lospalmas7

Pope Benedict XVI

Bugger, I was having a bad enough day already, when I discovered that he has only gone and abolished 'limbo' :rip:

Wait... can he... wait... just... no, he can't do that can he?

Not that I'm a Catholic, but I was pretty certain that the Pope couldn't just interpret things the way he chose? I mean... how... WHY would you remove an incentive for non-Christians to be "virtuous?" Ack, I hate organized religion.

S**t, that means the Spanish Inquisition will turn up and arrest anyone trying to dance their way under a low slung pole.

It's unfair!

Bugger, I was having a bad enough day already, when I discovered that he has only gone and abolished  'limbo' :D

Wait... can he... wait... just... no, he can't do that can he?

Not that I'm a Catholic, but I was pretty certain that the Pope couldn't just interpret things the way he chose? I mean... how... WHY would you remove an incentive for non-Christians to be "virtuous?" Ack, I hate organized religion.

He can't. I've been in limbo for years and I can confirm it's still here. It has a wall. :o

Just scrolling through old threads again...I think the Pope goes first, but he's going to last a little while. I'd say 5 years or so, then the stress will start getting to him. Once he passes 80, I think his body will no longer be able to deal with the enormous pressure that comes from being the head of a large organization, especially in times as contentious as these.

I'm wondering if Ratslinger could be in danger of being killed by Halibuts after his controversial comments?

How come Halibuts keep telling everyone theirs is a peaceful religion & then, in the next breath, issue death threats?

Just to prove he's not specifically anti-Halibut, he's having a pop at the Jews now. (and the Pagans, I suppose)

What, the Pope asked, was the point of exalting the cross - a tool of execution?In reply to his rhetorical question, he quoted a verse from St Paul, the New Testament author most often accused of anti-semitism.

In the Italian translation, used by the Pope, it runs as follows: "We preach the crucified Christ - a scandal for the Jews, a folly for the pagans".

Come on Ratzi, You've let the Zoroastians off fairly lightly so far. Give 'em hell. And as for those Southcottians...

I'm wondering if Ratslinger could be in danger of being killed by Halibuts after his controversial comments?

How come Halibuts keep telling everyone theirs is a peaceful religion & then, in the next breath, issue death threats?

Because they're hypocrites...

I just wonder, in a move similar to the Danish cartoons controversy, whether the Pope was instructed

to add a slur on Islam just to get the fundamentalists out of the woodwork?

Just a thought...

Oh, don't forget about gunning down an 66 year old nun outside a children's hospital. That's not a savage abomination by any stretch of the imagination.

Anagram:

PROPHET MOHAMMED = OH MMM POPE HATRED

I find it amusing that Pope Benedict apologised for the reaction caused by his comments and not for the comments that he made. :(

I find it amusing that Pope Benedict apologised for the reaction caused by his comments and not for the comments that he made. :(

I don't think he should have apologised.

I'm sure many Catholics were offended by Halibuts burning images of the Pope, their leader. I'm pretty sure that they were offended by the gunning down of an elderly nun working for a childrens charlty in Somalia. However, at the end of the day, no Halibut has apologised for these more aggressive and cruel acts.

I don't think he should have apologised.

I'm sure many Catholics were offended by Halibuts burning images of the Pope, their leader. I'm pretty sure that they were offended by the gunning down of an elderly nun working for a childrens charlty in Somalia. However, at the end of the day, no Halibut has apologised for these more aggressive and cruel acts.

Windsor,

I don't think he should apologise either way really.

I just find it daft that the pope comes out and says that Mohammed advocated violence etc, and then some Halibuts have basically come out and it's been a case of "we're not violent and we'll kill anyone that says we are" :lol:

It was more of the popes phrasing of his apology afterwards

Pope Benedict XVI. In revelations he is said to be the second to last pope. Allready he has made a mistake, being outspoken. One who is holy as he should never say such things, it changes the mind of others. I look foward to seeing who infact the next pope will be. I don't know what to say about codes of the future, but i'm almost positive the face of our future pope shall be black.

I'd like to be the next Pope. How do I apply? :banghead:

(I promise not to make any nasty comments about Islam)

Ownership of a heavily textured white dress and matching tea cosy would be a good start in the application process.

And a bulletproof car might perhaps be advisable, given the popularity of popes at the moment.

Well I think that probably puts you out of the running for a start. Any self-respecting religious figurehead must be able to tell the difference between preaching peace, love & understanding on the one hand, and fiery eternal suffering to those who have chosen a different path in life, sinful or not.

However, if that doesn't put you off, I volunteer my services as a reference for your Papal application form.

It's rumoured that the third prophecy of Fatima - ie the one the Vatican won't share with the world and the one yet to come true - is of 'two rival popes.' It'd take summat like the current crisis, sustained for a few years, to bring about the kind of schism that'd make such a thing possible. Not that I believe a word of this rumour, just bringin' it to yer attention, like.

Could you provide chapter and verse Banshees old chum? Or is this yet more 'EndTime' bullshit?

Pope Benedict XVI. In revelations he is said to be the second to last pope.

Shurely not.

Actually, I stop listening the moment anybody refers to the book as Revelation*s* rather than Revelation.

But then I'm one of those people who'd bin people's CVs and application letters without a glance if they'd made a mistake on the envelope.

... which might explain why I don't work in HR.

Or is this yet more 'EndTime' bullshit?

Shurely not.

Actually, I stop listening the moment anybody refers to the book as Revelation*s* rather than Revelation.

But then I'm one of those people who'd bin people's CVs and application letters without a glance if they'd made a mistake on the envelope.

I'm tempted to buy a copy of James Earl Jones reads the Bible. just for the sheer hell of owning it. :banghead:

It'll go right alongside of my copy of Roddy McDowell reads short stories by H.P. Lovecraft

I probably could find something that relates, but I think i'll choose to be lazy. Although I have got to confess that i'm with you, this end times talk is very hard for me to believe, like alot of things, it's not takin seriously.

But anything is possible?

Could you provide chapter and verse Banshees old chum? Or is this yet more 'EndTime' bullshit

Shurely not.

F*ck me man, that's reason enough to work in HR, normally HR wastes too much time on 6-page CV's with photos attached and CV's where phrases like 'push the envelope', 'blue sky thinking' and 'touching base' are used without leading to a death penalty. What sort of life is that?

• Like 1