Sign in to follow this  
Anubis the Jackal

George Cole

Congrats, I guess...

Edit: Likely a record year for the Death List, IF the low-hanging fruits actually drop this year.

• Like 1

Goodbye Uncle George, sad to see you go but you were my fourth hit of the year so that is of some comfort :)

Guest Guest

DEAD according to a dumb guest who posted in another thread, not knowing that he is on the list.

Edit: Nevermind, it was George COE who died. Guest either typoed or wanted to mess with us.

looks like the dumb guest was a psychic ! One of the sadder deaths though .always had a soft spot for old George . RIP

Arthur Daley, 'e's not alright

Sad death, but any excuse to post this:

R.I.p Cole you were awesome.

• Like 1

I used to watch Minder a lot when growing up, although I barely remember any of the episodes with the exception that Dennis Waterman sang the theme song.

• Like 1

I used to watch Minder a lot when growing up, although I barely remember any of the episodes with the exception that Dennis Waterman sang the theme song.

i know that and only ever watched Little Britain

He wrote the theme toon, sang the theme toon....

• Like 2

Guest Steve

I remember him in the St Trinian film with the steam trains.

I remember him in the St Trinian film with the steam trains.

I think you'll find many people who remember St Trinians.

Wow.... 10 hits and there are still almost 5 months left in the year. I presume we'll get 15 with the help of Martin Crowe, Valerie Harper, maybe Bhumibol Adulyadej, maybe Zsa Zsa Gabor, and one of the U.S. political figures (Bush, Reagan, Kissinger, Dole). Oh, I forgot about Kohl... we all though he'd die in June. Oh, whatever. Point is we should have at least 15.

Wow.... 10 hits and there are still almost 5 months left in the year. I presume we'll get 15 with the help of Martin Crowe, Valerie Harper, maybe Bhumibol Adulyadej, maybe Zsa Zsa Gabor, and one of the U.S. political figures (Bush, Reagan, Kissinger, Dole). Oh, I forgot about Kohl... we all though he'd die in June. Oh, whatever. Point is we should have at least 15.

Don't speak too soon, we've been known to have lengthy 'droughts' after a fruitful period

Don't speak too soon, we've been known to have lengthy 'droughts' after a fruitful period
Doubt it, some of the people I listed just have to die this year, most of the deaths so far were unexpected people so we can expect the expected people to die.

Doubt it, some of the people I listed just have to die this year, most of the deaths so far were unexpected people so we can expect the expected people to die.
I didn't say that no one else would die this year, merely that it may be a while before the next hit, check out the previous years. 2013, for example, had a dry spell of 4 whole months between hits but we still managed a solid 13

i see no reason that zsa zsa will go this year. DL's top coffin dodger that one

• Like 1

We've had six "age-related" deaths so far, Cole, Macnee, King, Lee, O'Sullevan and Kerkorian. There are about 35 people on the list who were mainly chosen because they were old (i.e. no terminal cancer, no ALS, no "how can they still be alive??" cases like Gabor, Graham, Bhumibol). Six out of 35 is 17%, which is roughly the mortality rate of the average 90 year old man. The average age of the people picked for their age is in the low 90s, I guess, but there are a few women who, statistically, can be expected to live a little longer. So basically, with six age-related deaths, the list has reached the expected quota for age-related deaths. More age-related deaths would be a little lucky.

P.S.: Though maybe the number of age-related picks on the list is closer to 30 which makes the six deaths so far quite a success.

i see no reason that zsa zsa will go this year. DL's top coffin dodger that one

But then we all have to pay the piper sometime and she's only being kept alive by tubes and machines, and the quality of her care may well decline as her finances run dry

I didn't say that no one else would die this year, merely that it may be a while before the next hit, check out the previous years. 2013, for example, had a dry spell of 4 whole months between hits but we still managed a solid 13

14 is the record correct? There already was the dry spell this year. 0 hits from Jan 1 to Feb 27. Then after Sam Simon on Mar 8 no more for 2 months. So the first 5 1/2 months of the year there was only 2 but there have been 8 in the 3 months since.

• Like 1

'im underground!

A lot of old twaddle usually gets written about celebrity deaths (Cilla Black... nopity.gif ), but with George it really does feel like the passing of an era - the genial spiv character actor who by all accounts was a thoroughly nice chap. Cheerio George.

(why did I not put you in the DP?? You died up the bloody road from the Nags as well. Gah)

• Like 1