lospalmas7

Pope Benedict XVI

Guest Davy Jones' Locker

Worse and worse:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8588294.stm

One victim told the BBC that the Pope had known "for many years".

Ratzinger won't survive the day, let along the month, in the Papacy at this rate. :referee:

Guest Davy Jones' Locker

Another BBC article about the growing pressure on the Pope:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8587492.stm

"The Vatican department headed by Joseph Ratzinger consistently seemed to listen to the priests rather than to their victims and tried to sweep all details under the carpet."

"The Pope, as a senior Vatican cardinal head of department, was responsible for dealing with these cases for more than 20 years before his election as pontiff in 2005 and is therefore one of the best informed in the Vatican about the extent, and even the detail, of every paedophile scandal reported to Rome."

Guest Davy Jones' Locker

Another news article, from his home country. Everything really is disintegrating:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/...,685712,00.html

My English friends, it might well be a new pope who visits you in September as part of his efforts to rebuild the church. Two extracts from the article:

"Allegations that Pope Benedict XVI may have had detailed knowledge about instances of sexual abuse in the Catholic Church continue to mount. In 1996, the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, which he then led, decided not to punish the pedophile priest Father Lawrence Murphy. With his authority eroded, why does he even remain in office?

When is it time for a pope to resign? Margaret Kässmann, the former head of the Protestant Church in Germany, stepped down in February upon deciding that she no longer had the necessary moral authority for her office after being caught driving drunk. But how much authority does Pope Benedict XVI still enjoy?

These days, what is left is disappearing almost daily. Each new detail about the role he played in his church's handling of instances of sexual abuse erodes it further. "

"Since then, as pope, he has done more damage to his church than good. He has strained relations with Jews several times, he played with fire in relations between Christians and Halibuts with his Regensburg address, he angered the indigenous people during his Latin America trip, he has alienated Protestants and he has shown himself to be conciliatory to Holocaust deniers.

Even loyal Catholics have been stunned by the course of action he has taken. And now, on top of all that -- one area where he has been consistent over the decades has been in his negligence in dealing with pedophiles within his own institution."

Guest Davy Jones' Locker

Sinead weighs in:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...0032502363.html

"To Irish Catholics, Benedict's implication -- Irish sexual abuse is an Irish problem -- is both arrogant and blasphemous. The Vatican is acting as though it doesn't believe in a God who watches. The very people who say they are the keepers of the Holy Spirit are stamping all over everything the Holy Spirit truly is. Benedict criminally misrepresents the God we adore. We all know in our bones that the Holy Spirit is truth. That's how we can tell that Christ is not with these people who so frequently invoke Him."

Whilst Aussies take aim at Cardinal George Pell:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/opini...w-1225845503452

"Pell has some front acting as an apologist for Ratzinger, who may yet find himself unable to visit certain countries if warrants for his arrest in relation to the abetting of paedophiles to avoid justice and go on abusing further victims are issued. I seem to recollect Pell himself being exonerated by a hand-picked group of Church loyalists after he was accused of similar crimes. Why he was not investigated in the normal way, by the police, still mystifies. Even so, the inquisitors were still able to find that Pell's accuser was 'an honest witness', which makes their exculpation of Pell, to my simple mind, one of those 'mysteries' that the Roman Church is so fond of."

I'm getting slightly worried Davy. You seem very concerned about the Pope... :referee:

Guest Davy Jones' Locker

LOL. He is going down...

LOL. He is going down...

Yeh, and mostly on little boys.

Guest Davy Jones' Locker

Too right.

No, Man in Black, I am not a pope-obsessive. The other day, I was just starting to track the story in an RSS feed based on Google News. Just amazing to see how it is snowballing so quickly. (Okay, I was very bored at work.)

Anyway, it is the weekend now and I have better things to do, so just two stories today. Firstly, those in his hometown have started to turn on Ratzinger:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8590287.stm

Secondly, and of much more interest to the audience here, security is being tightened around the Vatican, due to fears about the widespread anger being directed towards the Pope:

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/italy/1...buse-pedophilia

Anyway, it is the weekend now and I have better things to do, so just two stories today. Firstly, those in his hometown have started to turn on Ratzinger:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8590287.stm

Interesting headline, that:

Abuse scandal shakes faith in Pope's birthplace

I've lacked faith in the Pope's birthplace all my life. To the best of my knowledge Traunstein, Bavaria doesn't exist.

regards,

Hein

Guest Davy Jones' Locker

Amidst today's batch of articles calling for him to resign, I found this gem that gives a little more insight into the Pope as a person. Not a pleasant read:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/28/world/europe/28church.html

Presumably he will be on television a fair bit next week for Easter. Wonder if we will be able to see any signs of ill health in his appearance from the stress... Apparently some protests are being planned in various places.

Why don't you register with us Davy?

Being a guest is like pissing into our tent...

Amidst today's batch of articles calling for him to resign, I found this gem that gives a little more insight into the Pope as a person. Not a pleasant read:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/28/world/europe/28church.html

Presumably he will be on television a fair bit next week for Easter. Wonder if we will be able to see any signs of ill health in his appearance from the stress... Apparently some protests are being planned in various places.

A non-fatal 'heart attack' may be enough to pull the sympathy vote I suppose...

Guest Davy Jones' Locker
Why don't you register with us Davy?

Being a guest is like pissing into our tent...

Thanks for the invite. I might just do that.

Meanwhile, Ratzinger makes things worse by saying that criticism of his paedophile cover-ups are merely "the petty gossip of dominant opinion."

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/wor...p-14746217.html

His arrogance is absolutely breathtaking. With an attitude like that, maybe he won't resign after all.

Even this guy, who is a professional Pope-watcher seems to be turning against him as well, judging from the p*ssed-off tone of this post, but doesn't think he will resign:

http://www.popes-and-papacy.com/popes_and_...he-is-pope.html

Guest Davy Jones' Locker

This gives some insight into the Vatican's strategy and what is happening as they try to save their hides:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/31/opinion/31dowd.html

Meanwhile, a US lawyer is attempting, for the first time ever, to sue the Pope. He doesn't have a chance but the supposed-"mystique" of the office is shattered.

Guest Jamez71

:angel3: The Nazi Pope Must Die :P

Lets get this Heathen on the list in 2011, if he doesnt die naturally then he should be put on it.... :deathban:

All vote for the Pope!!!

Lets get this Heathen on the list in 2011, if he doesnt die naturally then he should be put on it.... :deathban:

There's no reason to call Pope Benedict such names. "Heathen" very much depends on your point of view and if there was a Nazi pope, it was Eugenio Pacelli, aka Pope Pius XII, aka Hitler's Pope.

regards,

Hein

There's no reason to call Pope Benedict such names. "Heathen" very much depends on your point of view and if there was a Nazi pope, it was Eugenio Pacelli, aka Pope Pius XII, aka Hitler's Pope.

regards,

Hein

And what's more: having a pope on the DL is pretty much an ordeal. Once picked, you can't afford to skip him in following years, it would be the miss of the century. Pope Benedict seems to be quite healthy for his age (83) - especially compared to the Venerable pope John Paul II. The latter made it to 84, I just can't see Benedict snuff it at a younger age than his predecessor.

That would be good for me. He's my joker. If only I had been smarter with my joker! I wouldve been in 17th place. And first place had that happened and Jenn Lyon got her obit. Have I mentioned this before somewhere?

Depending on how they are counted, this Pope is likely to be the last before Armaggedon, or summat.

Think of it, the total destruction of the Catholic Church and the subsequent saving of young boys arseholes from total destruction.

God, indeed, works in mysterious ways.

On an aside, some medieval Irishman (can't think of his name, but if pushed will provide it) saw a vision including reference clues to every sucessive pope until "the end of the papacy". Apparently, the current pope is predicted as the penultimate pope before the final pope takes "centre stage".

Meanwhile, back in reality................

On an aside, some medieval Irishman (can't think of his name, but if pushed will provide it) saw a vision including reference clues to every sucessive pope until "the end of the papacy". Apparently, the current pope is predicted as the penultimate pope before the final pope takes "centre stage".

Glad to have been of help!

Depending on how they are counted, this Pope is likely to be the last before Armaggedon, or summat.

Think of it, the total destruction of the Catholic Church and the subsequent saving of young boys arseholes from total destruction.

You are a twat

Glad to have been of help!

Thats why I picked him. :angel3: And too... is "summat" that word that Vicky Pollard always uses? I figure its British slang for "something"...

You are a twat

Somebody piss on your cornflakes this morning?

Dont tell me, you are a Catholic Priest, arent you.

According to St Malachi (medieval Irish guy) the last pope will be named Peter and will be dragged through the streets of Rome by a pissed off mob. Wish I knew when it was happening, so I could buy tickets XD!!