totenkopf

The Beatles Death Curse

Cheers Tempus, I can't be sure but I think it's filmed in George Harrison's garden. The site also of the album cover shots for some of GH's albums including All Things Must Pass and Living in the Material World.

• Like 1

Macca & Heather Mills are splitting up.

The stress could kill him....

They are only breaking up according to the Daily Mail. ("His son is working for the Daily Mail/ It's a steady job/ But he wants to be a proper writer....)

Was I really ever that naive?

So the Beatles never reunited before, and they're going to do it to give publicity to people who spend their free time bombing Arab children.

I don't think so.

So the Beatles never reunited before, and they're going to do it to give publicity to people who spend their free time bombing Arab children.

I don't think so.

If they reunite now that would mean Yoko taking some of the lead vocals. Would Israel thank them for that in the long run?

I don't know about a death curse, BUT... I wish Paul McCartney just died.

I cannot stand the smug bastard. He was invited to play Glastonbury Festival on Sunday night on 2003, but he would only take the Saturday night slot. As Radiohead was already booked (and still are relevant to the music scene) he was invited to play Saturday on 2004.

I was at both festivals, by the way... but tell me: what is a has-been like Paul, who hasn't had anything valid to say in well over 30 years, doing headlining Glastonbury on the Saturday? That is what the Sunday slot is for! <_< .

It seems, though, that whatever Paul wants, Paul gets. If he wants to show his crappy paintings, he gets the Liverpool Museum. Just think about all the young, talented and starving artists with something to say. Same goes for publishing his poems.

And don’t even try telling people this… you get that reaction, you know, the “But it’s Michael Jaaackson!” kind of blind adulation.

Talking about which: Michael Jackson for the 2009 list!!

An observation: The Beatles and their hangers on were notoriously heavy smokers. The Stones often spent so much time drugged up to the eyeballs they couldn't get their cigs lit. Other than Keith - 'the Human Riff' - Richards the Stones have gone easier than you might think on ciggies and drink, those slow killers. Not so George Harrison, Maureen Starkey, Derek Taylor and Mal Evans. I'm guessing the toll on heart muscles, cancer fighting immune systems and the rest might have been higher amongst The Beatles.

There's even a story about Keith relating to a journo interviewing him. Keith was doing his customary swigs of Jack Daniels during the interview but went out of the room briefly to take a phone call. The journo decided to help himself to a sip to check if the JD was the real stuff. It was cold tea!

Don't ruin the Rolling Stones legend, please.

:skull:

Fair point but as one admiring of their work to - just about - Tattoo You, I'd argue they've spent the last decade as the best tribute band in the business and - in the process - pissed all over their own legend.

Fair point but as one admiring of their work to - just about - Tattoo You, I'd argue they've spent the last decade as the best tribute band in the business and - in the process - pissed all over their own legend.

Couldn't agree more. I was at the Isle of Wight festival last year, and left early because I just couldn't face watching them.

Re this Beatles death curse, have we established that such a thing exists.

Mebbe if I start a thread called Titanic curse, who will it strike next?

Re this Beatles death curse, have we established that such a thing exists.

Mebbe if I start a thread called Titanic curse, who will it strike next?

Kate Winslett with any luck.

Afternoon coffee has been consumed, heads have been scratched and after much deliberation the office reckons Milvena Dean might be a good bet for the Titanic death curse.

Look up George Starostin's reviews. You may find some decent opinions there.

yep now that guy who taught lennon all that inner peace stuff has died sorry cant remember his name ... came from india... sadly not a untimely death as he was old but a linked death none the less....

Lucy Vodden, formerly Lucy O'Donnell, 46, is suffering from the chronic auto-immune disease and, according to Julian Lennon, she is seriously ill.

She was the inspiration for John Lennon to write "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds".

Lucy Vodden, formerly Lucy O'Donnell, 46, is suffering from the chronic auto-immune disease and, according to Julian Lennon, she is seriously ill.

She was the inspiration for John Lennon to write "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds".

I was certain she was already dead, died about five years ago from cancer. Was there another Lucy?

I was certain she was already dead, died about five years ago from cancer. Was there another Lucy?

Fear not, H, your mind does not play tricks on you. You're sort of right.

Lucy Richardson died in 2005 and articles at the time (here's one) credited her for being the inspiration for the song. This provoked much debate and it is now generally assumed that the story was mistaken. The comments under this entry on the Blog Of Death site go some way to clarifying matters.

There's most likely nowt in it but.......

It's just struck me there may be an MPFC curse, or summat.

Two people dead in the last fortnight - Swells and John A Keel - 'gigged' with me during the 1990s, if other high-profile paranormal obsessives and/or ranting comedians start dropping dead, or a curse suddenly wipes out all and sundry from DLCONII, be very afraid!

Oh ye of little faith, mock ye not!

See now how Allen De-Kleined... here!

I was just wondering if maybe Allan Klein had a bigger contribution to music than Michael Jackson?

Well they both had links with Paul McCartney and Jackson owned the back Beatles catalog.

Paul-McCartney-and-Michae-001.jpg

Ironic considering that it was McCartney who was the one who supposedly died sometime in the '60s.

Heinz Edelmann, the multifaceted graphic designer and illustrator who created the comically hallucinogenic landscape of Pepperland as art director for the 1968 animated Beatles film “Yellow Submarine,” died on Tuesday in Stuttgart, Germany.

He became famous because of his work on ‘Yellow Submarine,’ ... But that celebrity actually obscured his real talent and imagination.