Sign in to follow this  
football_fan

Prince Ernst August of Hanover

Prince Ernst August of Hanover, husband of Princess Caroline and son-in law of the late Prince Rainier of Monaco, was admitted to hospital with pancreas pains on Monday. On Tuesday, his condition worsened and he slipped into a deep coma a few hours before Prince Rainier died. Could he be meeting his maker soon?

Prince of Hanover in coma in Monaco

Guest iain

The husband of Princess Caroline of Monaco, Prince Ernst August of Hanover, has been taken into intensive care with an acute illness of the pancreas.Princess Caroline's father, Prince Rainier, died only two days ago and his funeral is due to be held on 15 April at the principality's cathedral.

A statement from the royal palace said the prince's condition was serious and he needed constant medical attention

more at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4426171.stm

{topic merged HCW}

Death Watch Beatle Posted on Apr 8 2005, 07:17 PM

Where's Gloomy?

DWB

Yes i was abit slow on that wasn't i. Don't orry you will be pleased with the selection of Photo's of the Funeral in the Pope's link.

• Like 1

The husband of Princess Caroline of Monaco, Prince Ernst August of Hanover, has been taken into intensive care with an acute illness of the pancreas.Princess Caroline's father, Prince Rainier, died only two days ago and his funeral is due to be held on 15 April at the principality's cathedral.

A statement from the royal palace said the prince's condition was serious and he needed constant medical attention

{topic merged HCW}

As chance would have it, I'm going to see Ernst August and his lovely wife Caroline tomorrow, and I intend to do my absolute damndest to get a chance to ask him how he's feeling these days.

Expect a report here soon.

01.jpg

As you can see, the man who is 240th in line to the British throne looks like he takes a fair bucket.

So I guess he will not be meeting his maker anytime soon. :o

{topic merged HCW}

As chance would have it, I'm going to see Ernst August and his lovely wife Caroline tomorrow, and I intend to do my absolute damndest to get a chance to ask him how he's feeling these days.

Expect a report here soon.

01.jpg

As you can see, the man who is 240th in line to the British throne looks like he takes a fair bucket.

Couldn't you slip him some sort of pill that gives him a slow death, preferably at least 2 months incubation, so he can be included in next years list?

According to this article, Ernst is a MONSTER!

Couldn't you slip him some sort of pill that gives him a slow death, preferably at least 2 months incubation, so he can be included in next years list?

No need for anything so sinister; it looks like an invitation to the pub would do the trick. Prince Ernst August can't say 'No' to an invitation to go drinking.

Notapotato could take him down to meet the Mods at their ususal watering hole... :o;)

Slip him a pill? I didn't think Death List members were supposed to be that pro-active.

Acute pancreatitis isn't usually deadly if people have good medical attention, but if the guy can't stop drinking he's going to be in a lot of trouble health-wise.

At this rate, Princess Caroline is going to start rivalling Henry VIII for number of spouses.

Well their Royal Highnesses didn't turn up.

Had an urgent appointment on a different continent apparently. Still I daresay there will be a next time.

Sorry to dissappoint. ;)

Well their Royal Highnesses didn't turn up.

Had an urgent appointment on a different continent apparently. Still I daresay there will be a next time.

Sorry to dissappoint.  ;)

He's a Royal Highness, she's a Serene Highness.

Now as she's married to a Royal Highness does that mean she's a Serene Royal Highness or a Royal Serene Highness.

Where's Elspeth when you need her.

Tempus, I had to read your post a couple of times before I realised you were asking questions.

I hate to be pedantic ;) but questions like to have these things at the end of them:

?

One is enough per question usually.

Since at the moment she's the heir to the Principality of Monaco, her title is Her Serene Highness the Hereditary Princess of Monaco. Because of her marriage to the Prince of Hanover, she's styled Her Royal Highness the Princess of Hanover. However, this isn't an actual title because royal titles aren't legal in Germany (at least, I think that's how it is); it's more a sort of fictional courtesy type of thing. So, legally she's a Serene Highness but she's styled a Royal Highness.

Guest Justinian III

I know this conversation is almost a year old, but I thought I'd add some facts. Princess Caroline is officially styled Her Royal Highness The Princess of Hanover, Hereditary Princess of Monaco. Her Royal Highness trumps Her Serene Highness, so she is known by the greater of the two. While royal titles and styles were banned in Germany after 1918, the Principality of Monaco recognizes the titles of Prince Ernst August V of Hanover and the Princess of Hanover.

Princess Antoinette of Monaco dies aged 90

From Wikipeadia:

The older sister of Prince Rainier, "Princess Antoinette is known to be somewhat eccentric, even having been described as "completely mad" by her servants. Having been banished from Monaco in the late 1950s, she lives down the coast from Monaco at Èze, with a large collection of dogs and cats".

Lad!:party:

• Haha 1

To be honest if my son miraculously gets married I  would get shit faced too.

• Haha 1

A more recent picture:

image.png.bdbfd0898debf3ca83bb943e011ecfc6.png

He had a stint in a mental institution for a short while and is currently being sued for violent behaviour.

• Like 1

Unlikely he was the inspiration for Eugenie naming her boy August.

https://mobil.mopo.de/news/promi-show/prozessauftakt--pruegelprinz--ernst-august-von-hannover--ihm-droht-der-knast--38213146

Once again in legal trouble. Can't find an English version of this article but he was apparently threathening people with a knife and screamed at the people trying to help him. I read from another place that his house was full of alcohol bottles and there were a lot of opened painkiller packages on a table.

I was in Hanover until midday today. Missed my chance to ..uhh... see him.