lospalmas7

Pope Benedict XVI

On 28/11/2020 at 21:36, Mercarte said:

cq5dam.thumbnail.cropped.1000.563.jpeg

This is where the British Royal Family could learn from the Vatican.

I bet that black cardinal has never had any questions about how black his kids will turn out..

• Haha 2

By the way: Benedict has overlived with his 94 years two of Germany's most prominent theologians this spring -- Ute Ranke Heinemann (died  in March at age 93) and Hans Küng (died in April at age 93), both liberal opponents to Benedict, both studied/worked with him and both later criticized his church politics.

• Like 1

Is his statement to be interpreted as a prophecy? 

Or is it a revelation?

https://www.berliner-zeitung.de/news/emeritierter-papst-benedikt-sehnt-sich-nach-dem-jenseits-li.189670

>>Pope emeritus Benedict XVI. longs for earthly death according to his own word and then a reunion with friends in the hereafter. In a letter of condolence for his former professor colleague Gerhard Winkler, the 94-year-old wrote: “Now he has reached the afterlife, where many friends are sure to be waiting for him. I hope that I can join them soon. "<<

May his wishes come true :angely:

Edited by Book
  • Like 4
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Book said:

Is his statement to be interpreted as a prophecy? 

Or is it a revelation?

https://www.berliner-zeitung.de/news/emeritierter-papst-benedikt-sehnt-sich-nach-dem-jenseits-li.189670

>>Pope emeritus Benedict XVI. longs for earthly death according to his own word and then a reunion with friends in the hereafter. In a letter of condolence for his former professor colleague Gerhard Winkler, the 94-year-old wrote: “Now he has reached the afterlife, where many friends are sure to be waiting for him. I hope that I can join them soon. "<<

May his wishes come true :angely:

Nearly every person over 80 talks like that. It means nothing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

New pictures posted from this facebook page:

popeben.png.280b96d4c1cbca44088ebde320130fb9.pngbenedictxvi.png.e3635bd9d88b084aad2c1f9097676457.png

9th and 12th of December. Reported to be "doing well for his age"

Archbishop Georg Gänswein, his private secretary (seen next to him) recently said that both he and Benedict have received the third dose (source). Gänswein also mentioned that Benny is "stable in his physical frailty and crystal clear in his head"

• Like 5

He currently looks better than in a while but I don't think he'll live on for years.

His health history is impressive:

Suffered a stroke in September 1991 that either impaired his eyesight or made him blind in his left eye, apparently suffered a fall in 1992, hospitalised multiple times in the 1990s, tried to resign from his position as a cardinal three times (1991, 1996 and 2001) due to health problems, long history of heart problems: has lived with a pacemaker since 1997, arthritis, a month after he became pope he had a mild stroke in 2005, age-related heart problems + hospitalisation (possible bypass operation) in 2006, fall in 2009, retired due to high blood pressure, multiple health problems and advanced age in 2013, reported to be "fastly declining" after retirement, rumored to be "close to death" in 2017 and "increasingly frail in the last phase of his life" in 2018, face shingles and probably PHN or trigeminal neuralgia after that, "extremely frail" and "losing ability to talk" in 2020. Will be 95 in April.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Should still stay on the list IMO

Absolutely! I will be surprised if he reaches 100!

On 17/04/2021 at 21:09, Windsor said:

This is where the British Royal Family could learn from the Vatican.

I bet that black cardinal has never had any questions about how black his kids will turn out..

I getcha, I mean, when did choirboys ever get pregnant?

• Haha 2

So, IIRC, according to Nostradamus, when Pope number wotsit finally croaks then t'end of't world will appen, or summat.

So is this old fossil the last one?

13 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

So, IIRC, according to Nostradamus, when Pope number wotsit finally croaks then t'end of't world will appen, or summat.

So is this old fossil the last one?

Which one? Benny isn't even the latest one, since he retired, let alone the last one ever. It's currently Pope Francis, though there are whispers about his health I believe.

On 18/12/2021 at 13:21, arghton said:

Gänswein also mentioned that Benny is "stable in his physical frailty and crystal clear in his head"

Well, I hope his physical frailty stays stable for the next 365 days. A very risky and big drop

• Like 7

Brave of the committee to drop the Pope, in compiling the alt Deathlist we literally circled out a handful of too big to drop names thing the committee must have them too 

The Pope was one of them, (along with the Queen, Akihitio, Jimmy Carter) so hopefully gives us an advantage, between that and Field being left off the main list..

41 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Will this scandal hasten his death?

Nah. There was weekly stuff about child sex abuse in the Roman Pedo Church when he was Pope. He gave not a fuck then, and probably gives less of a fuck now. 

Still baffles me how the Pope still receives little scrutiny by the media. Even in the UK. The powerless and neutral Royal family are critiqued more than the head of a multi-billion member partisan belief system, which is pretty incredible if you think about it.

• Like 3

As my phone got the BBC breaking pushup beginning with "ex-pope Benedict" I thought the DL had an early big miss for a split second there!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Nah. There was weekly stuff about child sex abuse in the Roman Pedo Church when he was Pope. He gave not a fuck then, and probably gives less of a fuck now. 

Still baffles me how the Pope still receives less scrutiny by the media. Even in the UK. The powerless and neutral Royal family are critiqued more than the head of a multi-billion member partisan belief system, which is pretty incredible if you think about it.

Gold digg  People probably think they don't stand as much chance of getting money out of the Pope.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Toast said:

Gold digg  People probably think they don't stand as much chance of getting money out of the Pope.

The Catholic Church itself is pretty rich. 

272992147_955899761716025_19865458218493

Recent photo of Pope Emeritus. Seems still healthy for his age.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Is it me or does he seem to have lost some weight. Face seems a lot thinner to me

Has he had bad press lately? :scratchhead:

• Like 1

Doesn’t look good to me : clearly thinner, really pale and look tired… could be a big miss this year

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Mercarte said:

Recent photo of Pope Emeritus. Seems still healthy for his age.

If you compare this photo to the ones posted in December he looks to have gone downhill very quickly

• Like 2