totenkopf

The Beatles Death Curse

Why's Tony Visconti on it but not May Pang?

3 hours ago, frleon said:

Why's Tony Visconti on it but not May Pang?

I can't remember my reasoning from February but probably because she's only 69 and Tony Visconti is 76.

Right, I didn't consider there might be any such youngsters in the Beatles entourage.

Beatles photographer Fiona Adams is dead at 84

The Beatles Death curse strikes yet again. The grandfather of this poor 10 year old kid who was murdered by his mother in Acton on Sunday was the man who photographed the first five album covers for the Beatles. Spooky. Who is next I wonder. https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/mother-to-face-court-as-father-laments-loss-of-beautiful-son/ar-BB183Fpc?ocid=spartan-dhp-feeds

4 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

The Beatles Death curse strikes yet again. The grandfather of this poor 10 year old kid who was murdered by his mother in Acton on Sunday was the man who photographed the first five album covers for the Beatles. Spooky. Who is next I wonder. https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/mother-to-face-court-as-father-laments-loss-of-beautiful-son/ar-BB183Fpc?ocid=spartan-dhp-feeds

On ‎08‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 18:59, msc said:

Robert Freeman who did a lot of the Beatles photography dead at 82.

Not a happy 12 months for the Freeman family.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

Bit of a tenuous link tbh - I mean, there are people walking around who received an efficient delivery from that highly regarded lorry driver Peter Sutcliffe, if one of them dropped dead would we think it associated with his sideline in psychopathic mass murder? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Bit of a tenuous link tbh - I mean, there are people walking around who received an efficient delivery from that highly regarded lorry driver Peter Sutcliffe, if one of them dropped dead would we think it associated with his sideline in psychopathic mass murder? 

I personally would think so. Particularly if it turned out he had been delivering Beatles memorabilia.

• Haha 2

Just now, Bentrovato said:

I personally would think so. Particularly if it turned out he had been delivering Beatles memorabilia.

Aw man - whether he did or not - I'll just post that somewhere on line and it'll be undisputed truth within a week. Did some research into The Beatles a few years ago which revealed - among other things - that Mr Blue Sky by the ELO is widely believed to be a Beatles song, especially by young people who access all their music via streaming services.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Aw man - whether he did or not - I'll just post that somewhere on line and it'll be undisputed truth within a week. Did some research into The Beatles a few years ago which revealed - among other things - that Mr Blue Sky by the ELO is widely believed to be a Beatles song, especially by young people who access all their music via streaming services.

Yet one more thing to specifically blame Macca for. ELO - in Jeff Lynne's mind they were I Am the Walrus, in actuality Maxwell's Silver Hammer.

Oh, and I lived round the corner from Cumberland Park in Acton several years ago, so perhaps the Beatles Death Curse gonna get me. Or even the ELO Death Curse (crushed by haybale).

31 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

I once convinced myself that You Get What You  Give by the New Radicals was actually a new release by the Rolling Stones. In fact, 20 odd years later, I am still slightly convinced it is...…...

36 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

I don't think this is the current generation's issue, but more so the one that grew up at the turn of the milennium where mistagged MP3 files going around Napster and Soulseek and Kazaa were rewriting musical history. For perhaps the most egregious example of this - and note nearly all these people are in their early 30s - look at this Twitter search.

• Like 2

You mean none of you ever chilled out to Metallica's Paint It Black or The Pogues's Fuck You I'm Drunk?*

*This was also attributed on Kazaa to every Irish band that ever existed.

51 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

I don't think this is the current generation's issue, but more so the one that grew up at the turn of the milennium where mistagged MP3 files going around Napster and Soulseek and Kazaa were rewriting musical history. For perhaps the most egregious example of this - and note nearly all these people are in their early 30s - look at this Twitter search.

Awesome - though, obviously Spade Cooley's brand of western swing is unique to the point it's never been the subject of an ill-informed Twitter stream, right?

Another widely mistaken track is Don't Worry be Happy - frequently credited to Bob Marley

1 hour ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Yet one more thing to specifically blame Macca for. ELO - in Jeff Lynne's mind they were I Am the Walrus, in actuality Maxwell's Silver Hammer.

Oh, and I lived round the corner from Cumberland Park in Acton several years ago, so perhaps the Beatles Death Curse gonna get me. Or even the ELO Death Curse (crushed by haybale).

Man - the ELO death curse, quite possible that a few lockdown-unemployed classically trained musicians did ill-advised farm work and were crushed in random mishaps.

10 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Another widely mistaken track is Don't Worry be Happy - frequently credited to Bob Marley

I kind of get that, because people are clearly thinking of 'Three Little Birds' and mistaking the opening line Don't worry about a thing for the title. 

6 hours ago, Bentrovato said:

Allegedly.

Dunno where else to post this

Sick as fuck or unique opportunity for collectors; either way the album John Lennon signed for Mark Chapman is up for auction: https://www.nme.com/news/music/album-john-lennon-signed-mark-chapman-set-auctioned-2822119?fbclid=IwAR2ouweVTHleXmdKOxy1Tu_BSyTtgbnO30ooRVMXnJFCqgoQyF-O4PKl_UY

Flown under the radar.

Adrian Barber, musician with Liverpudlian bands Cass And The Casanovas and The Big Three turned record producer, reportedly died back in October 2020: https://www.facebook.com/441851912867372/posts/1256019381450617/?extid=0&d=n

Recorded the Fabs at The Star Club for Horst Fascher in 1962, resulting in the Live At The Star Club recordings.

• Like 3

40 years ago today Lennon was gunned down. In 60 days he's longer dead than he ever was alive.

Coat please...

• Like 1

Nice Beatles-related In Memoriam here,  Astrid Kirchherr probably being the main person for 2020.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Vinegar Tits said:

Nice Beatles-related In Memoriam here,  Astrid Kirchherr probably being the main person for 2020.

Excellent.Thank's.

Gerry Marsden's death ought to be mentioned here also.

How Do You Do It? was George Martin's second single choice for The Beatles. From Philip Norman's Shout:

"...a stern lecture from George Martin. "When you can write material as good as this, I'll record it," I said.

….His words sent them, chastened, into the studio, to produce a version of How Do You Do It? in which every note, and every nuance of John Lennon's lead voice, made plain their lugubrious distaste. George Harrison, halfway through, produced a guitar solo not far removed in scale and ambition from the twanging of a rubber band."