Guest Death List Observer

Charles Manson

2 hours ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

In the meantime, Charles Manson won't be released due to overcrowding, and two Manson followers are denied parole.

Bruce Davis

Patricia Krenwinkel

Should the aging Manson followers have their own thread? They are starting to have more parole hearings and they are going into their 70's and 80's, which most prisoners don't reach (Manson excluded of course!)

Actually a fair point about collecting the Manson mob in their own thread.

Was a Tv show, no?

The Manson Family. *clicks fingers*

• Like 1

What's the point of starting another thread?  This one is easily found, and any news about members of the group is likely to get posted in both.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Toast said:

What's the point of starting another thread?  This one is easily found, and any news about members of the group is likely to get posted in both.

Fair point. But his followers and Manson himself are completely different, and not every update about a follower should clog up this thread or the life in prison thread.

I think it's just confusing.  Manson's followers are inextricably associated with him, they would have no fame/infamy but for him.

Incidentally, I have just read a book loosely based on the Manson cult called "The Girls" by Emma Cline.  It was dreadful.  Avoid.

• Like 1

Susan Atkins made the list in 2009. But then again, she had cancer and was probably one of the most famous of his followers anyways.

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

Susan Atkins made the list in 2009. But then again, she had cancer and was probably one of the most famous of his followers anyways.

Yes, I'm not saying they shouldn't be on the DL.  If they are on the DL they automatically get a thread. 

But otherwise there is plenty of room here to discuss them.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

In the meantime, Charles Manson won't be released due to overcrowding, and two Manson followers are denied parole.

Bruce Davis

Patricia Krenwinkel

Should the aging Manson followers have their own thread? They are starting to have more parole hearings and they are going into their 70's and 80's, which most prisoners don't reach (Manson excluded of course!)

The name of this thread could be changed to Charles Manson and his mind-less twits (or Hopefully something better). There are still lots of his followers outside of prison as well as the ones still locked up. Do not need a new thread.

So should I make the Manson followers thread? Seems like both sides of the argument have support. I don't want to make a thread that would automatically be deleted though.

How many are there?

3 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

How many are there?

Tons. Enough to get a ____ has been denied parole for the 36th time post in either the Life In Prison or Charles Manson thread every week.

16 minutes ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

So should I make the Manson followers thread? Seems like both sides of the argument have support. I don't want to make a thread that would automatically be deleted though.

This current Manson thread is more than sufficient for reports on his "Family".

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Don't bother. I'll only delete it.  This thread is good enough. 

• Like 9

Anyone want to guess which director is going to explore the Manson family in his next film? No? 

It's Quentin Tarantino.

Which actor do you think will play Manson´s character?

Christoph Waltz.

Also, Samuel L Jackson will show up in it, and be the best thing in the entire film.

Brad Pitt is apparently involved in it. The "12 Monkeys" Pitt would work.

Jennifer Lawrence and Margot Robbie are the main rumors for the actress to play Sharon Tate.  

9 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Jennifer Lawrence and Margot Robbie are the main rumors for the actress to play Sharon Tate.  

Though it looks like those rumors on Lawrence are getting shut down by Tarantino himself. As for Christoph Waltz, I can definitely see him playing Roman Polanski in the film, as the film is apparently more centered on the Tate family than the Manson family apparently.

24 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Though it looks like those rumors on Lawrence are getting shut down by Tarantino himself. As for Christoph Waltz, I can definitely see him playing Roman Polanski in the film, as the film is apparently more centered on the Tate family than the Manson family apparently.

Just can't read the comment above without thinking of this.....

4 hours ago, earl said:

Johnny Vegas - he'd smash it!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, earl said:

Steve Railsback played Manson in a film from the 1970s. (Helter Skelter 1976. Google Steve Railsback, Manson Monologue.) His acting was tremendous and chilling at the same time. He is a very under-rated actor for sure. People believed he was Manson - this might have type-casted him at the time. Not sure which youngish actor today is good enough for this role. Manson was in his late 30s I believe during his crime spree and is very charismatic still today. 

9 hours ago, msc said:

Christoph Waltz.

Also, Samuel L Jackson will show up in it, and be the best thing in the entire film.

Manson hated Blacks, so what role would Samuel Jackson play? Just curious. 

8 minutes ago, theoldlady said:

Manson hated Blacks, so what role would Samuel Jackson play? Just curious. 

"The best thing in the entire film", like I said.

:P

It's Tarrantino. Not sure historical accuracy is quite what they're going for...