ixion

Angela Lansbury

3 hours ago, Leytonpond said:

I think they should do it in either age order or alphabetical order! 

There is a loose order. Those closer to the top are expected to go sooner and the 50 spot is reserved for Deathlist Legends or wishful thinking

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Leytonpond said:

I can predict the headline:

Kiss of death, for Kissinger

I'd prefer. "FINALLY dead, make sure to burn nice and toasty!"

• Like 2

On 12/10/2022 at 03:57, etib80 said:

So sad news ...

maybe, after the Queen of course, the bigger death of the year I think :(

Um, no. Sorry. Not even close. But it's not nice to discuss that now (yeah, I know which website this is).

Rest in peace Ms Lansbury.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2022 at 20:57, etib80 said:

So sad news ...

maybe, after the Queen of course, the bigger death of the year I think :(

Queen definitely biggest death of the year. Then Angela Lansbury, Robbie Coltrane and Olivia Newton-John

10 hours ago, Philip said:

Queen definitely biggest death of the year. Then Angela Lansbury, Robbie Coltrane and Olivia Newton-John

You're from the UK, right?

But since you want to discuss that then again, sorry but it's not even close. 

Gorbachev, Godard, Sidney Poitier, Monica Vitta, the UAE Cheikh and of course Shinzo Abe have had all greater impacts during their lifetime on Earth than all the names you've mentioned barring QEII.

The Queen is still the biggest overall death of the year though, you got that right.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Philip said:

It's hard to be bigger than Robbie Coltrane :P

• Like 2

Hate to be the pedantic one but as an Oscar nerd she was nominated for Gaslight in 1944, not 1949 as it says on the main page...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

Um, no. Sorry. Not even close. But it's not nice to discuss that now (yeah, I know which website this is).

Rest in peace Ms Lansbury.

After a few days I agree with this and I moderate a little my worlds.

Of course,  the impact of AL's death compared to Gorbachev, the Queen, and many others was "less powerful" (sorry for my poor English), but AL's death touched me much more than many others (after that of the Queen) ... like the feeling of having lost a new grandma, and an extraordinarily kind people

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

Gorbachev, Godard, Sidney Poitier, Monica Vitta, the UAE Cheikh and of course Shinzo Abe have had all greater impacts during their lifetime on Earth than all the names you've mentioned barring QEII.

I loved my trip on her.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

You're from the UK, right?

But since you want to discuss that then again, sorry but it's not even close. 

The Queen is still the biggest overall death of the year though, you got that right.

I'm not talking about impact of their lives obviously the queen and Gorbachev had the most impact. 

I'm talking about reaction to their death from the public.

• Like 1

It's just all too subjective. I personally find Robbie Coltrane much more impacting than AL, at least to me! 

Very subjective thing, the idea of impactful deaths

• Like 7

1 minute ago, MortalCaso said:

It's just all too subjective. I personally find Robbie Coltrane much more impacting than AL, at least to me! 

Very subjective thing, the idea of impactful deaths

Agreed 

• Like 2

Just finished watching the new Knives Out sequel on Netflix and I find it absolutely hilarious that the final film role for one of the most acclaimed actresses of a generation persists of her having to explain the rules of Among Us over a zoom call to Daniel Craig while he sits in a bathtub.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

Just finished watching the new Knives Out sequel on Netflix and I find it absolutely hilarious that the final film role for one of the most acclaimed actresses of a generation persists of her having to explain the rules of Among Us over a zoom call to Daniel Craig while he sits in a bathtub.

The scene in question:

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Wouldn't you be gutted tho you were about to die and your bday is like days off like come on at least let me have that first! :rant:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Miranda lass said:

Wouldn't you be gutted tho you were about to die and your bday is like days off like come on at least let me have that first! :rant:

No.

Imagine you're clinging on for dear life on your deathbed.

Colin the caterpillar cakes and cards with crap poems from distant relatives would be the last thing on your mind.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1