Paul McCartney's mother - Mary;

John Lennon's mother - Julia;

former bandmate Stu Sutcliffe;

manager Brian Epstein;

roadie Mal Evans killed in shoot-out with LA cops;

Ringo's wife - Maureen;

Paul's wife - Linda;

publicist Derek Taylor (altho dying at 65 may be counted as natural causes);

former Beatles proteges Pete Ham and Rod Evans from Beatles produced group Badfinger both hanged themselves;

and of course, John Lennon and George Harrison...

there may be others I've missed...

Also, the night Who drummer Keith Moon died, he had been to a party thrown by Paul McCartney.

• Like 1

Did the Beatles have a death curse?

untimely deaths to date include:

former bandmate Stu Sutcliffe;

manager Brian Epstein;

roadie Mal Evans killed in shoot-out with LA cops;

Ringo's wife - Maureen;

Paul's wife - Linda;

publicist Derek Taylor (altho dying at 65 may be counted as natural causes);

former Beatles proteges Pete Ham and Rod Evans from Beatles produced group Badfinger both hanged themselves;

and of course, John Lennon and George Harrison...

there may be others I've missed...

Also, the night Who drummer Keith Moon died, he had been to a party thrown by Paul McCartney.

Hang on....this is a group who have been in the music industry for over 40 years well, at least some of them). The group themselves would have all been in their 60s by now (but for the intervention of the grim reaper) and it should be no surprise that people associated with them at the outset would, presumably, have been even older and therefore fair game for sudden or expected "shuffling off the mortal coil".

I don't see it as some sort of "doom by association", but merely that their number was up. :P

Hang on....this is a group who have been in the music industry for over 40 years well, at least some of them).  The group themselves would have all been in their 60s by now (but for the intervention of the grim reaper) and it should be no surprise that people associated with them at the outset would, presumably, have been even older and therefore fair game for sudden or expected "shuffling off the mortal coil".

I don't see it as some sort of "doom by association", but merely that their number was up.  :P

Hardly.

Compare them to their nearest rivals the Rolling Stones, who if I am correct only suffered one solitary untimely death: Brian Jones...

I dont see much of a curse maybe some hard luck but no curse but anyhow as far as i know Ringo and Paul are in fair health.

I dont see much of a curse maybe some hard luck but no curse but anyhow as far as i know Ringo and Paul are in fair health.

Don't forget, Paul's missus has already got one foot in the grave. :sicktherm:

Guest Mammy

George Martin,

Hes getting on a bit he will be the next one to go

Guest The Info Man

Paul was the first one to die. If you would like to know more about the truth please feel free to look for yourself on TKIN! Paul Is Dead.

TKIN! Paul Is Dead

Thank You,

Billy

Paul was the first one to die. If you would like to know  more about the truth please feel free to look for yourself on TKIN! Paul Is Dead.

TKIN! Paul Is Dead

Thank You,

Billy

First of all paul is alive.

Second yes the beatles did have alot of bad luck but that is now in the past

and Paul Mccartney is said to be in very good health and i don't think ringo

is doing bad either.

But maybe George Martin could be a different story..

Did the Beatles have a death curse?

untimely deaths to date include:

As Terminator points out, we are talking about a group who hit the big time over 40 years ago. Assuming that most people around them then would be in their 20's, is it suprising that so many have died - in what would now be their 60's?

Now - if we want to talk untimely deaths, and the satanic influence of rock and roll, can I point members back to this old thread

Should be: "Whom will it strike next?"

Unless Yoda is suggesting that The Who are next in line for a death curse.

Guest Guest

thats the stupidest things i've ever read.

An observation: The Beatles and their hangers on were notoriously heavy smokers. The Stones often spent so much time drugged up to the eyeballs they couldn't get their cigs lit. Other than Keith - 'the Human Riff' - Richards the Stones have gone easier than you might think on ciggies and drink, those slow killers. Not so George Harrison, Maureen Starkey, Derek Taylor and Mal Evans. I'm guessing the toll on heart muscles, cancer fighting immune systems and the rest might have been higher amongst The Beatles.

There's even a story about Keith relating to a journo interviewing him. Keith was doing his customary swigs of Jack Daniels during the interview but went out of the room briefly to take a phone call. The journo decided to help himself to a sip to check if the JD was the real stuff. It was cold tea!

Guest Aniat

Paul McCartney once said that he noticed that Jimi Hendrix was a bit depressed, so he invited him to dinner at his house but... Jimi died before the dinner! And later, he knew Keith was a bit... crazy and lonely... and so he and Linda decide to invite him for a dinner and... he also died before that!

(I LOVE Paul very much, but I don´t think I´d like him to invite me to dinner...!)

Maybe that is the curse :o

Maybe that is the curse :o

Well, that might be the case with that moronic excuse for a drummer, but Sir Paul is certainly one of the greatest artists ever to have set foot on a podium.

Maybe that is the curse ;)

Well, that might be the case with that moronic excuse for a drummer, but Sir Paul is certainly one of the greatest artists ever to have set foot on a podium.

:o

I agree with the Paul thing... he had the most amazing vocal range and such timbre in his voice. HAD though. Lost it now, sadly. Lost the hair too. And the ability to write great songs. :o

Anyway, I don't agree with the Ringo comment. He has such a great ' lazy ' style and he was always great as the Thomas narrator!!!

It's also worth noting some Beatle associates like Yoko Ono and Sir George Martin have maintained remarkable good health into their seventies and eighties.

Paul McCartney once said that he noticed that Jimi Hendrix was a bit depressed, so he invited him to dinner at his house but... Jimi died before the dinner! And later, he knew Keith was a bit... crazy and lonely... and so he and Linda decide to invite him for a dinner and... he also died before that!

(I LOVE Paul very much, but I don´t think I´d like him to invite me to dinner...!)

Just shows you the lengths some people go to to avoid eating a Linda McCartney lasagne

Just shows you the lengths some people go to to avoid eating a Linda McCartney lasagne

I can imagine that the daugther of a manufacturer of photo equipment, films and chemicals and such has some strange ideas about cooking. Anyway, she's dead now.

I wonder if nowadays the McCartneys serve such goodies as Leg of Lamb.

regards,

Hein

It's also worth noting some Beatle associates like Yoko Ono and Sir George Martin have maintained remarkable good health into their seventies and eighties.

Yoko will be one of those that are in there 90's but she will be long and forgotten by then.

George Martin though, should get his time in the sun sooner or later. :o

I can imagine that the daugther of a manufacturer of photo equipment, films and chemicals and such has some strange ideas about cooking. Anyway, she's dead now.

I wonder if nowadays the McCartneys serve such goodies as Leg of Lamb.

regards,

Hein

:o;):o

It's this kind of stuff that keeps me addicted to the DL.

If I have to start sleeping in the spare bed, I'll blame the Dutch Death Lister...but I'll still be smiling. :lol:

I can imagine that the daugther of a manufacturer of photo equipment, films and chemicals and such has some strange ideas about cooking.

She wasn't that Eastman.

I can imagine that the daugther of a manufacturer of photo equipment, films and chemicals and such has some strange ideas about cooking.

She wasn't that Eastman.

Spoilsport, you!

That's the second time in a few days that I got caught in spreading an Urban myth. Must... check... facts.

regards,

Hein

She wasn't that Eastman.

Spoilsport, you!

That's the second time in a few days that I got caught in spreading an Urban myth. Must... check... facts.

regards,

Hein

That wouldn't get you too far as a journalist (or politician).

Must... check... facts.
That wouldn't get you too far as a journalist (or politician).

Fortunately I'm neither.

regards,

Hein

• Like 1