list in the Detective thread.

1272743781_MV5BZjA5NGJhMzctMmU2YS00MmE4LWFmZmUtYjlmMjQ1Mzg3NTMzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzk3NTUwOQ@@._V1_UY317_CR650214317_AL_.jpg.6d2d091aa112b59655bf94f8407d7ac2.jpg

image.png.30a3872ac85e18e5d7a231e8cc77f8f2.png

3 minutes ago, drol said:

image.png.30a3872ac85e18e5d7a231e8cc77f8f2.png

Do you have any deaths that are more exciting to report?

Some more Indian governors or Vietnamese generals perhaps? No? Well wheesht then.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Do you have any deaths that are more exciting to report?

Some more Indian governors or Vietnamese generals perhaps? No? Well wheesht then.

Wish I had them!

The harsh reality is no one is dying in this fucking October and 2021 has been delusional in general.

Statistically, this Octobre is not that bad. We could still get to about 20 hits. Rose Lee Maphis and Maire Mhac T'saoi (?) are still waiting for obits. Even the annual record is not totally out of reach. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, drol said:

Wish I had them!

The harsh reality is no one is dying in this fucking October and 2021 has been delusional in general.

My aunt died in this fucking October. I mean, she wasn't famous (except to me) and you didn't know her and I'm not mad or anything but you know, the "no one is dying" meme is always open to being a bit of an own goal tbh.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, msc said:

My aunt died in this fucking October. I mean, she wasn't famous (except to me) and you didn't know her and I'm not mad or anything but you know, the "no one is dying" meme is always open to being a bit of an own goal tbh.

Sorry for your loss.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, msc said:

Sorry to hear that. 

• Thanks 1

Camille Saviola, a Woody Allen favourite, appearing in Broadway Danny Rose and The Purple Rose Of Cairo but also in Addams Family Values and Last Exit To Brooklyn, reportedly dead: https://deadline.com/2021/10/camille-saviola-dead-obituary-star-trek-deep-space-nine-broadway-actor-was-71-1234864824/

Played the not insignificant role of Kai Opaka in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and you know what I'm going to say - a Scavvy Hunt miss. 

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0767779/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Arthur Forrest, who worked in the television industry for 75 years, beginning with the long-defunct DuMont network, eventually going on to direct the Dick Cavett Show and later long associated with ABC (American network) reality series like That's Incredible and Who's Line is it Anyway, has died. He was 95.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/3968300/arthur-forrest-dead-whose-line-is-it-anyway/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=sunustwitter&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1635641414-3

• Like 1

9 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Arthur Forrest, who worked in the television industry for 75 years, beginning with the long-defunct DuMont network, eventually going on to direct the Dick Cavett Show and later long associated with ABC (American network) reality series like That's Incredible and Who's Line is it Anyway, has died. He was 95.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/3968300/arthur-forrest-dead-whose-line-is-it-anyway/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=sunustwitter&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1635641414-3

News to me that there was a U.S. edition of The Sun! How long has this been around for?

I was aware of Scottish, Ulster and Irish editions.

13 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

How many people who worked for the DuMont Network are still around? I have to imagine he was one of the last.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustPassingThrough said:

How many people who worked for the DuMont Network are still around? I have to imagine he was one of the last.

I started looking into survivors of DuMont programs a few years back, around early 2018 I think... can't mind if I still have any of my research. Definitely remember Larry Storch being one though.

• Like 2

Linda Carlson (wiki), American film and television actress, dead at 76, from ALS.

Notable roles in Honey, I Blew Up the Kid (1992) and The Beverly Hillbillies (1993).

mv5bzjdmytq1mwetnjq4mi00otg3lt.jpg.d693320e613fb7d23d3e463b782c2b34.jpg

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Linda Carlson (wiki), American film and television actress, dead at 76, from ALS.

Notable roles in Honey, I Blew Up the Kid (1992) and The Beverly Hillbillies (1993).

mv5bzjdmytq1mwetnjq4mi00otg3lt.jpg.d693320e613fb7d23d3e463b782c2b34.jpg

She also appeared in a few episodes of Newhart as Bob Newhart's station manager which is what I know her best as.

Estelle Parsons turns 94 tomorrow:

A reply thankfully mentions that Estelle's husband, Peter Zimroth, has just passed away.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Estelle Parsons turns 94 tomorrow:

A reply thankfully mentions that Estelle's husband, Peter Zimroth, has just passed away.

I think they could put her on the main list at some point. She is an Oscar winner for an iconic film so is famous enough.

Her husband was notable in his own regard and got a NYT Obit.

Art LaFleur, the prolific American character actor known for his roles in "Cobra", "Field of Dreams", "Air America", "Forever Young" or "The Sandlot" (where he was Babe Ruth), passed away on Wednesday, November 17th at the age of 78 after battling Parkinson's disease for 10 years:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/celebrities/16793404/art-lafleur-dead-sandlot-passes-away-parkinsons-disease/

art-lafleur.jpg.6e66a217b250bc3ed6d507869d9b0720.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MariNisia said:

Art LaFleur, the prolific American character actor known for his roles in "Cobra", "Field of Dreams", "Air America", "Forever Young" or "The Sandlot" (where he was Babe Ruth), passed away on Wednesday, November 17th at the age of 78 after battling Parkinson's disease for 10 years:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/celebrities/16793404/art-lafleur-dead-sandlot-passes-away-parkinsons-disease/

-----snip

Pretty impressive when you realize his acting career only started at age 32. Recognized his face right away. RIP

• Like 1