lospalmas7

Pope Benedict XVI

Pope Benedict's highly charged visit to Turkey tomorrow could produce some fun and games. An assassination attempt isn't beyond the realms of possibility and the Turks have got form for Pope shooting. :)

• Like 1

Pope Benedict's highly charged visit to Turkey tomorrow could produce some fun and games. An assassination attempt isn't beyond the realms of possibility and the Turks have got form for Pope shooting. :shoot:

Fingers crossed .... or is that just a tad superstitious?

Just found this on Wiki:

In the early 1990s, Ratzinger suffered a stroke, which slightly impaired his eyesight temporarily. This was known to the Conclave that elected him Pope. In May 2005, the Vatican revealed that he had subsequently suffered another mild stroke; it did not reveal when, other than that it had occurred between 2003 and 2005. France's Philippe Cardinal Barbarin further revealed that since the first stroke, Ratzinger had been suffering from a heart condition as a result of his age, and is currently on medication. Because of these age-related health problems, and in order to have free time to write, he had hoped to retire, and submitted his resignation twice, but had continued at his post in obedience to the wishes of Pope John Paul II. It is also notable that he appears to be in far better health than his predecessor was at the age of 79.

Two strokes, heart problems, 79 years old, lots of upset Halibuts ..... I may include him in my 2007 DDP team.

debee.jpg

Revolting :)

What's it got to do with the Pope?

"Not a lot"

Did you do the "artwork" yourself? I am very impressed

PopeBenedict_b.jpg

Looks like he is perspiring. It's either the weather or it's possible but not probable, that a very attractive woman is leaning in front of him.

It's ages since I read a book that good!

hotpopeva2.gif

Song of Songs has always been my favourite bit.

regards,

Hein

Guest timotimmy

Anyone see the Pope at the Easter services? He seems to be very drawn and pale...rumors are his blood pressure is very high and needs a bypass....could his heart be a ticking time bomb?

Pope Benedict is a man of true commitment to his heart. He walked away from the ruin of war, to sensitive and understanding of the laws then to go along with the cruel games of common life designed by the minds of educated men in suits who call themselves politicians. The world works in that fashion, evil sits in the shadows but I can accept him for who he is. I thought Pope John Paul had something about him, just something that I can't comprehend, he was one of the great people to live. Benedict XVI has a different role, I believe he takes the holy thrown for a few years to come.

I believe he takes the holy thrown for a few years to come.

I had no idea that the throne was vacant - what happened to that other two blokes, God and Jesus?

I had no idea that the throne was vacant - what happened to that other two blokes, God and Jesus?

Does Jesus have a nice house? Is God a successful business man? I wish somebody would have told me they live on earth.

Does Jesus have a nice house? Is God a successful business man? I wish somebody would have told me they live on earth.

Does the Pope have a nice house? No, it's not his.

Does the Pope run a successful business? No, it's in decline (except for those poor African bastards they have tricked).

Besides, the Catholic Church is nothing but a hate group managed by sexual deviants.

Does the Pope run a successful business? No, it's in decline (except for those poor African bastards they have tricked).

Your off topic. - And I assume you also believe Reagon was the devil, Bush destroyed the World Trade Center, and the earth is flat? Right Windsor? Preach it.

Your off topic. - And I assume you also believe Reagon was the devil, Bush destroyed the World Trade Center, and the earth is flat? Right Windsor? Preach it.

No - I just happen to think that the Catholic Chuch is the root of all evil.

No - I just happen to think that the Catholic Chuch is the root of all evil.

I think the Catholic Church is what it always has been, a place to worship god, as I'm not a Catholic I see it almost as a cult. Very strict rules made by old men who never could meet a wife.

If you want to follow a religion, follow what speaks to you. You know what is right and what is wrong, Gods point of view on the vast majority just might be your own.

I believe the Royal Faimly is evil. Prince Phillip is a Nazi, and they are a greedy ignorant cold hearted faimly.

I believe the Royal Faimly is evil. Prince Phillip is a Nazi, and they are a greedy ignorant cold hearted faimly.

The Royal Family stand accused of murdering a whore.

The Catholic Church condemn thousands of African's to death due to their stance on contraception.

The Royal Family are at the top of a system of hierachy. They keep their wealth.

The Catholic Church pledges to do the work of God and plegde to help the poor. They keep their wealth in gold and paintings from the Vatican to the modestly humble Church.

The Royal Family may be cold hearted and greedy, but at least they are no longer responsible for the deaths of thousands on a daily basis.

The Royal Family may be cold hearted and greedy, but at least they are no longer responsible for the deaths of thousands on a daily basis.

Enough said. This is going to far. You have anger built up. Find a positive way to use it.

I'm out. :)

Scare today, although the guy looks like a harmless crank. Did remind me though that this pope is kinda keen on an open topped car..........

I am loving the fact that the word 'popemobile' is totally part of our everyday language. But I'm afraid nobody will look as cool in it as John Paul 2 did.

I am loving the fact that the word 'popemobile' is totally part of our everyday language. But I'm afraid nobody will look as cool in it as John Paul 2 did.

Even though "The Pope Wears Prada"?

• Like 1