Death Watch Beatle

Desmond Tutu

He will be a great lost to students. They will have to think of some other form of Cockney slang for a 2:2 other than a Desmond.

He will be a great lost to students. They will have to think of some other form of Cockney slang for a 2:2 other than a Desmond.

Mr/Ms Custard,

Are you a ballet dancer?

Hope you enjoy DL. :banghead:

And is your Avatar Mr. Claypole from "Rentaghost"?

rentaghost.jpg

I think the evidence is quite clear!

Guest Guest
Mr/Ms Custard

[goes to look] no, I'm still a Mr, even after the ballet accident :)

DL looks fun, thanks. I'll stick around and share the madness....or infect you all with mine.

Damn, I got logged out for some reason.

Anyway, yes, that's Mr. Claypole from Rentaghost. I wonder if he's still alive?! There is a greater chance that one of the two people inside Dobbin has died.....but, regardless of what my older brother says, I still think that horse was real. I'm sure I saw him fall at Beechers Brook in the National the other week.

I would advise anyone who wonders what on earth this is all about to try here.

Sadly, Michael Staniforth who played Mr Timothy Claypole died in 1987 of an AIDS related illness. There aren't too many left from the Rentaghost glory years........

Guest One Man Jury
There aren't too many left from the Rentaghost glory years........

Yes, but they could be real ghosts now of course.

Archbishop Desmond Tutu probably deserves inclusion as well. He was first diagnosed with prostate cancer in 1996 and last month he announced it has returned.

Statistically speaking you are more likely to die of cancer the second time around... :(

The Most Reverend turns 80 today. :(

regards,

Hein

Ive always liked Tutu, didn't need to resort to necklacing to make a point like Mandela.

He wont get the plaudits and the arse licking that Nelson did in death but, I reckon, he is a giant of a man where Mandela was a bit of a cunt.

Mandela was South Africas Bobby Sands ( albeit without dying in jail) or summat.

• Like 2

Ive always liked Tutu, didn't need to resort to necklacing to make a point like Mandela.

He wont get the plaudits and the arse licking that Nelson did in death but, I reckon, he is a giant of a man where Mandela was a bit of a cunt.

Mandela was South Africas Bobby Sands ( albeit without dying in jail) or summat.

Been missing your pithy contributions LFN, but sticking "Mandela" and "cunt" in the same argumentative point is fearless no nonsense of the highest order, or summat.

Been missing your pithy contributions LFN, but sticking "Mandela" and "cunt" in the same argumentative point is fearless no nonsense of the highest order, or summat.

Certainly would have been if he said a year ago...

Aye, I did and always have.

Mandela was not the lovely old uncle he was portrayed as, not much went on without his say so and plenty of people were murdered on his watch.

You could well imagine, in an era now gone, him being told ( in the same way a young starlet is told to drop her long term boyfriend by the film studio) to drop Winnie like a sack of shit off of a quayside because it would damage his carefully cultivated image as South Africas Ghandi.

Im not saying that the cause wasn't just or worth fighting for but I admit to being a cynical old twat, with good reason.

Mandela wasn't the genius, the people that puppeteered him were.

I even reckon the man had been dead for far longer than the official announcement but, then again, I do love a conspiracy.

Mandela was not the lovely old uncle he was portrayed as, not much went on without his say so and plenty of people were murdered on his watch.

You could well imagine, in an era now gone, him being told ( in the same way a young starlet is told to drop her long term boyfriend by the film studio) to drop Winnie like a sack of shit off of a quayside because it would damage his carefully cultivated image as South Africas Ghandi.

Im not saying that the cause wasn't just or worth fighting for but I admit to being a cynical old twat, with good reason.

I even reckon the man had been dead for far longer than the official announcement but, then again, I do love a conspiracy.

Loads of people were murdered on his watch (1994-99) it's South Africa for fuck's sake! Murder is a national sport! Unless of course you mean his "terroristic activities in the 1960s. His opponents were hardly paragons of virtue, were they? I mean, let's face it, you wouldn't invite them round for tea and cakes...

• Like 1

Loads of people were murdered on his watch (1994-99) it's South Africa for fuck's sake! Murder is a national sport! Unless of course you mean his "terroristic activities in the 1960s. His opponents were hardly paragons of virtue, were they? I mean, let's face it, you wouldn't invite them round for tea and cakes...

Yes, it would seem that murder and mayhem did follow him around like a fart clinging to your ring piece.

I was referring to his "freedom fighting" activities which, as you say, didn't necessarily involve the murders of nuns or owt, however, setting yourself up as somesort of judge and jury isn't really part of the democracy game, is it.

I suppose, in a way, he was no different to the Adams/Mcguiness scenario we now have.

The difference being though, the leaders of the World haven't exactly been licking said ex Provos arses clean in the way that they did with Mandela.

I know Im a fuddy duddy but I found that all a bit, well sick used to rise in me throat, aye.

I think it would be fair to say that Gerry Adams' demise will not interrupt TV programmes, unless he decided to stick a knife in the Prime Minister's head or something!

• Like 1

If Tutu continues to totter and Mugabe meanders towards the finish line, we should set up a race thread.

Maybe calling it the Ailing African Award, or summat.

Oh aye, and if an elder clergyman interfered with him during his training would that be a case of a Vicar in a Tutu?

If you're struggling with the above, check out The Smiths' Queen is Dead album.