ixion

Angela Lansbury

On 08/09/2020 at 13:32, Joey Russ said:

Yeah, there are your occasional Charles Aznavour’s and Carl Reiner’s who seem quite active for their age only to snuff it anyways. 

Seems to happen more often to nonagenarian men. My grandfather died aged 94 and was in fantastic health until the last month of his life. A lot more nonagenarian women make it to the hundred. 

I was only watching her yesterday in the 1979 remake of 'The Lady Vanishes' - funny that she was getting 'old lady' parts more than 40 years ago, though she was almost 20 years younger than May Whitty was when she played Miss Froy in the original, and only 13 years older than male lead Elliott Gould. Incidentally, I guess everyone has gone from the '38 film, now? There were no children in it as I recall. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cerberus said:

I was only watching her yesterday in the 1979 remake of 'The Lady Vanishes' - funny that she was getting 'old lady' parts more than 40 years ago, though she was almost 20 years younger than May Whitty was when she played Miss Froy in the original, and only 13 years older than male lead Elliott Gould. Incidentally, I guess everyone has gone from the '38 film, now? There were no children in it as I recall. 

Her character in Death on the Nile (1978) was also quite doddery if not geriatric. Of course she has easily survived at least one of the young bucks from that film (Maccorkindale). 

• Like 1

On 19/09/2020 at 11:26, Deathrace said:

Her character in Death on the Nile (1978) was also quite doddery if not geriatric. Of course she has easily survived at least one of the young bucks from that film (Maccorkindale). 

Jon Finch too.

57 minutes ago, Handrejka said:

Jon Finch too.

True. Could she outpace Mia Farrow or Lois Chiles as well? 

44 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

True. Could she outpace Mia Farrow or Lois Chiles as well? 

Maggie Smith?

Happy Birthday, Dame Angela Lansbury! :birthday: 95 today! :party:

Hardly any news in this BZ report which headlines:

Pension? Are you kidding me? Are you serious when you say that! Angela Lansbury turns 95 and doesn't think about quitting.

From the report:
Crossword puzzles, gardening and her family keep her physically and mentally fit, Lansbury told the Daily Mail. She hardly drinks alcohol and takes a lot of vitamins, and she sleeps well. "If it continues like this, I see no reason not to make it to 98."

https://www.berliner-zeitung.de/kultur-vergnuegen/rente-von-wegen-angela-lansbury-wird-95-und-denkt-nicht-ans-aufhoeren-li.111561

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Book said:

From the report:
Crossword puzzles, gardening and her family keep her physically and mentally fit, Lansbury told the Daily Mail. She hardly drinks alcohol and takes a lot of vitamins, and she sleeps well. "If it continues like this, I see no reason not to make it to 98."

https://www.berliner-zeitung.de/kultur-vergnuegen/rente-von-wegen-angela-lansbury-wird-95-und-denkt-nicht-ans-aufhoeren-li.111561

But it sounds as if there are clear doubts that she could live to 100.

We should keep Angela Lanbury in mind for 2023.

• Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, WEP said:

Stating that you could see 98 is not an expression of doubt for reaching a higher age...

When most people think about the future, they tend to think a few months/years down the road. In a few (3) years she'll be 98. I wouldn't read into it beyond that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Stating that you could see 98 is not an expression of doubt for reaching a higher age...

When most people think about the future, they tend to think a few months/years down the road. In a few (3) years she'll be 98. I wouldn't read into it beyond that.

I agree! May she turn 110.

But in my head, a little deathlister gives me a glimpse of hope.:angel2:

I think she should stay on the list till death - she is a absolute legend and the only person nominated in the 1940's for a major Oscar still alive.

On 16/10/2020 at 06:10, WEP said:

• Confused 1

Well i really hope she will see 98 if no more

On 16/10/2020 at 06:18, Book said:

Happy Birthday, Dame Angela Lansbury! :birthday: 95 today! :party:

Hardly any news in this BZ report which headlines:

Pension? Are you kidding me? Are you serious when you say that! Angela Lansbury turns 95 and doesn't think about quitting.

From the report:

Now 96.

• Like 5

Number one for 2022? Or number 2 behind Carter?

1 minute ago, drol said:

Number one for 2022? Or number 2 behind Carter?

I can Queen Elizabeth as number 1.

1 minute ago, The Old Crem said:

I can Queen Elizabeth as number 1.

Philips for numero uno.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Daredevil said:

Dick Van Dyke is my guess.

I dunno what they’re up to with DVD but why in the hell they put him so high every year ? Yeah he’s old but not ill from what we know ? Give us a break and put someone like Carter or Philips first !!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lafaucheuse said:

I dunno what they’re up to with DVD but why in the hell they put him so high every year ? Yeah he’s old but not ill from what we know ? Give us a break and put someone like Carter or Philips first !!

Agreed, just thinking what they would do. They really should give DVD a break. Bob Barker would be a good no. 1 though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Daredevil said:

Agreed, just thinking what they would do. They really should give DVD a break. Bob Barker would be a good no. 1 though.

Yeah Barker seems a good contender too ! Even QEII would make more sense cause she’s « the biggest » personality on the list 

I ummed and aahed over who would replace White as #1 for my 2022 DL Prediction. In the end, I didn't overcomplicate and just moved Carter up from #2, thinking the Committee may do the same rather than shaking it up too much. I did toy with Leslie Phillips as a possibility. But I think it needs to be a certain type of character, but also with at least a fair chance of dying, which I think discounts DvD for now. In an ordinary list, I don't think Carter would be the #1 pick, but these are extraordinary circumstances. Lansbury could be close in a few years, but, I may be wrong, I don't think Olivia de Havilland got closer than #2 or #3?

4 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Ok. They didn’t listen to me. Well, fuck them I guess 

Hope she makes it to 100, Jessica Fletcher is still an iconic character decades later.

• Like 1

Just a small vid for the fans on seeing her when younger.

• Like 2