Sign in to follow this  
Guest Death List Observer

Lady Bird Johnson

does anyone know what the most hits in a week record is for the death list? 3 is alot

I just heard the appaling news from the CNSNews.com newsfeed on my website (http://www.believe-mail.com) and I was deeply shocked and saddened to hear that Lady Bird Johnson has kicked the bucket so I rushed over here to offer my sincerest condolensces to the family and friends of this remarkable woman. This also marks my return to this Forum after a long absence that's how signifcant this event is to "force me out of retirement". :( Why do the good always have to die so young? :) Aldios my dear and may you rest in peace! :angry:

Oh bollocks.

She wasn't on ANY deathpool I entered in this year.

A big miss - I'm not sure why I took her off now. Maybe it was because of the age rules, maybe because I thought she'd keep battling on.. But hey...

All will be lost. :( Unless Messner goes on the 13th, of course.... :angry:

does anyone know what the most hits in a week record is for the death list? 3 is alot

The dam had to break some time.

As the noted DL historian AJP Windsor can no doubt confirm, three successes in a week has only been bettered on three legendary occasions.

The greatest of these, in my opinion, was 5th-11th Sept 1997, a prehistoric time when internet research was a mere pipe dream, but one when The Committee managed to predict that Mother Teresa, Jeffrey Bernard, Mobutu and Burgess Meredith would all cark it. And it happened just a week after Di went bumper car racing. Heady times...

From 27th-30th March 2002 (a mere 4 days!) Beryl Reid Queenie Mum, Milton Berle and Billy Wilder followed Dudley Moore in shuffling off, while 8th-12th September 2003 saw the demise of Warren Zevon, Leni Riefenstahl, Johnny Cash and Edward Teller.

So even if Tammy expired today, it would be 4 in 8 days and not a record-equalling week. But let's not get too downhearted after a week that put all the carpers and naysayers back in their hutches, eh.

The dam had to break some time.

As the noted DL historian AJP Windsor can no doubt confirm, three successes in a week has only been bettered on three legendary occasions.

As you are a reputable primary source, I can only agree. ;)

RIP Lady Bird. All those who got bored with the lack of 2007 Deathlist success and stopped checking the site are sure to get a shock when they log back on.... especially with Tammy's end so imminent.....

Yes it looks as if the Death List is back in the big time after such a lull.... ;)

This week has certainly been the best since I joined in March 2005...

RIP Lady Bird. All those who got bored with the lack of 2007 Deathlist success and stopped checking the site are sure to get a shock when they log back on.... especially with Tammy's end so imminent.....

Yeah, I'd be among those who got bored. Now all I can say is wow.

Nancy Reagan turned 86 on Friday, Betty Ford is 89 and Lady Bird Johnson is 94, there has to be some first lady deaths soon. The last first lady to die was Jackie Kennedy in 1994 one year after Pat Nixon in 1993.

This is the second ominous post I have made since I joined this forum, I was also the last person to post in Gerald Ford's thread before his death and made a similar post about his death being near and now I make this post. On Christmas day (the day before Ford's passing) that Ford was more likely to go before New Year's that Lady Bird and thats what happened. I posted in this thread I just had a feeling about Lady Bird a few days before she died even though she had been out of the hospital for about two weeks about that time without any updates.

I think Betty Ford is going to go next, this year. After all she was the only living first lady to not attend Lady Bird's funeral and she also was hospitalized this year for a number of days. Its interesting that they usually give rather rosy press releases when an ailing former president or first lady is in the hospital but it always seems they are just holding back information that their death is imminent, it was that way with Gerald Ford and Lady Bird and Betty Ford is going down the same path.

11 years ago was the last time Lady Bird Johnson was "spotted", aged 94.

• Confused 1

Absolutely no fucking need to necro this thread Willz, why in the holy fuck bother?

It was happily dead you cunt.

That wasn't even a good joke to necro it with you pillock. 

Just now, Deathray said:

Absolutely no fucking need to necro this thread Willz, why in the holy fuck bother?

That wasn't even a good joke to necro it with you pillock. 

Don't piss on your champions, Deathray....:lol:

13 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Don't piss on your champions, Deathray....:lol:

Don't be a cockwomble then.

Just now, Deathray said:

Don't be a cockwomble then.

Tobermory....with 10 inches....but only sometimes. :lol:

Just now, YoungWillz said:

Tobermory....with 10 inches....but only sometimes. :lol:

Oh you're a perv as well then?

Just now, Deathray said:

Oh you're a perv as well then?

Gosh, for someone who wants to stop promoting old threads, you don't half like posting in 'em. :lol:

16 minutes ago, Deathray said:

It wasn't and still isn't Dead_tag.jpg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Cat O'Falk said:

It wasn't and still isn't Dead_tag.jpg

And no-one would have noticed if it wasn't for YoungWillz being a spammy twat.

Just now, Deathray said:

And no-one would have noticed if it wasn't for YoungWillz being a spammy twat.

Ok, Deathers you've pushed me into doing another one I wasn't going to bother with...

Wouldn't it be simpler just to add the 'dead' tag?