totenkopf

The Beatles Death Curse

My parents went to see Gerry and the Pacemakers at Weston Super Mare. Supporting them that day was them Beatles. 

Surprised my sister hasn't messaged me from Australia with "I told you so", as it was her suggestion that led us to putting him on our list a few years ago. 

Anyway, RIP.  Gerry And The Pacemakers are hugely significant in British culture, even if they weren't actually much cop artistically.

8 minutes ago, tomarse said:

My parents went to see Gerry and the Pacemakers at Weston Super Mare. Supporting them that day was them Beatles. 

Hmm, I can only find a reference to their July 1963 tour which included 6 dates at the Odeon, Weston Super Mare and them Beatles were top of the bill?

BBC - The week The Beatles came to Weston-super-Mare

Oh look @Ulitzer95, Tommy Quickly! (ha!)

• Like 1

I'm still trying to find the reference, but Epstein went mad when he heard that on one date only three Beatles turned up and Gerry Marsden had to step in, singing with them on top of an orange box because Gerry was shorter than the others! So old Gerry did sing with them, if I recall correctly, just before the Fabs Parlophone deal.

31 minutes ago, tomarse said:

Read this post in the voice of Brian Glover in Porridge

• Haha 2

I know some people make fun of me for saying this but I really do think this is the death of a true British pop legend.Who has not heard of Gerry and the Pacemakers? Watching him sing You'll Never Walk Alone on the news did bring tears to my eyes, and I'm not even from Liverpool never mind support them ! A day of true sadness in the pop music world ..My condolences to the people of Liverpool.:(

49 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Hmm, I can only find a reference to their July 1963 tour which included 6 dates at the Odeon, Weston Super Mare and them Beatles were top of the bill?

BBC - The week The Beatles came to Weston-super-Mare

Oh look @Ulitzer95, Tommy Quickly! (ha!)

maybe my parents were chatting shite ! I’m sure they said it was 61. I’ll ask them 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tomarse said:

maybe my parents were chatting shite ! I’m sure they said it was 61. I’ll ask them 

If I am right, Gerry And The Pacemakers were in Hamburg for early 1961 at the Top Ten Club, and in mid 1961 The Beatles headed there, sometime recording My Bonnie with Tony Sheridan, while Gerry et al headed back to Liverpool.

They were back playing the Cavern and Litherland Town Hall with Gerry and the Pacemakers definitely until late 1961 (even swapping stage outfits and forming a "supergroup") but Epstein didn't see them until November 1961. I don't believe they ventured as far as Weston Super Mare that year.

But I'll bow to folk who were actually there, of course.

12 minutes ago, tomarse said:

Well, they did christen you Tom Arse. And assured you that you weren't really adopted. Serious questions need to be addressed to Mr and Mrs Arse.

Olivia Harrison in hospital with covid, according to Twitter and her instagram.

• Shocked 3

Ron Campbell

Whilst he was alive the majority of us would not of been aware of what he did and his influence. RIP your work was appreciated. This is one of the reasons that I appreciate the Deathlist, so many people are not recognised for their achievements in their fields when they occur . People should appreciate this man for their influence on their childhhood.

Edited by Charlotte's Controller
English, grammar, Omissions - Alcohol

Ringo has just tweeted this photo of himself. Assuming it's recent, he looks good for 80 

EtzoSOvVEAIMA2l.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

Haha your a moron if you think that’s an 80-year old.  Sans EXTREME editing.  

26 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

I am a moron. Explain which parts that has been 'extreme' edited.

33 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Zzzzzzz.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Zzzzzzz.

Profound, as usual.

4 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Profound, as usual.

That's a big word for you. Don't overexert yourself now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Meh, Sir Creep, & his protege Perhaps are just shit causing cunts, who should be banned from this web site, for being trolls, and nothing more.

14 minutes ago, Lewd_Squirrel said:

Meh, Sir Creep, & his protege Perhaps are just shit causing cunts, who should be banned from this web site, for being trolls, and nothing more.

I know. Still want to hear his take on that comment. I fail to see how its edited. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Lewd_Squirrel said:

I made one throw off comment about your silly 300 person list and now I'm a "troll" and a "shit causing cunt"? Are you mentally unwell?

I'm so sorry my remark upset you to this extent. Your plan to spam me with private messages won't work now btw, as your angry ass is blocked from sending them!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

It's "you're". Moron.

45 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

I made one throw off comment about your silly 300 person list and now I'm a "troll" and a "shit causing cunt"? Are you mentally unwell?

I'm so sorry my remark upset you to this extent. Your plan to spam me with private messages won't work now btw, as your angry ass is blocked from sending them!

You're still a cunt.