Guest Death List Observer

U.S. Political Figures over 85

Jesse Helms is in a very bad way - dementia, heart problems, cancer et al..

Link

They'll be flying the Confederate flag half-staff prett soon.

I wonder if he'll be buried in a suit...or in his white robe and hood.

Jesse Helms is in a very bad way - dementia, heart problems, cancer et al..

Link

They'll be flying the Confederate flag half-staff prett soon.

I wonder if he'll be buried in a suit...or in his white robe and hood.

you mean like this guy? 10235335.jpg

Apparently he's a Penitent, and they're big at this time of year because of Easter. Or summink. This is traditional religious garb in Spain. And I thought it was just their football fans who were racist

9. Robert Byrd b. 1917, Democratic Senator from West Virginia since 1959

Speaking of the KKK. I was doing a bit of research on Senator Byrd and I saw that he was a member. His wife died about 2 weeks ago and he is not in the best of health. He is certainly one to keep an eye on.

Speaking of the KKK. I was doing a bit of research on Senator Byrd and I saw that he was a member.

Yeah, Byrd claims to have tossed off his robe and hood years ago. West Virginia is a backwoods place to begin with, tons of local jokes from the Marylanders. No offense to anyone, but West Virginians are sterotyped around here as having less than half their teeth, a 4th grade education, coal dust in their blood, marry their cousin (that's if their siblings are unavailable), and screw their livestock. It's only like that in some pockets though.

Speaking of the KKK. I was doing a bit of research on Senator Byrd and I saw that he was a member.

Yeah, Byrd claims to have tossed off his robe and hood years ago. West Virginia is a backwoods place to begin with, tons of local jokes from the Marylanders. No offense to anyone, but West Virginians are sterotyped around here as having less than half their teeth, a 4th grade education, coal dust in their blood, marry their cousin (that's if their siblings are unavailable), and screw their livestock. It's only like that in some pockets though.

Interestingly, the person that best represents their interests in Congress is a Rockefeller I believe.

West Virginia is a backwoods place to begin with, tons of local jokes from the Marylanders. No offense to anyone, but West Virginians are sterotyped around here as having less than half their teeth, a 4th grade education, coal dust in their blood, marry their cousin (that's if their siblings are unavailable), and screw their livestock. It's only like that in some pockets though.

the following is a rant from a person of souther extraction. please do not take it personaly, it is intended to be a general expression of upset-ness----

isn't it interesting how people feel free to poke fun at southerners, things that wouldn't be tolerated if aimed at another group. they wouldn't say that about gays, or blacks, or michigan-ers. not pc.

my family is all from arkansas, texas, and louisianna. i have been in arizona most of my life, but still have a trace of an accent, and tend to use alot of southern expressions. i have been teased about it for years.

one day i'm gonna knock somebody's cotton-pickin head right off.

and you are supposed to put cole slaw on bbq sandwiches!!

we return you now to you previously scheduled forum.

Guest iain

3 of the people mentioned in this thread are dead now..William Proxmire,General Westmoreland,and Caspar Weinberger.Thts pretty good going so far!

Guest iain
William Westmoreland b. 1914 is also a good bet

he died last july but it wasnt mentioned at the time

West Virginia is a backwoods place to begin with, tons of local jokes from the Marylanders. No offense to anyone, but West Virginians are sterotyped around here as having less than half their teeth, a 4th grade education, coal dust in their blood, marry their cousin (that's if their siblings are unavailable), and screw their livestock. It's only like that in some pockets though.

the following is a rant from a person of souther extraction. please do not take it personaly, it is intended to be a general expression of upset-ness----

isn't it interesting how people feel free to poke fun at southerners, things that wouldn't be tolerated if aimed at another group. they wouldn't say that about gays, or blacks, or michigan-ers. not pc.

my family is all from arkansas, texas, and louisianna. i have been in arizona most of my life, but still have a trace of an accent, and tend to use alot of southern expressions. i have been teased about it for years.

I guess I should just stick with the people some southerners elect to represent them in DC...like Jesse Helms and Sen. Byrd and George W. Bush. Most of the Southerners I've met have been the nicest people whether they be well educated or not, and married to first cousins or not.

Have I brought up my state's former governor, William Donald Schaeffer? He's 83 and currently serving as our Comptroller and is as nutty as ever. Not all too long ago, a young, female aide brought him a drink in the middle of a Dept. of Public Works meeting. After she walked away, he called her back and told her to walk away again so he could stare at her ass again. Yes it was caught on camera and was on CNN for a while. No real health problems to report with him (other than a fainting spell), just a screw or two loose.

I guess I should just stick with the people some southerners elect to represent them in DC...like Jesse Helms and Sen. Byrd and George W. Bush. Most of the Southerners I've met have been the nicest people whether they be well educated or not, and married to first cousins or not.

Have I brought up my state's former governor, William Donald Schaeffer? He's 83 and currently serving as our Comptroller and is as nutty as ever. Not all too long ago, a young, female aide brought him a drink in the middle of a Dept. of Public Works meeting. After she walked away, he called her back and told her to walk away again so he could stare at her ass again. Yes it was caught on camera and was on CNN for a while. No real health problems to report with him (other than a fainting spell), just a screw or two loose.

Schaefer's probably too obscure for DL. Plus, he's currently running for re-election. I don't think he's going to die all that soon.

Updated list of United States political figures 85 years and older, as of July 15, 2014

1. Edward Brooke b. 1919, first African American elected to U.S. Senate since Reconstruction, currently oldest living former member of the U.S. Senate.

2. George P. Schultz b. 1920 former Secretary of State under President Ronald Reagan.

3. Nancy Reagan b. 1921, widow of President Ronald Reagan

4. John Glenn b. 1921, last surviving Mercury 7 astronaut and former U.S. Senator.

5. Ernest Hollings b. 1922 ,former U.S. Senator

6. John Anderson b. 1922, former U.S. Congressman and 1980 Independent Presidential Candidate.

7. Melvin Laird b. 1922, former Secretary of Defense under President Richard Nixon

8. Robert Michel, b. 1923, former Republican Leader of the United States House of Representatives

9. Henry Kissinger b. 1923, diplomat and Secretary of State under Presidents Richard Nixon and Gerald Ford

10. Bob Dole b. 1923, former U.S. Senator and 1996 Republican presidential candidate

11. George HW Bush b. 1924 President of the United States 1989-1993.

12. Jimmy Carter b. 1924 President of the United States 1977-1989

13. Brent Scowcroft b. 1925 National Security Advisor to Presidents Gerald Ford and George HW Bush

14. Barbara Bush b. 1925, wife of President George HW Bush and mother of President George W. Bush

15. Happy Rockefeller b. 1926, widow of Vice President Nelson Rockefeller

16. David Dinkins b. 1927- former mayor of New York City

17. Rosalynn Carter b. 1927 wife of President Jimmy Carter

18. Harold Brown b. 1927, Secretary of Defense under President Jimmy Carter

19. Ramsey Clark b. 1927, United States Attorney General under President Lyndon Johnson

20. Zbigniew Brzezinski b. 1927 National Security Advisor under President Jimmy Carter

21. Ethel Kennedy b. 1928 widow of Robert F. Kennedy

22. Walter Mondale b. 1928 United States Vice President 1977-1981 and 1984 Democratic Presidential Candidate

Shouldn't this be merged with Political Frailty?

And shouldn't eight years be shaved off Carter's term in office...or maybe I just imagined Ronald Reagan.

Shouldn't your face be merged with something? Or perhaps unmerged?

No I think that Political Frailty tends to be focussed on all things Westminster and we should keep a good distance between Washington and Westminster.

You listening Blair.

No I think that Political Frailty tends to be focussed on all things Westminster and we should keep a good distance between Washington and Westminster.

You listening Blair.

(David Attenborough voice)

And here we have the Bibliogryphon. It is yet another example of how deadly common garden-variety Yankophobia can be for brain cells. In this instance the poor creature has been driven so mad by it, he seems to suffer from periods where he believes that Tony Blair is still in office as British Prime Minister.

You listening Blair.

(David Attenborough voice)

And here we have the Bibliogryphon. It is yet another example of how deadly common garden-variety Yankophobia can be for brain cells. In this instance the poor creature has been driven so mad by it, he seems to suffer from periods where he believes that Tony Blair is still in office as British Prime Minister.

A rose by anyother name may smell as sweet

You listening Blair.

Funny take on things, considering most of the reports in Political Frailty appear to be foreign fatalities...

Maybe we need some kind of central database of all living former politicians from all countries we can use for deadpooling..

You listening Blair.

Funny take on things, considering most of the reports in Political Frailty appear to be foreign fatalities...

Maybe we need some kind of central database of all living former politicians from all countries we can use for deadpooling..

My comments were meant to be quite whimsical becuase I liked having this list all in one place. I did think that there was a thread for World leaders but I couldn't find it.

The Blair comment was because he was guilty of it. For all his faults (too numerous to mentuion) Cameron is not mid-Atlantic.

Happy Rockefeller, former 'second lady',widow of Nelson A Rockefeller. has died aged 88.

Happy Rockefeller, former 'second lady',widow of Nelson A Rockefeller. has died aged 88.

Shit! I was saving her for 2016...

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2014 at 01:02, USFuneralDirector said:

Updated list of United States political figures 85 years and older, as of July 15, 2014

1. Edward Brooke b. 1919, first African American elected to U.S. Senate since Reconstruction, currently oldest living former member of the U.S. Senate. Died 2015.

2. George P. Schultz b. 1920 former Secretary of State under President Ronald Reagan.

3. Nancy Reagan b. 1921, widow of President Ronald Reagan Died 2016.

4. John Glenn b. 1921, last surviving Mercury 7 astronaut and former U.S. Senator.

5. Ernest Hollings b. 1922 ,former U.S. Senator

6. John Anderson b. 1922, former U.S. Congressman and 1980 Independent Presidential Candidate.

7. Melvin Laird b. 1922, former Secretary of Defense under President Richard Nixon Died 2016.

8. Robert Michel, b. 1923, former Republican Leader of the United States House of Representatives Died 2017.

9. Henry Kissinger b. 1923, diplomat and Secretary of State under Presidents Richard Nixon and Gerald Ford

10. Bob Dole b. 1923, former U.S. Senator and 1996 Republican presidential candidate

11. George HW Bush b. 1924 President of the United States 1989-1993.

12. Jimmy Carter b. 1924 President of the United States 1977-1981

13. Brent Scowcroft b. 1925 National Security Advisor to Presidents Gerald Ford and George HW Bush

14. Barbara Bush b. 1925, wife of President George HW Bush and mother of President George W. Bush

15. Happy Rockefeller b. 1926, widow of Vice President Nelson Rockefeller Died 2015.

16. David Dinkins b. 1927- former mayor of New York City

17. Rosalynn Carter b. 1927 wife of President Jimmy Carter

18. Harold Brown b. 1927, Secretary of Defense under President Jimmy Carter

19. Ramsey Clark b. 1927, United States Attorney General under President Lyndon Johnson

20. Zbigniew Brzezinski b. 1927 National Security Advisor under President Jimmy Carter

21. Ethel Kennedy b. 1928 widow of Robert F. Kennedy

22. Walter Mondale b. 1928 United States Vice President 1977-1981 and 1984 Democratic Presidential Candidate

Just a wee update to the above list.

Oh and to resurrect a thread to give Sir C apoplexy. ^_^

• Like 2