lospalmas7

Pope Benedict XVI

is "summat" that word that Vicky Pollard always uses? I figure its British slang for "something"...

Summat like that.

Tempus!!!!!!

Tarry and talk awhile, how u doin'?

I must have been living a very sheltered life.

I had not a fucking clue that so much paramilitary material existed on there.

I wonder what the Queen was thinking when they met today. There would have been a time when she was doing her bit and he was doing his.

I wonder what the Queen was thinking when they met today. There would have been a time when she was doing her bit and he was doing his.

Could

be what she was thinking?

Could

Brilliant!

5 men arrested today for a terrorist plot to kill the Pope. The IRA once said said, 'We only have to be lucky once. You will have to be lucky always'.

Could

Those lyrics in full:

Fuck the motherfucker, fuck the motherfucker,

Fuck the motherfucker he's a fucking motherfucker.

Fuck the motherfucker, fuck the fucking fucker,

Fuck the motherfucker he's a total fucking fucker

Fuck the motherfucker, fuck the motherfucker,

Fuck the mother fucker, fuck him, fuck the motherfucker.

Fuck the motherfucker, fuck the motherfucking pope.

Fuck the motherfucker, and fuck you motherfucker

If you think that motherfucker is sacred.

If you cover for another motherfucker who's a kiddy-fucker,

Fuck you, you're no better than the motherfucking rapist.

And if you don't like the swearing that this motherfucker forced from me

And reckon it shows moral or intellectual paucity

Then fuck you motherfucker, this is language one employs

When one is fucking cross about fuckers fucking boys

I don't give a fuck if calling the pope a motherfucker

Means you unthinkingly brand me an unthinking apostate.

This has nowt to do with other fucking godly motherfuckers

I'm not interested right now in fucking scriptural debate.

There are other fucking songs and there are other fucking ways,

I'll be a religious apologist on other fucking days,

But the fact remains if you protect a SINGLE kiddy fucker

Then Pope or Prince or Plumber, you're a fucking mother fucker.

See I don't give a fuck what any other motherfucker

Believes about Jesus and his motherfucking mother.

I've no problem with the spiritual beliefs of all these fuckers

While those beliefs don't impact on the happiness of others,

But if you build your church on claims of fucking moral authority

And with threats of hell impose it on others in society,

Then you, you motherfuckers, can expect some fucking wrath

When it turns out you've been fucking us in our motherfucking asses.

So fuck the motherfucker, and fuck you motherfucker

If you're still a motherfucking papist.

If he covered for a single motherfucker who's a kiddy-fucker,

Fuck the motherfucker, he's as evil as the rapist.

And if you look into your motherfucking heart and tell me true

If this motherfucking stupid fucking song offended you,

With its filthy fucking language and its fucking disrespect,

If it made you feel angry, go ahead and write a letter,

But if you find me more offensive than the fucking possibility

The pope protected priests when they were getting fucking fiddly

Then listen to me motherfucker - this here is a fact,

You are just as morally misguided as that motherfucking,

Power-hungry, self-aggrandized bigot in the stupid fucking hat.

Fuck Tim Minchin, dude looks like a Bo Selecta puppet of Russel Brand.

He is pretty good though...but then I am easily pleased.

The highlight of the Pope's trip for me so far has been seeing Gordon Brown and Tony Blair sitting next to each other in Westminster Hall. Luckily for Blair, Brown has "zero emotional intelligence"...

Guest Davy Jones' Locker
You couldn't make it up...

Perhaps with the benefit of hindsight, he'd have called it something else.

Founder of Pope & Young Club dies at 98.

Golden. :)

Okay, I have been traveling around and only saw a few glimpses of his visit to the UK from CNN in my hotel room and he seemed slightly doddery but I would say not in any real decline yet, despite all of the stress he has presumably been under from the ongoing disastrous scandals. In fact, he seems to be weathering the storm really well. Since I am a mere beginner at this game, do more experienced death-watchers agree?

Guest Davey Jones' Locker

Any news yet if the Pedo-Pope's midnight mass is actually going to be held at midnight

Any news yet if the Pedo-Pope's midnight mass is actually going to be held at midnight

Damn! Let's try that again:

Any news yet if the Pedo-Pope's midnight mass is actually going to be held at midnight this year? If you remember, there were a lot of health rumours last year as it was brought forward a few hours, something which even the ailing John Paul 2 never did:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world...o-1225808097437

Might give us an indication into the state of Ratzinger's health this year.

Any news yet if the Pedo-Pope's midnight mass is actually going to be held at midnight this year? If you remember, there were a lot of health rumours last year as it was brought forward a few hours, something which even the ailing John Paul 2 never did:

I don't know a thing about that, but I heard a bit of Pope Ben reading mass on the box yesterday. He sounded like he's 116 years old: a weak and cracking voice and wheezing every now and again.

Of course, it also means he's still breathing.

regards,

Hein

I don't know a thing about that, but I heard a bit of Pope Ben reading mass on the box yesterday. He sounded like he's 116 years old: a weak and cracking voice and wheezing every now and again.

regards,

Hein

Sad, but true. Hopefully, somebody else will knock him to the ground this Xmas, finishing him off for good! :angel3:

regards,

Hein

Sad, but true. Hopefully, somebody else will knock him to the ground this Xmas, finishing him off for good! :angel3:

Whats the point?

Get rid of one Pope and up pops another one...

regards,

Hein

Whats the point?

Get rid of one Pope and up pops another one...

True, but who in their right mind would want that job? Sorry - forgot for a moment that this the RC Church we're talking about,.You're right, of course , once Ratzinger pegs it, there will, no doubt, be a throng of likeminded paedo protectors willing to take his place.

I believe Francis Arinze is the bookies' favourite to take over from Benny (in fairness, I think he was also the nap pick for JP2's successor), and this guy makes Ratzinger look like fucken Peter Tatchell when it comes to his views.

However, there are no black paedophiles, so at least he's safe on that account.

However, there are no black paedophiles

Really? Do you have a list of races or skin colours that aren't as trustworthy? I shall circulate it to my local schools and child care facilities immediately.

I recently read "Death of a Pope'" by Piers Paul Read. It has a flimsy thriller plot about an attempt to kill all the cardinals with nerve gas to prevent Ratzinger being elected (if only that had happened!!!) but the novel rise above the usual post-Da Vinci Code trash because the plot is just an excuse for a serious discussion of the huge self-inflicted problems facing the RCs. The book is particularly damning about the condoms/AIDS in Africa issue. No one at any level of that Church comes out unscathed from the book's assessment.

Anyway, the point is that the book also analyses many of the real papal candidates at that election. If its assessments are to be believed, Arinze simply isn't a very intelligent bloke. The other cardinals think he lacks the intellectual horsepower to be Pope.

Apparently, although many bookies consider him a favourite, he didn't get any votes at all in the last conclave, if leaks are to be believed. Arinze is too old anyway, since he is now older than Ratzinger was when that bastard was elected. From a Deathlist perspective though, Arinze may be a good candidate in the next few years, given his profile.

Anyway, beyond that book, on the subject of the next pope, yes, you are all spot on. There will be no improvement at all. The candidates range from moderately conservative to hardliners that make Ratzinger look like aresident of Amsterdam. Of course, Ratzinger is picking all of the new cardinals who will pick his successor, so this is a closed loop. :angel3:

A tiny number of the cardinals (4 or 5 at the most) do seem like genuinely decent people despite their conservatism but don't expect any of those ones to be elected and, of course, if they were, they would be brow-beaten by all of the Vatican Curia into towing the party line.

All of those cardinals in the Curia must have known to greater or lesser degrees about the child abuse cover-up, so any reform-minded cardinal wouldn't stand a chance of trying to expose the full extent of it. In fact, the next Pope will probably just be some Curial back-stabber so there is no risk of further leaks about the abuse cover up. They will choose one of their own inner circle, not one of the obscure cardinals from outlying countries.

Anyway, interesting to hear about Ratzinger's struggle to get through mass the other day. He is the type who might drop at any time, given his heart problems and previous minor strokes and stress of the job, with or without the child abuse crisis. If the Christmas Mass is early again this year, it might give some indication into what his doctors are thinking. He probably has another few years left in his tank, though.

But both R. Kelly and Michael Jackson still went to trial for it.

Forgot to mention but Anura Guruge, a fairly eccentric amateur Pope-watcher, says on one of his (multiple) blogs that Arinze (and the other black cardinals) stand no chance now because of the backlash against Obama. His supposition is that the cardinals will have watched the US events and perceived that the steep decline in Obama's popularity is partly due to a racial backlash. As a result, they wouldn't dare risk electing a black man in case they, too, lose traction in the US.

Of course, Obama's decline is due to a number of factors and there is more to the world than the US and the cardinals are so insular that they may not care anyway. As mentioned above, this Anura Guruge is very eccentric (check out his websites) and I don't have that much faith in many of his assessments but this one is, perhaps. worth bearing in mind.

Of course, if the cardinals are thinking that way, they must believe that many/most Catholics are inherently racist by thinking they would turn on a black pope by immediately pigeonholing him in with Obama solely because of the colour of his skin... They don't think too highly of their flock.

But both R. Kelly and Michael Jackson still went to trial for it.

What a ridiculous thing to say. Michael Jackson wasn't black :angel3: