Guest Death List Observer

Charles Manson

Like one of the Ian Brady threads on here questioning the same thing, Wonder where they buried the body of this scum bag? 

• Like 1

Leslie van Houten denied parole by Governor Jerry Brown on Friday. 

Also: would it be possible to change the title of this thread to something like Charles Manson and family members?

• Like 1

Saw the headline "Charles Manson's Body On Ice". 

I thought, next thing you know they'll turn it in to a musical 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/20/2018 at 11:20, theoldlady said:

Also: would it be possible to change the title of this thread to something like Charles Manson and family members?

Thank you for adding: And his Family to the title of this thread. Have a great day!

• Like 1

On 20/01/2018 at 10:20, theoldlady said:

Leslie van Houten denied parole by Governor Jerry Brown on Friday. 

Yeah, or Family Entertainment!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 16/2/2018 at 19:33, Phantom said:

Saw the headline "Charles Manson's Body On Ice". 

I thought, next thing you know they'll turn it in to a musical 

Are Torvill & Dean doing the choreography? 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, coffee_and_candles said:

manson.jpg.e1e8b38f79076d7167b3718844a3a8df.jpg

Cremated yesterday apparently (photo from Daily Mail)

Worst cremation ever then. He's not even mildly singed.

latest?cb=20160416074232This is more what I'd have expected. Still, Daily Heil eh?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, coffee_and_candles said:

manson.jpg.e1e8b38f79076d7167b3718844a3a8df.jpg

Cremated yesterday apparently (photo from Daily Mail)

Was hoping to read that Tex Watson had been shanked and killed, However this picture is good too. Burn Baby, burn! 

• Like 1

So, a two part documentary starts on UK TV this Thursday promising "inside tapes" from the days of the Manson Family. 

More to the point - might give us some form studying where the surviving family members are concerned

• Like 2

3 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

So, a two part documentary starts on UK TV this Thursday promising "inside tapes" from the days of the Manson Family. 

More to the point - might give us some form studying where the surviving family members are concerned

...and I'll be applying what I learn from these tapes to my own family tree.  Just in case, I mean.....

• Like 1

A third consecutive California governor is blocking parole for a former follower of late cult leader Charles Manson who has been in prison for decades for two of the Manson family’s slayings in the 1960s.  Gov. Gavin Newsom on Friday reversed a parole recommendation for Bruce Davis, now 77, for the 1969 slayings of musician Gary Hinman and stuntman Donald "Shorty" Shea. It was the sixth time Davis was recommended for parole but blocked by a governor.

SC

• Like 1

On 16/11/2019 at 16:17, Sir Creep said:

A third consecutive California governor is blocking parole for a former follower of late cult leader Charles Manson who has been in prison for decades for two of the Manson family’s slayings in the 1960s.  Gov. Gavin Newsom on Friday reversed a parole recommendation for Bruce Davis, now 77, for the 1969 slayings of musician Gary Hinman and stuntman Donald "Shorty" Shea. It was the sixth time Davis was recommended for parole but blocked by a governor.

SC

It took them over seven years to find Shorty and Davis' silence on the matter didn't help. Not exactly making friends whilst in captivity in the early days

• Like 1

Krenwinkel, after being denied parole 14 times, finally got the nod in May and her case was sent to Gov. Newsom for the final stamp of approval, which today, he declined to give. I think it's safe to say that none of the Manson 'family' will ever be getting out.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, jcc said:

Krenwinkel, after being denied parole 14 times, finally got the nod in May and her case was sent to Gov. Newsom for the final stamp of approval, which today, he declined to give. I think it's safe to say that none of the Manson 'family' will ever be getting out.

A few of them have already been released I think?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

A few of them have already been released I think?

Correct but only one who was convicted of murder (Clem Grogan) has been released and that was back in 1985. 

• Like 1

From the Susan Atkins thread:

On 27/09/2009 at 12:09, Handrejka said:

I was off sick on Friday and spent most of the day asleep. When I woke up somehow I knew that SA had probably died because it would happen on a day I couldn't use Facebook. Do you think her death would have got any UK publicity if it happened on a significant anniversary of the killings? Which of the Manson gang do you think will be next to go? I think either Manson or Kasabian .

For more than you ever wished to know on the Manson Family, this site is pretty good.

http://truthontatelabianca.com/index.php

Now it appears that Linda Kasabian is being reported dead on the basis of this which reports a death of a Linda Darlene Chiochios, another name she used: https://www.thenewstribune.com/news/local/article272541349.html

She was present at both the Tate and LaBianca murders but received immunity by testifying for the prosecution.

Astonishing if her death has flown under the radar.

• Like 5
  • Shocked 4

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

From the Susan Atkins thread:

Now it appears that Linda Kasabian is being reported dead on the basis of this which reports a death of a Linda Darlene Chiochios, another name she used: https://www.thenewstribune.com/news/local/article272541349.html

She was present at both the Tate and LaBianca murders but received immunity by testifying for the prosecution.

Astonishing if her death has flown under the radar.

Seems to have just been picked up on social media/blogs. NY Times obit will surely follow.

Very controversial figure. Many people were disgusted that she received immunity for testifying as a witness. That's a very difficult area of the law and one that makes people feel uncomfortable either way, though her testifying should have meant a significantly reduced sentence IMO, not immunity.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Seems to have just been picked up on social media/blogs. NY Times obit will surely follow.

Very controversial figure. Many people were disgusted that she received immunity for testifying as a witness. That's a very difficult area of the law and one that makes people feel uncomfortable either way, though her testifying should have meant a significantly reduced sentence IMO, not immunity.

I might be wrong but it sounds like that wasn’t an option as a jury decided sentencing not a judge and therefore there was no way to effectively ensure an reduced sentence.