Sign in to follow this  
Guest Death List Observer

Lady Bird Johnson

I have been informed within the past two days that the death of Lady Bird Johnson is indeed imminent. The 92-year-old former first lady could become a major miss for the list.

BREAKING NEWS -- The death of Lady Bird Johnson is likely to come within months, I've been told.

Very interesting, I'll have to keep CNN on to watch for any news on her. If this does happen, I believe it will indeed be a big miss for the list.

Well i can say since last year i advised the deathlist many times about ladybird and i feel it is a huge miss if she dies. Shes 92 or so and is not in the best health.

I cant understand how you can choose some of these celebs on this list over her?

Should have been in the top ten...

Don't expect to see anything on the news. Believe it or not, (I've never said this because I wouldn't believe any other user in the forum making the same claim) I am actually familiar with someone well connected to the Johnson family. I do not know Lady Bird personally, but my source has told me that Lady Bird's death is, in all likelihood, very near (by that he could mean hours, days, weeks, or months).

Guest Guest

imminent means days,not months..plenty of people will die before she does..for example gerald ford isclose to death

Guest Guest
imminent means days,not months..plenty of people will die before she does..for example gerald ford isclose to death

Do you know that for sure about Gerald Ford?

Guest LilMimi
I have been informed within the past two days that the death of Lady Bird Johnson is indeed imminent. The 92-year-old former first lady could become a major miss for the list.

Guess we'll know when the lights go out in her bedroom, lol.

www.americanpresidents.org/grantstomb/ This site shows burial places of presidents and their wives. There are 2 pics of the LBJ gravesite at the LBJ ranch family cemetary. Mrs. Johnson will be buried to the former president's left.

If, by some miracle, the old dear doesn't peg it in the near future, she is a MUST for the 2006 list.

If, by some miracle, the old dear doesn't peg it in the near future, she is a MUST for the 2006 list.

Absolutely! But I've got a feeling that won't happen. If DLO does in fact have a connection close to the Johnson family, I suspect the news of Mrs. Johnson's death will come pretty soon, at the latest by the end of the year. Deathlist should have had her on the list instead of Betty Ford. If they can only have one president and one first lady, Lady Bird would have been the better choice. Would probably have been a Deathlist success for 2005.

Guest first lady
BREAKING NEWS -- The death of Lady Bird Johnson is likely to come within months, I've been told.

DLO, where are you? What's the latest on Mrs. LBJ?

"Lucid"

Guest first lady
"Lucid"

So she's still conscious huh?

Found a site for a local news station in Austin, TX Last month Lady Bird and George Bush Sr. and Barbara recieved a distinguished citizen award for the state of Texas. Both Bushs were there to accept, but Luci Johnson accepted for her mother. Apparently Lady Bird was already too ill to attend.

My source is no longer classifying the death of Lady Bird Johnson as "imminent" as he did Monday, but he is nonetheless convinced that the former first lady will die within a year. Obviously, that time period includes 2006, so, should she survive this "episode," she should be placed on next year's list. I can't imagine her making it until 2007.

My source is no longer classifying the death of Lady Bird Johnson as "imminent" as he did Monday, but he is nonetheless convinced that the former first lady will die within a year. Obviously, that time period includes 2006, so, should she survive this "episode," she should be placed on next year's list. I can't imagine her making it until 2007.

Thanks for the info...keep us posted.

"Lucid"

Lucid? Wasn't that the daughter's name?

No, wait that was Lucie Baines Johnson.

As to you DLO--Thanks so much...for nothing! How could you build us up with hope and then shoot us down with the threat of at least another year?

It seems that Lady Bird continues to beat the odds. I was told this morning that she was rapidly declining. However, I've been informed within the past hour that the former First Lady has improved - that is, improved by standard for a 92-year-old woman who is nearly blind and deaf and who has suffered a debilitating stroke.

Guest LBJwatcher
It seems that Lady Bird continues to beat the odds. I was told this morning that she was rapidly declining. However, I've been informed within the past hour that the former First Lady has improved - that is, improved by standard for a 92-year-old woman who is nearly blind and deaf and who has suffered a debilitating stroke.

Hmm..interesting. If the situation has been that dire as it seems to have been all week, I am very surprised that the press hasn't chased down any rumors about deteriorating health. I mean last year just before President Reagan died, the press was camped for the last day or hours outside his house. But I figure we won't hear anything about what the illness is until after Lady Bird's death has occured and has been anounced.

Ever the tough cookie, Mrs. Johnson has beaten the odds yet again. I was told this morning that her condition is continuing to improve. She may survive the year, after all. However, I STRONGLY urge the DeathList committee to place Lady Bird Johnson's name on the 2006 list. This is, indeed, a woman who, in recent years, has only received news coverage when her health fails. Despite Mrs. Johnson's apparent victory in what was described to me Monday as a losing fight for her life, I would still not be surprised to hear of her death in the coming weeks.

Ever the tough cookie, Mrs. Johnson has beaten the odds yet again. I was told this morning that her condition is continuing to improve. She may survive the year, after all. However, I STRONGLY urge the DeathList committee to place Lady Bird Johnson's name on the 2006 list. This is, indeed, a woman who, in recent years, has only received news coverage when her health fails. Despite Mrs. Johnson's apparent victory in what was described to me Monday as a losing fight for her life, I would still not be surprised to hear of her death in the coming weeks.

Keep posting this annoying drivel each and every day and yours will be the only death you'll be observing. It'll be death from your own stupidity. Face it pal, when she croaks then she croaks. It really ain't no big deal to the majority of the world, not even for The Great Society Liberal Americans. It's not like she was even a 'force to be reckoned' with sort of First Lady, she did her job--decades ago; but beyond that, name 5 things she did. As for her eventually passing, it ain't gonna cause me no never mind. Just hope for her sake it's peaceful---that means you have to leave her ranch premises now.

Guest LBJwatcher

DLO, we appreciate the info you have posted throughout the past week regarding the health of Lady Bird Johnson. However a lot of people are a bit confused by the way you seem to keep posting info that changes consistently, from "imminent" death to perhaps her being on the 2006 list. Would you be able to tell us the illness that the former first lady is suffering from, Is it say pneumonia, which is quite common in 92 year old people. From what you have described it kind of sounds like that. And can we assume as well that she is being kept at home and not hospitalized. Otherwise I figure we'd be looking at tv shots of her hospital window waiting for the lights to go out. Finally I'd like to say that while I understand your need to maybe be a little discreet given the celebrity of this individual, but a little more info might help us understand this and not become so frustrated.

Lady Bird Johnson's near-death this week was not the result of a specific illness. Rather, a 92-year-old woman was simply close to succumbing to health that, in recent years, has rapidly deteriorated. Much like Princess Alice, Lady Bird Johnson's death may be the result of an old, tired body simply failing.