Sign in to follow this  
3minutes2midnight

Ending accusations of cherry-picking

Looking over OMJ and Terminator's postings, I notice they are all made between the hours of 11am and 6pm. More at lunchtime than at any other time. This implies that they are colleagues at some place of employment.

Well done Mr Notapotato, you've worked it out. You may look like a potato but most of the people on this site seem to have the intelligence of a potato!

Hardly rocket science. I'd even add that the odds are good you're public servants. Something in Health springs to mind. <_<

• Like 1

Terminator/One Man Jury, a couple of points:

1) It hasn't gone unnoticed that you're the same person, posting from the same IP address, often switching from one ID to the other within minutes. Heck, you even argue with yourself sometimes. <_<

2) Can you tell the OMJ side of your split personality to be a little less negative? This is meant to be a light-hearted forum. Thanks. :)

I resisted for a while, but here goes....

Rude Kid, you obviously have the analytical grasp of an amoeba. How can you jump to simplistic conclusions like that? It's a form of deluded arrogance, you know. ;)

Guest One Man Jury
Terminator/One Man Jury, a couple of points:

1) It hasn't gone unnoticed that you're the same person, posting from the same IP address, often switching from one ID to the other within minutes.  Heck, you even argue with yourself sometimes. <_<

2) Can you tell the OMJ side of your split personality to be a little less negative?  This is meant to be a light-hearted forum.  Thanks. :)

I resisted for a while, but here goes....

Rude Kid, you obviously have the analytical grasp of an amoeba. How can you jump to simplistic conclusions like that? It's a form of deluded arrogance, you know. ;)

Tin hats on Gents.

I would also definitely agree that they are 2 different people. Their postings are vastly different and not everyone has the luxury of having their own distinct IP address.

I would also definitely agree that they are 2 different people. Their postings are vastly different and not everyone has the luxury of having their own distinct IP address.

Thank you, football fan. <_<

I'm surprised that this doesn't happen more often.

What with people using public libraries say.(although some do block deathlist)

And...thank you too, questy. <_<

Guest One Man Jury

And...thank you too, questy. <_<

Not like you Terminator. Back to the insults please! And no, I don't want an insult in reply.

Blimey, I go away for a couple of days and it all kicks off!

OK, my mistake about the single/dual identity thing - happy to say I'm not an IT nerd, so I bow to others' superior knowledge of IP addresses and proxies and all that.

But I notice you haven't addressed my accusation of negativity. You in particular, OMJ - you never start new topics, but you often wade into other people's and make some totally unnecessary and unfunny comment. I mean, what's to be gained from replying "Yawn" to someone's post? If it doesn't interest you, just move on.

A couple of other recent examples that spring to mind:

Dirty Den thread

QEII thread

So how about proving that you do have some hidden originality and humour somewhere within you after all? Start a thread on a (preferably death-related...) subject that interests you, and we'll all see what we think of it.

I would also definitely agree that they are 2 different people.  Their postings are vastly different and not everyone has the luxury of having their own distinct IP address.

I would have to disagree with you Football Fan. Posts by OMJ/T are very similar in style, tone and content. The level of repetition alone would suggest that if they are not the same author, there exists a very close collaboration (he/she/they seem to like that word for some reason :P ).

A bit of a 'who typed it?' mystery.

For two people to join this forum within 24 hours of each other and share the same fixations would seem unlikely, but possible. An author of Graham Greene's ability could not prevent his increasing fixation with Catholicism seep into his writing to the detriment of the novel, 'The End Of The Affair'. With OMJ/T this fixation is nationalism and their sexuality.

Although of course T is Irish, and OMJ is British, and they posted at exactly the same time today so they can't be the same person, can they? ;)

Still, no crime has been commited, except perhaps 'incitement to racial hatred'. (The 'charactor' of OMJ is a clumsy attempt to make any overseas reader hate the British, which of course we don't). Multiple identities already exist on this forum I'm sure, and if they are entertaining, so what? Without OMJ on the General Pinochet thread who would have criticized someone's illiteracy with a spelling mistake, a classic :D

Just a thought of course :P

I hope you and Mrs Football Fan are well, and still enjoying married life. ;)

So how about proving that you do have some hidden originality and humour somewhere within you after all?

I thought this was pretty funny from OMJ in the Corrie the Corrado thread...

std_1969_Sunbeam_Rapier_-LF-6.jpg

Look, the man in the picture has just put Mr Notapotato in the boot of the car!

Guest One Man Jury
Blimey, I go away for a couple of days and it all kicks off!

OK, my mistake about the single/dual identity thing - happy to say I'm not an IT nerd, so I bow to others' superior knowledge of IP addresses and proxies and all that.

But I notice you haven't addressed my accusation of negativity. You in particular, OMJ - you never start new topics, but you often wade into other people's and make some totally unnecessary and unfunny comment. I mean, what's to be gained from replying "Yawn" to someone's post? If it doesn't interest you, just move on.

A couple of other recent examples that spring to mind:

Dirty Den thread

QEII thread

So how about proving that you do have some hidden originality and humour somewhere within you after all? Start a thread on a (preferably death-related...) subject that interests you, and we'll all see what we think of it.

What rubbish you and others come out with.

My inspired postings have produced responses that contradict your view.

I have a duty to put up postings that insult half-witted people, and they work. The evidence of this is that they just can't help replying when they see my considered views. I'm awaiting your response by the way! ;)

Anyway, I have stated before that I am not Terminator in some disguise but sad dummies on this forum just won't accept it.

Regardless of what you've said, I'd guess that you are one of those people who sit in front of their computer all day analysing this kind of rubbish; the sort of person who can accurately tell you the number of pubic hairs they had last week as opposed to this week.

Anyway, in true OMJ fashion, may I suggest you go away again - how about off the planet you vomit-stain on humanity!

Guest One Man Jury
The 'charactor' of OMJ is a clumsy attempt to make any overseas reader hate the British, which of course we don't).

Me clumsy?

It's not designed to make them hate us or me but to show how contemptible they are - and it works.

Regardless of what you've said, I'd guess that you are one of those people who sit in front of their computer all day analysing this kind of rubbish; the sort of person who can accurately tell you the number of pubic hairs they had last week as opposed to this week.

Can anyone recommend a pubic hair counting software package, as I've been using Pubelook but like all MS stuff doesn't quite reach the standard (although it did find a couple of very short ones in Michael Jackson's inbox)....

2 down on last week if anyone's interested, although the grey ones are increasing in number.

Can anyone recommend a pubic hair counting software package, as I've been using Pubelook but like all MS stuff doesn't quite reach the standard (although it did find a couple of very short ones in Michael Jackson's inbox)....

2 down on last week if anyone's interested, although the grey ones are increasing in number.

I saw my first grey pubic hair the other day!! ;) I was shocked to say the least. It was in a kebab I was eating. :D

Guest One Man Jury

I saw my first grey pubic hair the other day!! :D I was shocked to say the least. It was in a kebab I was eating. ;)

It might have been one of Mortician's. Yuk!

I saw my first grey pubic hair the other day!! :D I was shocked to say the least. It was in a kebab I was eating. ;)

It might have been one of Mortician's. Yuk!

Now you mention it Mrs Mort said she could taste chilli sauce....

My heartfelt (well down a bit from there) apologies Honez. I'll be straight out to buy some 'Just For Men' shoe polish so they'll not stand out so much in future

Fascinating tho all this is.....

I'd quite to go back to where this all started, ie the actuary idea.... which is, I would submit, my lord, utter bo*locks of the greatest weight and circumference.

Firstly, there's the nationality point: doing a quick count up I reckon there are about 20 Yanks and 15 Brits in the list and all the others are "one-offs" ranging from Afganisthan to Austria by way of Argentina and India. Obviously all these countries have wildly differing average life expectancies so an average is pretty meaningless even if weighted by country.

Second - and far more interesting - the celebs on the list have specific high risk and low risk factors - at its simplest, most are worth a few quid so can afford top-end medical treatment - plus will have been able to enjoy better diet, health, fitness throughout most of their lives than someone living in, say, a Santiago tower block or up the Khyber Pass (ahem...).

However, the downside is that celeb status, despite giving the opportunity to be very healthy, long lived etc, also gives the chance to get trashed every night, do tons of drugs, have ostentatious nervous breakdowns, drive fast cars and generally act the t*at.

Now I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that per se. God knows. However, celebs can do it all the time without the inconvenience of having to get up for the bloody tube in the morning, which probably puts most of us off the drink, drugs, etc to quite the same extent. Consequently, there is no realistic chance of correlating the "average" celeb life expectancy with even a national average.

A final point which makes a statistical approach irrelevant is that a lot are subject to higher risks of assasination than Joe Bloggs - either for political reasons or out of general looniness. This again skews the average - Khazai being the most egregegious example.

Now does all that mean I should or should not be spending the weekend train spotting?

Now does all that mean I should or should not be spending the weekend train spotting?

I believe the answer must be......yes. ;)

A final point which makes a statistical approach irrelevant is that a lot are subject to higher risks of assasination than Joe Bloggs - either for political reasons or out of general looniness.  This again skews the average - Khazai being the most egregegious example.

Except the ones that have significant risk of assassination, would be on the list for that reason only.

Old has-been politicos tend to have a low assassination risk.

It's a well known fact that no one bothers to assassinate ex-US President's for instance.

A more general problem with deathlist is the fact that people tend to drop out of the public eye for the last 20 years of their lives. So you know little of their health until the obituary appears.

The evidence of this is that they just can't help replying when they see my considered views. I'm awaiting your response by the way!  :P

A rude bunch on this site. No one has responded to your post. Perhaps I'm the only half-wit on here, or maybe everyone else is bored with the subject. :P

I have a couple of responses to make to your post, which, as someone of your intelligence would know is the purpose of a forum.

Firstly, it would appear that I am one of a minority that actually finds your stream of consciousness interesting.

Secondly, I am amazed how seriously some people take this forum; which is after all a light-hearted look at death. :P

P.S. I'm sure it does not apply to you, but, this thing you have with vomit could be interpreted as subconscious self loathing. Just a thought of course. :P

Guest One Man Jury
A rude bunch on this site. No one has responded to your post. Perhaps I'm the only half-wit on here, or maybe everyone else is bored with the subject. :P

I have a couple of responses to make to your post, which, as someone of your intelligence would know is the purpose of a forum.

Firstly, it would appear that I am one of a minority that actually finds your stream of consciousness interesting.

Secondly, I am amazed how seriously some people take this forum; which is after all a light-hearted look at death. :P

P.S. I'm sure it does not apply to you, but, this thing you have with vomit could be interpreted as subconscious self loathing. Just a thought of course. :P

You are right. Some people take this forum far too seriously.

They just can't see that my posts are deliberately insulting just to get a nasty response and it hardly ever fails. I can see I have been far too kind and reasonable up to now.

As regards vomit, I think your comments might be regarded as slightly sick............opps! :P

OMJ, we are going to have to stop this bickering or people will start to think we fancy each other.

I would however like to take this opportunity to thank you for your increasingly polite and respectful responses to my posts.

Thank you.

SttG