Death Watch Beatle

Desmond Tutu

For those wondering and too lazy to follow the click bait this is the form studying that matters: Although his family had not given much detail concerning the exact ailment Tutu has been battling, they reportedly said it was however not anything related to the prostate cancer he has battled for almost 20 years.

So he's back 2 and a half days after he discharged. Wonder how close he is to death.

Hold on a sec for a more reliable source.

Hold on a sec for a more reliable source.

This reminds me of Islam Karimov.

BBC News headlines aren't covering it?

It's seeming to be fake. No major news sources are headlining it.

It's always a little disappointing when it turns out to be a hoax, isn't it?

• Like 3

BBC News headlines aren't covering it?

It's seeming to be fake. No major news sources are headlining it.

Retired archbishop Desmond Tutu has said he is happy Nelson Mandela is dead

so he does not have to see what South Africa's current leaders are doing to the country.

• Like 3

Great this report made me look like an idiot on reddit.

the report he died earlier on today was a hoax. however it seems he may have died for real in the last few minutes. trying to verify it...

the report he died earlier on today was a hoax. however it seems he may have died for real in the last few minutes. trying to verify it...

They used that same page as evidence. It's fake

damn! why do they have to these hoaxes?! :banghead:

It's especially annoying when they are one of our candidates

I think the answer is obvious: they want to harvest some clicks.

They have strong incentives to report Any story that happens to originate from a janitor that works in the hospital where he was treated, or just happens to know the janitor that allegedly works in the hospital where he was treated.

Even if the rumours are false, they are guaranteed to be the First to cover the story, so any subsequent report should cite Them as the primary source as the news spreads. Yeah, it'll soon turn out to be a hoax, but they aready have the clicks, don't they?

On the other hand, if the rumour happens to be true, they might be the First site that covers the story. Even if subsequent news reports cite a more reliable source (hospital's spokesman), they might win the race for the social media since they might be shared/linked faster than their rivals. And social media people rarely care about reliability.

• Like 1

I think the answer is obvious: they want to harvest some clicks.

They have strong incentives to report Any story that happens to originate from a janitor that works in the hospital where he was treated, or just happens to know the janitor that allegedly works in the hospital where he was treated.

Even if the rumours are false, they are guaranteed to be the First to cover the story, so any subsequent report should cite Them as the primary source as the news spreads. Yeah, it'll soon turn out to be a hoax, but they aready have the clicks, don't they?

On the other hand, if the rumour happens to be true, they might be the First site that covers the story. Even if subsequent news reports cite a more reliable source (hospital's spokesman), they might win the race for the social media since they might be shared/linked faster than their rivals. And social media people rarely care about reliability.

Considering that his Twitter page is saying that he's alive, it has a 97% chance that his death is not true.

I know, it's a shame that Desmond Tutu is such an obscure person that his death, were it to happen, wouldn't be, oh I don't know, the major breaking news story for every fucking news source in the Western world and most beyond.

"Oh, is this a hoax?" I think you'll be able to tell quite quickly if it wasn't a fucking hoax!

You know what I say to these hoaxers?

Don't mess with my Tutu!

• Like 6

I know, it's a shame that Desmond Tutu is such an obscure person that his death, were it to happen, wouldn't be, oh I don't know, the major breaking news story for every effing news source in the Western world and most beyond.

"Oh, is this a hoax?" I think you'll be able to tell quite quickly if it wasn't a effing hoax!

Major breaking news story? In South Africa, surely. Everywhere in the West? Nah, I don't think so. He'd probably make the front page on major news sites, but hardly the most prominent spot.

He's a symbol of black resistance under the Apartheid, Nobel Peace Prize laureate and a South African hero, just like Mandela, but the latter was also a president and perhaps the most influential post-Apartheid politician in SA to date.

I know, it's a shame that Desmond Tutu is such an obscure person that his death, were it to happen, wouldn't be, oh I don't know, the major breaking news story for every effing news source in the Western world and most beyond.

"Oh, is this a hoax?" I think you'll be able to tell quite quickly if it wasn't a effing hoax!

Major breaking news story? In South Africa, surely. Everywhere in the West? Nah, I don't think so. He'd probably make the front page on major news sites, but hardly the most prominent spot.

He's a symbol of black resistance under the Apartheid, Nobel Peace Prize laureate and a South African hero, just like Mandela, but the latter was also a president and perhaps the most influential post-Apartheid politician in SA to date.

He's definitely big enough that the BBC would get him. Unless someone like Bob Dylan died the same day, he would be the front page.

Even Hamlet is getting impatient with Desmond

"O that this TuTu solid flesh would melt,

Thaw, and resolve itself into a dew"

• Like 1