lospalmas7

Pope Benedict XVI

The news is out of nowhere but at the same time not really surprising given his frailty and demanding position. I guess trying to figure out how that Twitter thing works was the straw on the camel's back.

• Like 2

God knows

Who does the pope give his letter of resignation to?

A media frenzy by the look of things.

Hmmmmm, a successor perhaps?

231761760_86d4524d83_z.jpg?zz=1

• Like 2

From Craggy Island to The Vatican

538229_535343133163904_988549101_n.jpg

• Like 4

animlol.gif

Six Popes gone but I live on doo dah, doo dah.

Six Popes gone but I live on all the doo dah day.

queen.jpg

• Like 2

From Craggy Island to The Vatican

538229_535343133163904_988549101_n.jpg

I raise your Len with a Dougal.......

579795_416594155093902_1796164961_n.jpg

• Like 6

Guest Guest

According to the prophecy of Malachi the next Pope is the last,and therefore the Anti-Christ who will bring about the destruction of the Church and Armageddon.The Book of Revelation says the Anti Christ will reign for 1260 days. That takes us to the year 2016, which is a numerical anagram of 1260. It's all starting to make sense...

i have two lists, one of people i think will die....one of people i want to die...Benny is along with Anita Bryant and Fred Phelphs on the list of people i want to die as painfully as possible......and if that makes me a bad person...i can live with it

• Like 1

Guest Guest

Monday-Pope resigns for first time in 600 years. Tuesday-North Korea explodes nuclear bomb. This is shaping up to be a very interesting week! Maybe that asteroid that passes us on friday (closest on record they say) might not miss us after all!

Well that's that then. Next please!

As if those geriatric kiddie-fiddlers would even consider a black guy. After carefully consulting my popeometer I predict it will be:

Cardinal Angelo Scola, Italy. Right age, right nationality, right level of whiteness.

If I read one more article about how "brave" the current one is for stepping down I might have to scream. He's evil, we can all see it in his eyes. Born in Germany in 1927, which couldn't be much more prime for Hitler Youth if he tried. Wait, I just checked Wikipedia, and sure enough, signed up when he was 14. But he was an "unenthusiastic member", according to his brother. Great, glad they cleared that up then. Him and Kurt Waldheim.

Will he be known in future as Ex-Benedict?

There's even a picture

Xo7B0uJ.jpg

• Like 3

Will he be known in future as Ex-Benedict?

Oi, that's what I was going to have for the DDP!

Then again, who knows when he'll cop it. Could be this year, could be next year...

According to the prophecy of Malachi the next Pope is the last,and therefore the Anti-Christ who will bring about the destruction of the Church and Armageddon.The Book of Revelation says the Anti Christ will reign for 1260 days. That takes us to the year 2016, which is a numerical anagram of 1260. It's all starting to make sense...

Nobody is interested

Nobody is interested

Wait, he could be on to something

article_887067d602f8d0ee_1360689563_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

While the world responded to the surprise of Pope Benedict XVI's resignation, the roof of St. Peter's Basilica got a shock from the heavens.

A bolt of lightning was captured hitting the Basilica, one of the holiest of Catholic churches, twice within hours of the announcement.

Well that's that then. Next please!

As if those geriatric kiddie-fiddlers would even consider a black guy. After carefully consulting my popeometer I predict it will be:

Cardinal Angelo Scola, Italy. Right age, right nationality, right level of whiteness.

I agree it is likely to be an Italian, as I said in the Cardinals thread. Ravasi is another chance, whilst one out of bitter enemies Bertone and Bagnasci might triumph over the other. In fact, I just looked at Paddy Power's PopeBet page and the Italians have already moved up a long way in the bettting since yesterday. The interesting thing though is that Spain's Llovera, once a favourite to be next in line for the job and nicknamed Little Ratzinger, has slipped right down the ranks and is now sitting at only 40-1. No idea why that is the case.

Your favourite, Scola, is interesting from a DeathList perspective as he has a history of depression. How would he cope with the stress of the top job.

This is probably bad news for those people (myself included) who have Joe on our DDP. If he had carried on he may have died within the twelve month but I think now he has retired he will be with us until at least 2016.

Perhaps he has come to the startling realisation that a man who spent years allegedly covering up for priests when they were allegedly caught allegedly fucking kids is not exactly the face the modern church should be putting forward as its leader.

"So fuck the motherfucker

And fuck you, motherfucker

If you're still a motherfucking Papist

If he covered for a single motherfucker

Who's a kiddie fucker

Fuck the motherfucker

He's as evil as the rapist"

/Minchin