Sign in to follow this  
Simon I

THE UK GENERAL ELECTION

If there was a general election tomorrow, who would you vote for?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Oh my goodness! You must have an extremely low opinion of all the others if you think they are worse than that vacuous windbag.

Either that or you are a blithering idiot.

Why was I told:

"You have already voted in this poll"

Is someone else using the same IP as me?

Same thing happened to me! I would also like to vote in this poll but seemingly I already have???!!!!!!!

Why was I told:

Same thing happened to me! I would also like to vote in this poll but seemingly I already have???!!!!!!!

Did you perchance do a null vote/view results before coming back to vote?

If so, the "null vote" is possibly the part that you are overlooking.

For what it’s worth.

Having voted Labour since the dark days of Kinnock, I’m torn on this one. On the one hand, I despise what Blair has done to the reputation of the party and country, whilst on the other I’d hate to see the human Exxon-Valdez disaster that is Howard running this country. Having once lived in his constituency and met the man on a few occasions, I can confirm he is just as creepy in the flesh. It’s going to have to come down to which candidate would be the better representative MP and the Lib Dem chancer in my constituency frankly would be a shocker.

Having said that, I did vote Respect in the Mayoral elections but that was strictly a protest vote.

For what it’s worth.

I did vote Respect in the Mayoral elections but that was strictly a protest vote.

Respect? Who / what is that then?

For what it’s worth.

I did vote Respect in the Mayoral elections but that was strictly a protest vote.

It's what Josco Junior's got none of, what Mrs Josco wants more of, and what a minute's silence is out of.

It's also an anagram of spectre, sceptre and PC reset by the way.

I hope that helps.

It's what Josco Junior's got none of, what Mrs Josco wants more of, and what a minute's silence is out of.

It's also an anagram of spectre, sceptre and PC reset by the way.

I hope that helps.

Good. :D;);)

For what it’s worth.

Gorgeous George Galloway and his cronies.

Utterly unelectable, but a good protest vote against Blair.

Why was I told:

What is a "Null vote"?

Why was I told:

What is a "Null vote"?

It just means that you went into the "view results" section before attempting to vote. When this happens, your vote is annulled or voided.

6.5 million postal votes, a massive rise on any previous election. A Labour party expert is quoted as saying "You need 75,000 to win elections in this country, and I know where they all are."

Oh to be in England, land of the free, mother of Parliaments and democracy.

You read Private Eye too then, Mr Josco?

Well spotted my multi equine friend.

Never miss it. I only buy it for 'Celeb' though.

I enjoyed it, in isolation, but I did not feel it reflected the strip cartoon series. I don't think that trying to get a 1/2 hour show out of a 4 picture strip can be easy.

Liberal Democrat candidate, Jo Harrison dies at 53

The Liberal Democrat candidate for the South Staffordshire constituency has died following a short illness, it has been confirmed.

Jo Harrison, 53, died at her home in Kinver on Saturday morning.

A spokesman for the Lib Dems said her death had not been sudden but would not reveal the nature of the illness.

As a result of her death, the constituency election on Thursday will be abandoned and a by-election will be called next month.

For all those not intending to vote Conservative, be warned, alternative historian Anthony Wells has come up with a plausible horror scenario for what might have happened if an England World Cup quarter final victory against Germany in 1970 had addled peoples brains into giving Harold Wilson another chance.

The best bit for me(apart from Home Secretary Mrs. T. rejecting over 1000 appeals for clemency from people under the death sentence) is when Field Marshall the Lord Bramall (potential DL candidate?) gets locked up for a long time. A thing which ought to have been done to him and more importantly also to his extended family a long time ago. In my opinion.

On a more serious note, I see they have wheeled out veteran Liberal and former Deathlist Candidate

Jeremy Thorpe to give Tony and Mr Howard a good tongue-lashing about their dubious excuses for supporting Mr Bush's war.

He is 76 and has Parkinson's. I wonder how much longer he will last.

I too am a Private eye Reader

A first class news periodical for the discerning reader. A suprising amount of political or business 'news' that is regarded as new and important by other daily publications has been covered or hinted at in the Eye previously.

For all those not intending to vote Conservative, be warned, alternative historian Anthony Wells has come up with a plausible horror scenario for what might have happened if an England World Cup quarter final victory against Germany in 1970 had addled peoples brains into giving Harold Wilson another chance.

Blimey, that took me a while. Damn fine read.

I see Mister Bush is doing his bit to frighten folks into supporting his buddy Tony. :rip:

Pathetic.

Pa- thetic.

I see Mister Bush is doing his bit to frighten folks into supporting his buddy Tony. :rip:

Pathetic.

equally pathetic is the headline in the mini-Standard, a paper so bad I usually decline it when the bloke tries to thrust it into my hands, for free:

"Britain under Poll Day Terror Attack". Silly me, I actually for a moment thought this might have meant some sort of incident taking place within the British Isles, but no, it was a mere 3,00 miles away, in New York, at the British Consulate. No injuries. I suppose by this same logic if a British soldier were to be fired upon by an Iraqi insurgent with a water pistol the Standard could have used the same headline.

Pathetic.

With the record of US forces picking out the British with friendly fire, this must have been the Marines.

Mind you it was hidden in a plant pot so perhaps it's Charlie Dimmock (butt ugly TV gardener for our overseas readers) revenging herself for her cancelled show.