lospalmas7

Pope Benedict XVI

I think it's mainly the posture.
Let's also keep in mind that the second photo is taken outside in January.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mercarte said:

I think it's mainly the posture.
Let's also keep in mind that the second photo is taken outside in January.

Weither it’s January or not, this doesn’t explain his pale, tired and thin look. Nor does his posture honestly…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10490147/Ex-pope-Benedict-asks-forgiveness-clerical-child-sex-abuse-watch.html

Pope Benedict asks for forgiveness for his handling of sexual abuse allegations when he was an archbishop  but denies any misconduct. 

I'm also asking you all for forigveness for the murder I didnt commit

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.catholicworldreport.com/2022/04/14/catholics-invited-to-congratulate-benedict-xvi-on-his-95th-birthday/

Catholics invited to congratulate  Pope Benedict on his 95th birthday  today. 

Victims of historic abuse and anyone old enough to have been intimidated by the Hitler Youth are likely invited to quietly reflect and keep their opinions off social media

• Like 4

https://www.vaticannews.va/de/vatikan/news/2022-04/vatikan-papst-emeritus-benedikt-xvi-geburtstag-gaenswein-horeb.html

An article from Vatican News in which his secretary Gänswein describes Benedikts health in detail (Gänswein seems to love to tell such stuff, as he also snitched stuff about Schuhmacher's health to the yellow press after he visited him). I couldn't find a translation, so I just sum it up. As it is obvious, Benedikt is quite frail and can't walk longer distances anymore and his voice is weak, so he can't hold a mess as the main celebrant. But he is also described as mentally still very sharp. Their days obviously consist out of praying, correspondence and writing, midday sleeping, visitors and watching TV. Benedict still does a small daily walk in the afternoon and play some music.

• Like 1

On 23/05/2022 at 15:44, arghton said:

Reading birthday greetings

csm_papst-emeritus-benedikt-liest-glueckwuensche_6005778063.jpg.c8226800ca155cb5176d8ba5a8bfb5fc.jpg

“…And this one says Happy Birthday, Cunto”

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, I.R.Baboon said:

Had a lot of visitors coming over yesterday: https://www.vaticannews.va/en/pope/news/2022-08/pope-francis-and-new-cardinals-visit-benedict-xvi.html

And he looks really frail now (so I think he should be back on the list next year)

https://youtu.be/YNCWnG3B-Yo

Very frail.

I’d give him 6-8 months tops.

• Like 3

Get him back on the damn list! (and keep him there until he's dead)

He's survived atleast two strokes (1991, and May 2005 a month after his papacy started), has been suffering from "an age-related heart condition" since atleast 1991 when he had his first stroke, has a pacemaker, has had bypass operations, falls, everything. I wouldn't be suprised at all if he didn't make it to 2023.

He's also completely ready for death. “He always says goodbye giving you a beautiful smile and feels ready for the definitive encounter with the Lord”

• Like 5

I would never have taken him off the list in the first place. This feels like a 2022 miss yet to come.

• Like 7

Tried to see him a couple of days ago. But I wasn't invited.

• Like 7

Would be madness not to have on next years list if he makes it. Was madness to take him off this years IMO. Not exactly in excellent shape for some in their mid 90s a la Dick Van Dyke 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Tried to see him a couple of days ago. But I wasn't invited.

If Benny and Francis aren't getting to know you, they're missing out, @gcreptile.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MariNisia said:

If Benny and Francis aren't getting to know you, they're missing out, @gcreptile.

*Frankie and Benny

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Back on the list next year if he makes it

I don't get it, why he has been exluded several times from the main list. I mean since his debut in 2017, he has been exluded from 2019, 2020 and 2022 now.

I get that there was other people more likely to die then him, but he is a big name and has been frail since before he turned 90.

Imo he is more likely to die before some the other that is on the list this year like Dick Cheney, Dick Van Dyke, Emperor Akihito and David Attenborough for example.

There is also some people like Bill Gates' father (William H Gates) that was on the 2020 list, that wasn't a household name.

He should absolutely return on in 2023, if he is alive then.

The same goes with Joanne Woodward also to return in 2023 if she to is alive then. I just they don't die right before nee year like Desmond Tutu did last year.

Not to criticize the admins, but im just curious on this.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Stuart Beck said:

I agree that he needs to be on the 2023 list but I personally don't think he looks that bad in the picture above, might even pass for someone 10 years younger.

I disagree.He looks terrible.Looks expressionless gaunt and very frail and  without the costume no one would recognise him.

• Like 2

But yeah a must have for DL 2023 .Maybe even at number 1.Would be a much better shout than Dick Van Dyke or Kissenger who is still alert and recognisable.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Sean said:

But yeah a must have for DL 2023 .Maybe even at number 1.Would be a much better shout than Dick Van Dyke or Kissenger who is still alert and recognisable.

If J. Carter is alive, he should be the #1. The former Pope should be in the Top 5 certainly though

• Like 3