lospalmas7

Pope Benedict XVI

Sucking in energy and blood from everything around you is tiring after all.

• Haha 3

Although i'm guessing Benny is actually in a bad way as the "please pray for" stuff is coming out. Complete with some Catholics using it as a stick to bash Francis with, that he hasn't public told folk to pray for the sod...

Before I was thinking to remove him from the next year list... but after this photo I thought  he is a good candidate... for now on he is undropable (like Prince Philip of Edinburgh, Stan Lee, Kirk Douglas, George H.W Bush,...)

Benedict XVI's secretary denies rumors that he is close to death

Vatican City, Oct 17, 2017 / 11:52 am (CNA/EWTN News).- Archbishop Georg Ganswein, the personal secretary of Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI, has rejected reports that the former pontiff is nearing death.
Rumors of Benedict XVI being close to death circulated on social media following a quote attributed to Ganswein, which reads, “Pope Benedict is like a candle that fades slowly. He is serene, at peace with God, with himself and the world. He can no longer walk without help and can no longer celebrate Mass.”
However, Archbishop Ganswein called this quote “pure invention.”
“It is false and wrong! I would like to know who the author of this is,” he said, according to German media outlet kath.net.
“I have received in the last two days many messages that refer to this phrase, and people are worried,” he said.
Last week, Ratzinger’s brother was at the Vatican to visit, and he has now returned home, Ganswein confirmed, adding, “Both had a good time.”

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/n...to-death-11102

Still, there's no doubt he has become noticeably more frail in the past few months. He should definitely be kept on the list for next year!

• Like 2

He had a fall 10 days ago and was left with a black eye, says this German article and cites a tweet of a bavarian bishop:

http://www.stuttgarter-zeitung.de/inhalt.papst-benedikt-xvi-ex-kirchenoberhaupt-hat-blaues-auge-nach-sturz.e5af9555-06a5-42c9-a672-792cb9a01d12.html

Is he running out of power?

37 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

He had a fall 10 days ago and was left with a black eye, says this German article and cites a tweet of a bavarian bishop:

http://www.stuttgarter-zeitung.de/inhalt.papst-benedikt-xvi-ex-kirchenoberhaupt-hat-blaues-auge-nach-sturz.e5af9555-06a5-42c9-a672-792cb9a01d12.html

Is he running out of power?

I don't see this man living past 95.

3 hours ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

Posed with two nuns, and one of them is clearly wanting his Holy Water all over her face.

dmb0ndywsaa3cdt.jpg

At least,  the photo doesn't show the giant holy erection of light.

Brain bleach required in the Pope Benedict thread...

• Like 2

I note Davey Jones hasnt been on the forum for 4 months. I think Benedict's men got him...

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Couldn't make it this month? Just for the Cup?

I can never keep track if you actually want to win your ties or not in the Cup. :D

Hey, you never know what can happen in a month - after all, Grims team of ill folk is currently losing to a team of old people.

• Like 1

Georg Ratzinger said his brother is suffering from a degenerative illness which is progressively paralyzing him. Anyway he is confident Joseph will celebrate his 91th birthday in April.

1 minute ago, drol said:

Georg Ratzinger said his brother is suffering from a degenerative illness which is progressively paralyzing him. Anyway he is confident Joseph will celebrate his 91th birthday in April.

Vatican denies all of this. Ratzinger has no illness and his brother is a dick.

Phew, that was quick!

He looks okay for his age. I think he will survive the year.

• Like 1

Looks like he's first in line for that Rubettes concert coming up...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1